• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

We’ll see, we didn’t coach it out of Walker and we’ve still not sorted Hugo’s kicking...

I have to politely disagree with that. I think Walker improved considerably as far as brain farts is concerned, and Hugo's kicking, while far from world class, is not bad at all.

Decision making and positioning, where I think most of young Sanchez' blunders have come from, is easier taught. For most defenders who play regularly, it develops naturally, IMO.

There's no guarantees in football, but I'm sure we haven't seen the best of Sanchez yet. Whether he'll go all the way and become one of the game's very best, remains to be seen, but he's certainly no Caulker.

So in his last 2 and a half league games against man u, Liverpool and the arse he played in a defence that's conceded one goal while he's been on the pitch?
Yeah, he must be rubbish get rid.
Unbelievable.
We have a keeper who can't kick the ball
A CB with awful body language
2 full backs who are mid table plodders, one that's too reckless
A midfield that has a player that falls asleep, one who's never totally fit or consistent.
And to cap it all an attack with some one that can' or won't tackle or head ball, one that is either falling over or kicking people, another that only has one foot.
I wonder how well we will do in the championship next year with this bunch.

I guess its only me because no-one else has posted but I don't have a lot of confidence in this boy, he's definitely got ability and can pass his way out of trouble but he gives up a lot of fouls to experienced forwards who let him back into them, he's got pace but often fails to track a run like the Lacazette chance in the last minute, very much looking forward to toby coming back and maybe he can learn somethings from him.

How much confidence did you have in Kane 3 years ago?

Nearly undone it all at the end by letting Lacazette through for his chance - not sure what went wrong there but iirc he shouldn't have let it bounce
It was a straight pass through the defence, Verts couldn't get there and I think Sanchez assumed Lloris would be sweeping behind, so (as he often does) Sanchez just ushered Lacazette one way and let the ball run through... but Lacazette was very quick to turn and get onto it and suddenly was clean through. I agree Sanchez should have scuffed it into row Z. It was the last minute of the derby after all.

It was a straight pass through the defence, Verts couldn't get there and I think Sanchez assumed Lloris would be sweeping behind, so (as he often does) Sanchez just ushered Lacazette one way and let the ball run through... but Lacazette was very quick to turn and get onto it and suddenly was clean through. I agree Sanchez should have scuffed it into row Z. It was the last minute of the derby after all.
Looked to me as if he expected Lloris to gather it too.

First year for any player moving over to the Premier League is hard. He is playing well, he dominates at times and makes the odd decisive error. But in my mind there is no denying he is going to be immense.

The sad part is I think that toby will leave. He wants a higher contract. But also he has been moved out of the central position when we have the back three, and Sanchez plays on the right when we have two. So its a fight between them two when we set up with 4 at the back.

Will we change the formation to go back to three at the back? I dont think so. Toby is our best defender, but whilst there is this contract thing in the air im totally unsure what is going to happen.

He looks like he's playing a bit more tentatively and not as relaxed as he did earlier in the season. You would have expected the opposite. A few more games and I think he will relax and be more assured on and off the ball.

He looks like he's playing a bit more tentatively and not as relaxed as he did earlier in the season. You would have expected the opposite. A few more games and I think he will relax and be more assured on and off the ball.

Could be because you know he is still inexperienced. I like him a lot but we shouldn't put too much pressure on him, hopefully he is getting his Naybet-esque training playing alongside the best in the business in Vertonghen and Alderweireld

First year for any player moving over to the Premier League is hard. He is playing well, he dominates at times and makes the odd decisive error. But in my mind there is no denying he is going to be immense.

The sad part is I think that toby will leave. He wants a higher contract. But also he has been moved out of the central position when we have the back three, and Sanchez plays on the right when we have two. So its a fight between them two when we set up with 4 at the back.

Will we change the formation to go back to three at the back? I dont think so. Toby is our best defender, but whilst there is this contract thing in the air im totally unsure what is going to happen.

Three at the back or four

Who cares if we keep on winning

Back