• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Welbeck info

Scores two goals for England and look at all the fuss over him :lol: Been talking about it on talksport all week too. Funny how people almost ignore Welbeck and Heskey's games when they don't score, but in the rare games they do score they highlight as to why they makes them such good players.

Funnily enough I am one of the rare weirdos who thought Heskey did some tremendous work. He was a great 'part' of specific forward lines…perhaps not the scoring machine, but certainly he did some good stuff…(puts tin hat on, ducks)...

It's an interesting viewpoint. Personally I disagree, but in terms of a comparative purchase in recent times it's a decent one, although Bent was banging them in for Charlton. Irony is there is a striker I did not want at all, and here is one I would've loved to see…we shall, as you said, see mate...EDIT. I think the comparison made sense with regards to when they were each bought. Not stylistically perhaps, but it made sense to my aging brain.

I agree, I never wanted Bent either. Crazy buy in hindsight realy. I actually do rate Welbek a lot higher then Bent (but thats not hard is it).

It will be interesting to see how he copes with the pressure of being the main man with a lot expected of him compared to him being eased into the Utd team over a period of time under Fergies wing.

I agree, I never wanted Bent either. Crazy buy in hindsight realy. I actually do rate Welbek a lot higher then Bent (but thats not hard is it).

It will be interesting to see how he copes with the pressure of being the main man with a lot expected of him compared to him being eased into the Utd team over a period of time under Fergies wing.

Indeed…especially if Wenger didn't 100% want him?

6-18-10%20Blue%20Lights.jpg

Funnily enough I am one of the rare weirdos who thought Heskey did some tremendous work. He was a great 'part' of specific forward lines…perhaps not the scoring machine, but certainly he did some good stuff…(puts tin hat on, ducks)...

I can't help but think of the match Aston Villa decided to play him in midfield against us. It was clearly never going to work, I think we beat them 4-0.

Bent was an awful footballer but would probably outscored Wellbeck in the same situation. I can't see him being prolific ever and although I think he is a good player he won't make much difference to Arsenal. Basically I'm not really bothered about the whole transfer.

I hope people realize what a bullet we dodged with this one

I honestly think he is the worst diver I have seen, can he stand up on his own?

Playing for your country, well ahead against brick opposition and still trying to cheat fouls and penalties?

I hope people realize what a bullet we dodged with this one

I honestly think he is the worst diver I have seen, can he stand up on his own?

Playing for your country, well ahead against crud opposition and still trying to cheat fouls and penalties?

I think he would almost certainly have offered us more than Soldado and Ade this season.

I think he would have been a better wide option than Townsend this season. I also think he would have been a better option/backup to Chadli than any of the other players in our squad have been this season.

I like him

as for the diving, that's what they are coached to do and it's often the right thing in certain situations

I think he would be a really good fit for our team as a wide forward, but it doesn't really matter I suppose.

He's 24 now, not young, hyped up (Man Utd + England), with an awful scoring record. I wasn't disappointed we didn't get him (were we ever able to get him being the real question that many don't want to really think about I believe)

I do think he could potentially still turn in to a really good player but it would not have been with us that it would have happened. Think he would have suffered here. I also do understand that he can be part of a functioning forward line, he clearly has pace and tries hard but I think he wants to be the main man but will mainly be shunted out wide.

Back