• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

No you're not. Rose is fine, for some reason it seems our full backs always get special treatment on here. People trash talked Walker for a good two seasons when in reality he was a decent full back, then all of a sudden he's just turned into a good player this season. Seems it's Rose's turn now....

Disagree.

Walker was very highly rated in his first season, got praised a hell of a lot more than he got trashed for sure. Rightly got a lot of criticism last season when he started poorly, gradually he improved and he got a lot of praise towards the end of that season carrying into this season.

Similar question as in the Dawson thread: If Rose is made available in the transfer market in the summer, which clubs do you think would be in for him?

Disagree.

Walker was very highly rated in his first season, got praised a hell of a lot more than he got trashed for sure. Rightly got a lot of criticism last season when he started poorly, gradually he improved and he got a lot of praise towards the end of that season carrying into this season.

Similar question as in the Dawson thread: If Rose is made available in the transfer market in the summer, which clubs do you think would be in for him?

None of the top 6. Puts it into perspective.

Could see Southampton taking him on after Shaw gets sold maybe. People were raving about Rose at Sunderland last year when in reality he seemed defensively weak, he is unfortunately a winger trying to become a fullback, it may be a while before he comes good and even then he may not be all that. I still don't think our overall systen benefits our defence though. I'd love to see what would happen if someone like Pulis got hold of them for a month or two. No doubt we'd be better for it

Disagree.

Rose's performances last season were better than anything Gibbs or Monreal have ever produced in this league. Rose is also better than Evra imo who is now a total liability and makes around 3 mistakes a game.

Rose's performances last season were better than anything Gibbs or Monreal have ever produced in this league. Rose is also better than Evra imo who is now a total liability and makes around 3 mistakes a game.

Really? I don't watch United's games, but that would be some fall from grace

How many games did you watch Rose for Sunderland last season? I didn't watch many, but I did watch a couple. He seemed a lot better going forward for them than he's done for us while he looked very raw defensively there as he has for us. One game that sticks in my memory is when he was ripped apart by Sterling when they faced Liverpool. No shame in that really, Sterling is a good player on his day, but he didn't look like he was ready to be a first choice for a club at our level to me.

yep..he's been absolutely abysmal. Ask any united fan and they would tell you how bad he's been.

Couldn't you say the same about Rose and (at least some) Spurs fans? And United have the baseline comparison of Evra as a world class full back as their standard, we don't.

The point remains, even if Evra has been worse than Rose this season I couldn't for the life of me see United fans or their management want Rose to replace him. They, like most teams in the top half of the table want someone better as their starting left back.

I watched pretty much every Sunderland game that was televised and also read their forum a lot, because i had a keen interest in Rose's development. He was brilliant, one of the best left backs in the league actually (i'm talking about his performances last season). That tells me he's more than an average full back.

No you couldn't say the same about Rose. Go back to most match ratings threads before his injury and you would see most spurs fans rate him and give him good ratings. In fact, a lot used to say after a bad performance that things would be different one Rose is back in the team etc etc. He's better than Evra and has performed better than him this season so...he'd go in the united team ahead of Evra..simple.

I'd prefer to see him given a chance. Our whole back line is terrible at the moment and they need someone to organise them.

I knew he'd still be rough defensively, but I've been a little disappointed in him going forward this season.

Still, relatively early days - I'm looking forward to him getting a run for the rest of the season - always good to see young English players break through.

actualy i'd think he'd make a decent left mid. him and lennon just to run the defence ragged, then sub for chadli and lamela in the 2nd half :)

From the games I saw of Rose for England U21's etc, he struggles to get involved in games when played on the wing. He did however have one of the best deliveries in the team, which is why I can't understand why he struggles to put in decent crosses these days. Honestly, two years ago I would've said it was his biggest strength.

You're better off trying to get the best out of what you have than waiting til the summer to TRY and improve the squad.

Danny Rose is a decent left-back.

- Strong
- Fast
- Very good left foot
- Competitive

There are times when he does seem to have left his brain in the Biscuit tin but that's normal, he's only 23 and I think he can learn from his mistakes and build upon them. I'd much rather see that than wait til deadline day in August for Jim whiter than White to announce a deal for a player I've never heard of after a whole summer of Spurs being linked with World's best left backs.

From not having many home grown players for decades (bar Ledley), we're now blessed with a selection of premiership quality players who have't been bought for large fees. I'd say its the best group of young, inhouse developed, players we've ever had. Credit to Levy, and to Sherwood, here.

Rose, Bentaleb, Townsend, Kane and previously Caulker. In terms of transfers they are worth tens of millions. Caulker was what £10m, the rest would command a similar fee each, possibly more.

For all the zhit Sherwood gets, he did a fantastic job with the youth team. He has ability as a coach there is no doubt.

You could add Walker and Naughton to that list as well I guess. What were they both signed for?

If Rose keeps fit and in the team, I think he will come on next season to become much like Walker. They are the same age with a similar temperament and attributes.

Back