• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

I presume you're referring to Modric?
Remember this...
1) Madrid was ripped by a bloke called Mamic. Mamic owned a piece of his career, as I understand it, he helped get Modric into the game. Mamic wanted to move Modders to make a killing off it and to boost his own home country popularity (as I heard it back then).
2) Redknapp said he didn't think Modric's head was right. The player never once sat down. In fact, Redknapp flip-flopped a couple of times as to whether he wanted Modric to stay or whether he should try and sell him.
3) When he realized the Chelski thing would not happen, he buckled down and had an excellent season for us.

As for Rose, the best excuse he might have is that his head's been spun by the injury/length of time taken to recover. He needed to be quiet. He blew that in the summer but yes, OK, whatever, one more chance. Aaaaaand he blew it again. He has a big mouth. He needs to be quiet and continue focussing on a rehab which sadly appears to have been lengthened time-wise :-(

Sorry Steff but I'm really not having that it was down to his agent. He was 26 at the time when he said he wanted to go to Chelsea, he wasn't a child, he was a fully grown man. I'm not defending Mamic or any agents for that matter but at the end of the day, they work for their clients and I'm sure the player could eaily fire them if they were unhappy with their behaviour. Players know the score, they employ agents to do the snidey, cynical stuff, the negotiating etc. Funny how you don't hear players like Modric or Raheem Sterling publicly criticise their agents.

I can't believe Modric gets credit for staying, he didn't have a choice. It was a European Championship year and he was still in the shop window just as Danny Rose is now so I'm sure that was the main motivation for playing well rather than showing any kind of loyalty to Spurs. The game that actually really did it for me wasn't the United game, it was the Emirates Marketing Project 5-1 defeat at home a few days later. Modric clearly could not give a brick and was subbed after about an hour.

I have no problem with players wanting to move, just go about it in the right manner. I hold no grudge towards Kyle Walker for example, we never heard a peep from him. I don't really like Emirates Marketing Project but I'd be pleased for him when he wins the title this season, he deserves to win something in his career. He's doubled his manner and he plays for a manager who doesn't bench him for Kieran Trippier.

It’s the dynamisism that Rose brings. We have lost the same with Walker too

The team needs pace wide and the brought that to the side

Davies at one point was my player of the season but since Rose has come back he has almost regressed into a shell

Yeah Davies was excellent last season as a backup but I think almost everyone in the squad had the best season of their career for Spurs. Now it seems a lot of our players are not close to their best, except Kane and Son.

I like Davies as a backup but Rose just has more in his locker in my opinion and has that nasty edge that most top players have. You want players like Rose in derby games like tonight for example. Every Arsenal and Chelsea fan I know really rate Rose but they also can't stand him, which is a good thing for us.

Sorry Steff but I'm really not having that it was down to his agent. He was 26 at the time when he said he wanted to go to Chelsea, he wasn't a child, he was a fully grown man. I'm not defending Mamic or any agents for that matter but at the end of the day, they work for their clients and I'm sure the player could eaily fire them if they were unhappy with their behaviour. Players know the score, they employ agents to do the snidey, cynical stuff, the negotiating etc. Funny how you don't hear players like Modric or Raheem Sterling publicly criticise their agents.

I can't believe Modric gets credit for staying, he didn't have a choice. It was a European Championship year and he was still in the shop window just as Danny Rose is now so I'm sure that was the main motivation for playing well rather than showing any kind of loyalty to Spurs. The game that actually really did it for me wasn't the United game, it was the Emirates Marketing Project 5-1 defeat at home a few days later. Modric clearly could not give a brick and was subbed after about an hour.

I have no problem with players wanting to move, just go about it in the right manner. I hold no grudge towards Kyle Walker for example, we never heard a peep from him. I don't really like Emirates Marketing Project but I'd be pleased for him when he wins the title this season, he deserves to win something in his career. He's doubled his manner and he plays for a manager who doesn't bench him for Kieran Trippier.

You need to read about Mamic, where Modric came from and the way it all worked. Sterling and Modric are totally different situations. I am not blinded to footballers and their overall
lack of loyalty; I loved Berba but will never forget, Carrick, etc...but Modric was owned by Mamic. It was different. As for Kyle Walker, yes, he kept his mouth shut but I and others knew after the semi-final he’d fudged us basically. As for your comment about him benched for Trippier, there is a chronology to that situation. Anyway, we will doubtless have to agree to disagree...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

The news on Rose is very quiet. Anyone heard anything about the injury? I fear the worst...
1200px-Big_Mac_hamburger.jpg

Back