• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Which is strange as we have been challenging for major honours in the last couple of years and Davies has played a big part. I think in a way Davies is one of those unsung heroes. Because he positioning is so good and his passing so neat, he doesn't end up doing much eye-catching stuff leading people to value him lower than his true worth.

I'm not saying he hasn't been good, he has been excellent but Rose is better in the big games in my opinion and Davies has more bad games than Rose does.

I just dont think thats true. There is a whole myth surrounding Rose that just doesnt stack up IMO.

I don't think it's a myth. He was far and away our best left back for over 2 seasons until his injury. I do like Davies but for me, he has more bad/inconsistent games than Rose does. Everyone has bad games but Davies' bad games are worse than Rose's in my opinion.

Rose also has an extra nastiness or edge that really shows in the biggest games against the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea for example.

I'd be down with Rose out Sessegnon in. In fact I'd be tempted to go for Sessegnon irrespective as I have a feeling he'll do a Bale and end up an attacker long term.

Absolutely. Just buy him as our 6th AM for next season (flogging Sissy and GKN) and groom him into a LB longer term.

I don't think it's a myth. He was far and away our best left back for over 2 seasons until his injury. I do like Davies but for me, he has more bad/inconsistent games than Rose does. Everyone has bad games but Davies' bad games are worse than Rose's in my opinion.

Rose also has an extra nastiness or edge that really shows in the biggest games against the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea for example.

Rose is a complete and utter myth.

While he was out I was told how he was great, how he was dynamic and direct, how he was the best LB yadda yadda yadda...

I didnt agree with it then, and whenever he has played since absolutely none of the above has been seen.

He is a very good LB, but thats it. He is positionally poor. He loses the ball a lot. His attacking output is remarkably poor for someone deemed to be an attacking fullback. He is inconsistent, and - even yesterday - his "nastiness/edge" was in danger of getting him in trouble. He wasnt agressive, he was petulant and a prick at times.

Davies is, for me, the superior player, its not even close in my eyes. Rose has a hell of a long way to go before he even comes close to justifying the hype.

Rose is a complete and utter myth.

While he was out I was told how he was great, how he was dynamic and direct, how he was the best LB yadda yadda yadda...

I didnt agree with it then, and whenever he has played since absolutely none of the above has been seen.

He is a very good LB, but thats it. He is positionally poor. He loses the ball a lot. His attacking output is remarkably poor for someone deemed to be an attacking fullback. He is inconsistent, and - even yesterday - his "nastiness/edge" was in danger of getting him in trouble. He wasnt agressive, he was petulant and a prick at times.

Davies is, for me, the superior player, its not even close in my eyes. Rose has a hell of a long way to go before he even comes close to justifying the hype.

Completely disagree but each to their own i guess.

Davies is a good player, but Rose at his best is a better player. Whether he'll get back to his best remains to be seen. For the moment, I'd keep Davies first choice. They are both nasty bastards imo, Davies is a bit less vocal but he loves crashing into a player with a tackle. And I like that.

This is the key for me.

Thinking about it, left-backs do seem nastier than right-backs. For us, we've got Rose and Davies now who both enjoy clattering people, previous to them we've had Tarricco and Thatcher. Go back a bit for other teams you have Stuart Pearce and Julian dingdongs. Nasty bastards on the left, I blame The Daily Mail.

At least Rose and Davies are actually good at winning the ball.

I remember the late 80s days of the Fenwick and van den Hauwe partnership, who were just clumsy brick meatheads (and sadly succeeded the much more cultured Hughton and Thomas pairing)

Sorry but if Rose is on his way out then at the very least I would want his replacement to be an experienced left back at the top of his game or a young, up and coming prospect like Ryan Sessegnon. Not a Luke Shaw who hasn't been at his best since he was at Soton 4 years ago.

I madly want Sessegnon but I would actually play him further forward.

I am basing the fee on my thoughts on Rose and his form and the fact that we can not sell him to Chelsea so Man U is the only real option left also I think under Poch, Shaw would take off again.

Which is strange as we have been challenging for major honours in the last couple of years and Davies has played a big part. I think in a way Davies is one of those unsung heroes. Because he positioning is so good and his passing so neat, he doesn't end up doing much eye-catching stuff leading people to value him lower than his true worth.

Davies is very very good, he played a huge part in our run in last season, looks quite comfortable slipping in as the left side of a back 3 as well. I like him. Him, Shaw and Sessegnon further forward would be ideal for me. Good loans for Georgiou and Bennetts and we could even make a few million back when we sell the youngsters to Hull for 4 or 5m.

I madly want Sessegnon but I would actually play him further forward.

I am basing the fee on my thoughts on Rose and his form and the fact that we can not sell him to Chelsea so Man U is the only real option left also I think under Poch, Shaw would take off again.

But we would be strengthening a rival like we did with selling Walker to Emirates Marketing Project. That's a big reason why Bayern have signed so many players from Dortmund in recent years, not only to strengthen their team but to weaken a rival.

But we would be strengthening a rival like we did with selling Walker to Emirates Marketing Project. That's a big reason why Bayern have signed so many players from Dortmund in recent years, not only to strengthen their team but to weaken a rival.

Personally do not think we would be strengthening a rival. Rose is not what he was, very injury prone and liable to more injuries as he ages. We brought Llorente after his last good season and his legs are gone. I think you might get 30 goodish games out of Rose over the next 18 months and that will be it.

I am also dead against us signing Bale for similar reasons.

Personally do not think we would be strengthening a rival. Rose is not what he was, very injury prone and liable to more injuries as he ages. We brought Llorente after his last good season and his legs are gone. I think you might get 30 goodish games out of Rose over the next 18 months and that will be it.

I am also dead against us signing Bale for similar reasons.

Full backs are hard to predict. Lahm and Alves were still the best in the world at 33YO. Rose is only 27

Walker also had a chronic condition, whereas Rose's seems more like impact knocks.

Back