• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

A club who had won the league a season ago and finished second that year. They'd just won an FA Cup and we're CL regulars (quarter finals I think that year). He was one of the best midfielders in the world at the time and was wasting away at Spurs.

He was looking for a big step up and when he was told he wouldn't be allowed to sign for a rival just got on with his job and had his best season for us.

What he did is a very long way from what Rose has done. Let's bear in mind that Rose played a whole 8 matches under his new, more lucrative contract before he started acting like a clam about it.

And now he is injured again, this in hindsight makes his comments even more galling

Would you be cool if Poch decided he wanted to go to Chelsea at the start of next season and didn't fancy turning up for our first game as his "head wasn't right"? Just trying to establish what's acceptable and what isn't.

Rose was out for a long time but he had a good game against SCBC. He hasn't quite reached the heights that we know he can but it hasn't helped that Poch has chopped and changed the full backs so regularly. I'm confident he will get back to his best provided he is the first choice for the majority of games going forward. He's still a Spurs player for now so I have no reason not to root for him.

I presume you're referring to Modric?
Remember this...
1) Madrid was ripped by a bloke called Mamic. Mamic owned a piece of his career, as I understand it, he helped get Modric into the game. Mamic wanted to move Modders to make a killing off it and to boost his own home country popularity (as I heard it back then).
2) Redknapp said he didn't think Modric's head was right. The player never once sat down. In fact, Redknapp flip-flopped a couple of times as to whether he wanted Modric to stay or whether he should try and sell him.
3) When he realized the Chelski thing would not happen, he buckled down and had an excellent season for us.

As for Rose, the best excuse he might have is that his head's been spun by the injury/length of time taken to recover. He needed to be quiet. He blew that in the summer but yes, OK, whatever, one more chance. Aaaaaand he blew it again. He has a big mouth. He needs to be quiet and continue focussing on a rehab which sadly appears to have been lengthened time-wise :-(

Remember this...
1) Madrid was ripped by a bloke called Mamic. Mamic owned a piece of his career, as I understand it, he helped get Modric into the game. Mamic wanted to move Modders to make a killing off it and to boost his own home country popularity (as I heard it back then).
2) Redknapp said he didn't think Modric's head was right. The player never once sat down. In fact, Redknapp flip-flopped a couple of times as to whether he wanted Modric to stay or whether he should try and sell him.
3) When he realized the Chelski thing would not happen, he buckled down and had an excellent season for us.

As for Rose, the best excuse he might have is that his head's been spun by the injury/length of time taken to recover. He needed to be quiet. He blew that in the summer but yes, OK, whatever, one more chance. Aaaaaand he blew it again. He has a big mouth. He needs to be quiet and continue focussing on a rehab which sadly appears to have been lengthened time-wise :-(

Key thing with the Rose saga is that Poch continued to play him. Something he generally doesn't do with dissenters. Hence Rose must have made Poch believe that he was sorry and still had plenty to offer. That should be accepted by the critics and it would be good to move on and support a Spurs player instead of keeping turning on our own. Last sentence not aimed at you Steff. Shame he has got injured just as he was starting to regain some form.

Key thing with the Rose saga is that Poch continued to play him. Something he generally doesn't do with dissenters. Hence Rose must have made Poch believe that he was sorry and still had plenty to offer. That should be accepted by the critics and it would be good to move on and support a Spurs player instead of keeping turning on our own. Last sentence not aimed at you Steff. Shame he has got injured just as he was starting to regain some form.
Either that or there's quite a large ability gap between Rose and Davies when in form.

One thing Poch is excellent at is making use of players he has to, so long as their application in training is good. I agree the injury has come at a bad time for him, and us in all fairness, as with his finally finding some form and Aurier adapting, we were getting back the dynamism wide. I do think Davies and Aurier can still work well together. I will never personally be able to forgive his blabbing, but absolutely, he gets my full support while wearing our shirt.

Remember this...

I thought Modric's behaviour was far worse than Rose's. Modric was demanding a move to one of two clubs that a Spurs player should never move to. Rose was calling out that we are a top 3 club but pay the 6th biggest wages in the league, a long way behind Liverpool in 5th. From what Ihave seen Rose had buckled down just as well as Modric did.

Roses comments lacked all perspective and betrayed his apparent "just being honest/real" talk as simple self serving, and ignorant, flimflam.

Modric was at least up front about his ambitions. Those two clubs were likely the ones that wanted to deal and appealed to him. And while I was most certainly not impressed with his actions either, they were at least straight forward and honest.

If he'll go if fit and the money is right, if not he won't and it will all start again in the summer. He said what he said and has been correctly derided by most of us.
All this protracted pantomime villain gonad*s is juvenile.

If he'll go if fit and the money is right, if not he won't and it will all start again in the summer. He said what he said and has been correctly derided by most of us.
All this protracted pantomime villain gonads is juvenile.

I dont think it helps when he does things like pointing to the badge in group photos. People would have more respect for him if he was simply professional and got on with it. Instead he is playing the loyal player part when we all know its gonad*s.

I dont really buy into the pantomime villain stuff. I think it was an absolute scumbag move he made, and marked his card accordingly, and when he goes I wont give a brick.

He isnt helping himself though and people will react.

Touched by the same indisposition as Lingard to name but one!

EDIT - but I'm an old fart [inserted to give perspective]

Last edited:
I thought Modric's behaviour was far worse than Rose's. Modric was demanding a move to one of two clubs that a Spurs player should never move to. Rose was calling out that we are a top 3 club but pay the 6th biggest wages in the league, a long way behind Liverpool in 5th. From what Ihave seen Rose had buckled down just as well as Modric did.

At the time I wrote (to howls of indignation!) how Modric was in the pocket of Mamic. It all came tumbling into the public eye last year. Modric was essentially his puppet at that time...and perhaps other times too it appears. The history is dodgy to say the least...

https://www.google.com/amp/www.inde...avko-mamic-trial-court-case-a7790026.html?amp

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back