• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Oh man the fudge up! Why not? We've done it once this season and Ben Davies has performed admirably in Rose's absence.

Our strength (at least defensively) lies in our depth. I am completely confident Davies can do the job, regardless of the opposition.

I agree we should feel able to take on anyone at this stage, with a first 11 minus only Rose, however ...

- I feel Davies does his part to keep us in a game, contribute defensively.
- Rose can help win us games

subtle but big difference, I'd be much more comfortable if we had Rose for FA Cup, and the bigger of our final run in games.

Oh man the fudge up! Why not? We've done it once this season and Ben Davies has performed admirably in Rose's absence.

Our strength (at least defensively) lies in our depth. I am completely confident Davies can do the job, regardless of the opposition.

It's not about "manning the fudge up", it's about analysing the tactical reasons why we were able to overpower such a team who currently are quite possibly going to be champions at WHL.

Did you see the Chelski game?
Did you see the tactics we used to combat their system by replicating their formation (with slight tweaks) and force their wing-backs into unsure positions further back than their used to?
Did you see how key it was that we had TWO wing-backs bombing up and down the line that were adept at BOTH defensive work AND attacking play?
Did you see how that often led to us having 3 on 2s or 2s on 1s in the centre mid area and out wide?
Do you honestly think in such a high-stakes game on a much bigger pitch than WHL that we can set-up against them in the same way with a more cautious, less dynamic and much slower Davies compared to Rose?
If so, i'm all ears..

It's not about "manning the fudge up", it's about analysing the tactical reasons why we were able to overpower such a team who currently are quite possibly going to be champions at WHL.

Did you see the Chelski game?
Did you see the tactics we used to combat their system by replicating their formation (with slight tweaks) and force their wing-backs into unsure positions further back than their used to?
Did you see how key it was that we had TWO wing-backs bombing up and down the line that were adept at BOTH defensive work AND attacking play?
Did you see how that often led to us having 3 on 2s or 2s on 1s in the centre mid area and out wide?
Do you honestly think in such a high-stakes game on a much bigger pitch than WHL that we can set-up against them in the same way with a more cautious, less dynamic and much slower Davies compared to Rose?
If so, i'm all ears..

To answer the highlighted question in one word: yes.. Davies isn't slow at all, you're being a bloody drama queen on that.

He gets up and down the pitch just as quickly as Rose, admittedly he doesn't take defenders on as readily, but he still gets into goal scoring positions (had a few shots on goal last weekend) and usually defends very well.

If he does his job, along with the rest of the damn team, then we'll be fine.. You're putting way too much emphasis on the importance of one player.

To answer the highlighted question in one word: yes.. Davies isn't slow at all, you're being a bloody drama queen on that.

He gets up and down the pitch just as quickly as Rose, admittedly he doesn't take defenders on as readily, but he still gets into goal scoring positions (had a few shots on goal last weekend) and usually defends very well.

If he does his job, along with the rest of the damn team, then we'll be fine.. You're putting way too much emphasis on the importance of one player.
I disagree with you here. One difference between the two players that I have noticed is that Rose will often gamble and look to make the run in behind in the hope that he will get the ball over the top or between the opposition's centre half and full back. Davies get's forward and then naturally checks his run to receive the ball in a deeper position. Davies only looks to get in behind when we already have possession higher up the pitch, whereas Rose is looking to get in behind no matter where we have the ball. I am not sure if this is just instinct or whether it is because Rose knows that he has better recovery attributes to get back in position if our attack is unsuccessful, but it is quite apparent I think.

Davies' attacking ability is the least of concerns with him. The guy cannot defend! Owned by Mane is one thing but Kyle Naughton is taking the p. Both home and Trippier leave us horribly exposed with 4 at the back as they just tuck in as a third centre back. Monaco away another example, they took the mickey down our right.

Davies' attacking ability is the least of concerns with him. The guy cannot defend! Owned by Mane is one thing but Kyle Naughton is taking the p. Both home and Trippier leave us horribly exposed with 4 at the back as they just tuck in as a third centre back. Monaco away another example, they took the mickey down our right.

I think that you are exaggerating slightly. Davies is not as good as Rose and is slower but he's decent enough.

I think that you are exaggerating slightly. Davies is not as good as Rose and is slower but he's decent enough.
I genuinely don't think I am. Southampton - wild hack at the ball, missed and kicked the player and should've cost us a penalty , Swansea- utterly horrid throughout, Liverpool - likewise. In games when the opposition actually attack he is a real worry (less so at wingback admittedly. I honestly can't remember a good game, and I would love to have someone point me in the direction of one as the thought of Chelsea with him is scaring me.

I genuinely don't think I am. Southampton - wild hack at the ball, missed and kicked the player and should've cost us a penalty , Swansea- utterly horrid throughout, Liverpool - likewise. In games when the opposition actually attack he is a real worry (less so at wingback admittedly. I honestly can't remember a good game, and I would love to have someone point me in the direction of one as the thought of Chelsea with him is scaring me.

I think that it has taken him a little while to find his feet since coming back into the team but has looked good of late. I think that we have to make some allowances for players who are in and out of the team.

He was awful at Swansea but against pool most of our team were very poor

Just because.

You post it for no reason every single day for the next fifty years, and you *still* won't hear a peep out of me, mate. ;)

Just days after the heartbreak of losing that FA Cup semi to f*cking Pompey...wow.

All sorts of beautiful things happened that day. When he hit that ball, descending gently from the North London night sky...he changed our destiny. I really think he did.

I will put as much faith in that report as i did when i read the first one saying that City were going to bid for all three.

Even if the whole thing was made up from the beginning, it's nice to see someone in the media pull their head out of their arse and realise that there is absolutely no chance of our rivals buying our key players - rather than the constant nonsensical links of united with this player and city with that one and so on and so on.

Back