• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

How many top sides has he faced since he's had enough of a run in the side to regain his form?
That's why I'm saying people are getting carried away- the last time we played anyone decent he got owned. I've got nothing personally against him but I think he's a really weak link. Hopefully in two weeks time (or even one week) I'll be seen to look a fool.

That's why I'm saying people are getting carried away- the last time we played anyone decent he got owned. I've got nothing personally against him but I think he's a really weak link. Hopefully in two weeks time (or even one week) I'll be seen to look a fool.

You seem to be contradicting yourself there. Few would argue that it took a few games to find his form but most would say that he's been pretty good since he has. He's no Danny Rose but i think that most clubs at our end of the table would be overjoyed to have him as an understudy.

It reminds me a little of when Chelsea had Cole and Bridge.

You seem to be contradicting yourself there. Few would argue that it took a few games to find his form but most would say that he's been pretty good since he has. He's no Danny Rose but i think that most clubs at our end of the table would be overjoyed to have him as an understudy.

It reminds me a little of when Chelsea had Cole and Bridge.
No, what I'm saying is he has looked OK most of the time recently because he's been untested. When he has played against decent sides he's been woeful (IMO). Purely from a defensive POV. The point of debate is whether that's down to lack of a run. I don't personally think it is. He reminds me a bit of Justin Edinburgh tbh.

The one thing Davies has not been in his games since stepping in is woeful, he is not Danny Rose we all know that but he has been good in most of his games and i fail to understand fans who say otherwise. I suppose some fans just have to have a player they can pick on. :rolleyes:

The one thing Davies has not been in his games since stepping in is woeful, he is not Danny Rose we all know that but he has been good in most of his games and i fail to understand fans who say otherwise. I suppose some fans just have to have a player they can pick on. :rolleyes:

He was very poor at Swansea
Don't know if you went but he was out worst player IMO
Been fine every other game though apart from pool when everyone was brick

He was very poor at Swansea
Don't know if you went but he was out worst player IMO
Been fine every other game though apart from pool when everyone was brick

He has been the same as most ( if not all) of our players, ie they all have bad games ( just like every player in the game). But i think some fans just jump on him because he is not Danny Rose, just like some jumped on Eriksen because he is not Roy Keane etc, etc. The truth/fact is that he has his own strengths and skills and i am quite happy with him as a LB.

Why would I do that, I'm not 6 years old?? I'd be delighted if he had the game of his life on Saturday but I'm sorry, he was definitely woeful against Liverpool and Swansea

Why would I do that, I'm not 6 years old?? I'd be delighted if he had the game of his life on Saturday but I'm sorry, he was definitely woeful against Liverpool and Swansea

I agree

I think Davies is fine back up and hasn't let us down generally

I'm much More confident against Chelsea with him playing there than Wimmer out of position

You could see in today's game the importance of decent back up. And we really have that in trippier and Davies

Normally id throw Rose back-in as he is a league above Davies. However with Alonso out there is a argument to play a lopsided system.

3 at the back when we are defending, when we are attacking Dier stays further right and allows Walker to really bomb on, Dier can also overlap as his crossing from RB is very good.
If we really are going forward then davies can tuck in to make the 3.

Should avoid the lack of protection issue we had with Mane v Liverpool as well

Normally id throw Rose back-in as he is a league above Davies. However with Alonso out there is a argument to play a lopsided system.

3 at the back when we are defending, when we are attacking Dier stays further right and allows Walker to really bomb on, Dier can also overlap as his crossing from RB is very good.
If we really are going forward then davies can tuck in to make the 3.

Should avoid the lack of protection issue we had with Mane v Liverpool as well

Alonso only has / had a virus didn't he?

I thought he was expected back for the weekend.

Surely Moses is the one who would be up against Davies/Rose? Alonso will be up against Walker.

Yes thats why i would double up on that side, as Hazard tends to drift that side we should be able to completely nullify both sides. There shouldnt be a attacking threat as much down Davies side which means he should be able to tuck in a lot more

I think Verts has really developed a great understanding of what's needed to work with Davies versus Rose, thus I am not concerned. Would I rather Rose? Absolutely. But Davies will do just fine.

One thing which has changed yet more since January is that Eriksen is now in a really rich vein of form. I think Jan at the Lane was his first really strong big match for us this season, and since then he has just motored through the gears. I think we have one in form player too many for them.

I think Verts has really developed a great understanding of what's needed to work with Davies versus Rose, thus I am not concerned. Would I rather Rose? Absolutely. But Davies will do just fine.

I would agree with this, Rose is a great FB but there is nothing wrong with Davies and we have proved we can win with him in the team.

I think it would be total madness to pick Rose for this game with such a short period of conditioning training, I don't believe playing him until he runs out of steam is a good option as it's always been my view that changing the defence in a game shouldn't happen unless someone is having a mare. You rarely get a deputy who is an exact copy of who they are replacing and Davies does a good job in his own style, his delivery into the box is better than Rose's.

Try being an overseas fan in the 2000's. You'd be lucky if Spurs showed up on printed league tables in the newspaper most days - a lot of the time the papers I grew up with (Khaleej Times and Gulf News) would only print the top eight or so on any given weekend, and I only started regularly noticing our upward/downward progress covered in the newspapers by dint of our positions on that minitable during the Jol days and the occasional times when they would print a match report about one of the Top Four against Spurs, home or away. If you fell out of that table, it's like you didn't exist - and good luck getting any general article on Spurs during the days of the Top Four cartel.

We only really started being featured more after 2010, and then I lost track of that particular bubble as the internet meant a proliferation of Spurs-related news and views to the point where I never had to rely on the telly and print media again. :p It's a bit overblown to say that we're not being covered much now - certainly, there was a time when we simply didn't matter at all, for good or ill.

It is better to be hated than irrelevant ...

Just to pretent this is about Danny, can't see him playing on week-end, would be huge boost if he could make the run in of PL games (if we had full first 11 for final 6)

I think it would be total madness to pick Rose for this game with such a short period of conditioning training, I don't believe playing him until he runs out of steam is a good option as it's always been my view that changing the defence in a game shouldn't happen unless someone is having a mare. You rarely get a deputy who is an exact copy of who they are replacing and Davies does a good job in his own style, his delivery into the box is better than Rose's.

Is he that close to returning to the first team? I know the club are cagey when it comes to injuries but seems unlikely given the updates we have received. Would love Rose to play but it's a big ask throwing him back in against Chelsea in a semi final.

Davies might be better defensively but there is something lacking when he gets the ball in the attacking area. When Rose gets the ball in that zone, the air gets charged. There is an understanding that something is going to happen.

Back