• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Rose is a massive miss, he has been one of our best players consistently and our left side is nowhere near as much of a threat without him playing which makes Walker's job tougher because we are unable to mix it up between the two wings as much....

As much as I agree with this, I think what park lane was saying is that Kane is just THAT good, rather than it being seen as a slight on Rose's ability?

As much as I agree with this, I think what park lane was saying is that Kane is just THAT good, rather than it being seen as a slight on Rose's ability?
I think he did mean that youre right, but he says Kane we struggle without and Rose we don't miss as much. I think we do struggle just as much without Rose, its just that left back isn't a position where you could properly quantify what we are really missing out on. I really like Davies, but we ideally we need another LB who offers the same attacking prowess even if they are slightly less solid defensively as we are on the front foot most of the time (plus Im sure Poch could coach him to improve defensively)....

I think it's more a case of we do not have an able deputy for Kane of a similar style and skill

We do have an able deputy for rose, with Davies who would play for most prem teams on his own merit

He's a good defender. But he doesn't have a similar style or skill to Rose in the same way Son is a good striker but doesn't have a similar style or skill to Kane....

Son for me isn't a striker but he is a forward

I rate Rose highly and have done for a long time... but Davies as back is as good as we can get IMO. He defends well and offers something going forward although naturally not as much as Danny boy. If was as good as he he would start as he is better in the air but Davies isn't as good as Rose

Really miss this guy. I think Davies and Vertonghen are forging a nice understanding however and Davies tendency to not get as forward as Rose has allowed Vertonghen to venture forward in this strange inside left back role where he is getting into some fantastic positions. Vertonghen has fantastic ability with the ball.

Still, Rose is a huge miss because of his energy, fight, tenacity and just what he means to the club right now. Hope to have him back soon.

Rose is a massive miss, he has been one of our best players consistently and our left side is nowhere near as much of a threat without him playing which makes Walker's job tougher because we are unable to mix it up between the two wings as much....

I never said he was not, we do miss Rose but as i said ( imo) Davies is doing a good job of filling in that posistion. My point was that we (imo) can manage without Rose better then we could/would without Kane.

That is exactly what i was saying ( thank you), we miss both of them but ( imo) Davies fills in for Rose better then whoever we put in Kanes place.

Son for me isn't a striker but he is a forward

I rate Rose highly and have done for a long time... but Davies as back is as good as we can get IMO. He defends well and offers something going forward although naturally not as much as Danny boy. If was as good as he he would start as he is better in the air but Davies isn't as good as Rose
I refuse to believe there isn't a better left back for our style than Davies we could get. See Trippier, he doesn't quite have Walkers overall quality but because he offers the same width and attacking threat he still slots in seamlessly when Walker isn't playing....

I never said he was not, we do miss Rose but as i said ( imo) Davies is doing a good job of filling in that posistion. My point was that we (imo) can manage without Rose better then we could/would without Kane.
Indeed, already covered and I apologise(although still don't completely agree with that statement)....

I refuse to believe there isn't a better left back for our style than Davies we could get. See Trippier, he doesn't quite have Walkers overall quality but because he offers the same width and attacking threat he still slots in seamlessly when Walker isn't playing....

But is significantly weaker defensively than Walker

Don't forget the role is to be a defender too

But is significantly weaker defensively than Walker

Don't forget the role is to be a defender too
You're doing Tripper a disservice, he isn't as good as Walker defensively but isn't significantly weaker. He can defend just fine, and if had the run of games in first team Walker had would be an even better defender.....

You're doing Tripper a disservice, he isn't as good as Walker defensively but isn't significantly weaker. He can defend just fine, and if had the run of games in first team Walker had would be an even better defender.....

But I can argue with comfort that your doing the same with Ben Davies...

Our defence has still been excellent with Rose out too

The two big differences between Rose and Davies for me are pace and drive. Rose can pick up a game by the scruff of the neck and drive the team on which makes him an incredible asset. In terms of actual football ability I am not sure there is much in it, although the extra pace that Rose possesses means he can afford to be out of position and not get caught out as often.

The two big differences between Rose and Davies for me are pace and drive. Rose can pick up a game by the scruff of the neck and drive the team on which makes him an incredible asset. In terms of actual football ability I am not sure there is much in it, although the extra pace that Rose possesses means he can afford to be out of position and not get caught out as often.

The big difference is rose is a world class player now and Davies is a premier league class player

A fit Danny Rose would not look out of place in any side in the world as he has developed the defensive side of his game to match his wingers instincts and that puts him up there with the very best (people will argue in sure but again the stats dont lie about our defenders)

Ben davies is a very good full back and reminds me of Ekotto in that they hold their own but the next level is out of recah as you need that bit more. For me Davies lacks the attacking instincts of rose but that may come with time to be fair but he can't do much about his pace which isn't on par with Danny Boy

Tripper can't play a hospital ball or a dodgy back pass anywhere near as effectively as walker.

True but he can't catch a man up with pace, win a header completely against the play or tackle as effectively

Trippier is a great footballer but again as per my rose comment above he isn't world class where as Walker is in the top tier now

Back