• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

I know I am one of the few suggesting that we should play Davies at LB and Rose ahead of him, as that will give us the progression and longitudinal flexibility to go with our lateral midfield rotability.

I thought Davies play when he came on against Burnley was excellent, especially his passing and linking. That would complement Rose's directness and dribbling, something our regular wingers, including Lamela, are loathe to do.

It would be interesting to see if they can dovetail and have an understanding.

Indeed, it is time we smartened up in this respect.
However, I would wait until the 75 min rather than the 26th min, as Costa got his yellow and Kante was let off by the ref.
You can bet whoever the ref is in the Southampton match will show us no leniency.

Be nice to see Kante suspended against us but he will do the smart thing and get done before hand

I know I am one of the few suggesting that we should play Davies at LB and Rose ahead of him, as that will give us the progression and longitudinal flexibility to go with our lateral midfield rotability.

I thought Davies play when he came on against Burnley was excellent, especially his passing and linking. That would complement Rose's directness and dribbling, something our regular wingers, including Lamela, are loathe to do.

So who would you leave out to get Davies in?

Rose's recent rise is almost Bale-esque in scale. Almost but not quite. That would be something else again.

Probably something you could try late on in a game you are chasing, sub Davies in, without taking off Danny.

The only issue is Danny expends a ton of energy and tends to get in the wars (never ducks out of tackles/physical stuff), so is often beaten up by end of game.

So who would you leave out to get Davies in?

Rose's recent rise is almost Bale-esque in scale. Almost but not quite. That would be something else again.
I don't like Alli on the left, as he is not able to use his left peg at all. Also, Poch subs Alli a lot and as Raziel says if he was being used late on to be LM, then Alli would be the natural replacement.
However, I don't think anyone should be immune and that includes the DMs. We could go 4-1-4-1, with Eriksen, Lamela in the middle and Alli/Son/Sisoko/GKN as RM, Rose as LM.
I think Lamela and Eriksen can find a pass and Lamela should be encouraged to dribble into the box from a central position to break teams.

Wasn't most of the rotation for European games? This season too both Trippier and Davies have gotten starts in the CL. I would expect that to continue now that we're in the EL. I think it might do Walker and Rose good.

Trippier played 6 league games and Davies played 17 according to their respective Wikipedia pages.

It was from a set piece (given for the sissoko foul)
Yes. Rose had to follow his man Ward in the wall as he made a run to the right when the fk was swung over towards the left post. Then as defence turned into attack Sissoko ran over to Rose's normal position on the left flank leaving Rose with the only sensible option of surging forward into the vast empty space that had opened up in the middle.

So it was intelligent positional play by Rose rather than the opposite.

Back