• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

This guy has reached new levels this season.

In fact both he and Walker have dramatically improve offensively. They both used to be nothing short of dreadful in their deliveries, but now both are putting in plenty of killer balls from a variety of situations. I'm intrigued to see just how good these guys can get... if they continue to improve at this rate for the next 1/2 years then we will have the best fullbacks in the world.

I'd say at present Walker's delivery is a bit better but Rose's running has become very intelligent and it makes him a real handful given his physical attributes.

Also loved this bit about him from midweek, demonstrating his development off the field/influence 'in the dressing room':

Evening Standard said:
Alli also looked dejected as he left the ground after the match but there were encouraging words from Rose. The defender said: “It is his second season and people aren’t giving him as much time as they did last season, but Dele is still our most dangerous player. It is true that he is not doing as well as last season, but I always tell him that I wish I was where he is.

“Look at how well he has done — and he is still only 20. He is working under the best manager and come the end of the season, the manager will have brought the best from him.”

We do need to start thinking about some succession planning though because I imagine he and Walker will begin to decline fairly sharply when they hit 29/30 and while Poch can clearly work magic with players, I'm not sure Davies has the physical profile to emulate Rose's development.

We do need to start thinking about some succession planning though because I imagine he and Walker will begin to decline fairly sharply when they hit 29/30 and while Poch can clearly work magic with players, I'm not sure Davies has the physical profile to emulate Rose's development.
\

Sessegnon from Fulham for Rose and Kyle Walker Peters for Kyle Walker (not Peters)

Id sell Davies in jan to palace for silly money and use half to get in Sessegnon

Rather than looking to sell Davies (already lol), i think it's more important that Poch looks to develop different methods of play, perhaps where the full-backs don't always have to be so athletic and power up-and-down the wings: even within a single season such reliance on them to do such a physical jobs whilst being great defensively is simply not sustainable: unless you have clones.

I'm hoping a balance can be made: perhaps skillful and powerful wing-forwards who can provide the forward thrust AND width that Rose and Walker do, but who can be played when Rose and Walker are not playing. Perhaps NKoudou paired with Davies on one side; Sissoko with Trppier on the other side.

Both Nkoudou and Sissoko have the pace to get up and down and perhaps provide defensive cover if/when Trippier and Davies go forward.

Rather than looking to sell Davies (already lol), i think it's more important that Poch looks to develop different methods of play, perhaps where the full-backs don't always have to be so athletic and power up-and-down the wings: even within a single season such reliance on them to do such a physical jobs whilst being great defensively is simply not sustainable: unless you have clones.

I'm hoping a balance can be made: perhaps skillful and powerful wing-forwards who can provide the forward thrust AND width that Rose and Walker do, but who can be played when Rose and Walker are not playing. Perhaps NKoudou paired with Davies on one side; Sissoko with Trppier on the other side.

Both Nkoudou and Sissoko have the pace to get up and down and perhaps provide defensive cover if/when Trippier and Davies go forward.
I agree. Realistically we will need a Rose and Walker replacement as well though, and once you have that brilliant physical platform to build on - as both are showing this season - the ceiling is way higher provided you can develop the technical/mental attributes.

Depending on what happens the rest of this season, we MIGHT get one more season from Davies, but I can see him asking for a move this summer. Unless he's a complete pussy and just enjoys picking up a decent wage. It never hurts to have a few names ready just in case.

Wondering when/if KWP is going to get game time in the First XI.

The only thing KWP lacks, apart from experience obviously, is strength. Thankfully that's something that can be greatly improved over time, unlike; speed, agility, technical ability and intelligence - all of which he has. He still has work to do defensively but that's a given for any young full back, just look at Walker and Rose when they were 19. I think Poch will have a decision to make in the summer as KWP can't carry on playing U23s forever and his contract runs out the following summer(unless there's clauses built in to extend it) so it will be interesting to see if anything happens with Trippier. I don't dislike Trippier but he's a pretty unspectacular player and I'm not sure Poch fully believes in him.

Here's KWP in action a couple of weeks ago, he's at LB here(where he can play if needed) but obviously RB is his more natural position.

[/QUOTE]We do need to start thinking about some succession planning though because I imagine he and Walker will begin to decline fairly sharply when they hit 29/30 and while Poch can clearly work magic with players, I'm not sure Davies has the physical profile to emulate Rose's development.[/QUOTE]

Forget it this is a once in a generation partnership and we should just sit back and admire them.

I am a bit shocked with Kyle who has added some silk - which you do not see often in a professional career.

Both are true professionals to boot.

Outstanding.

Last edited:
Personally, I could easily see both Trippier and Davies leaving this summer. They haven't had many chances to cement their places in the starting eleven over Rose and Walker - and it's an open question if they're actually capable of outperforming those two.

KWP is the obvious option as a backup RB, since we can always use Dier out there if we're unconvinced with Walker-Peters for whatever reason. But we will probably need another backup LB if Davies leaves - preferably another PL-proven one like Davies.

His defending has improved but it was never that bad ... we were bad as a team generally defensively

Now he is thriving from being fitter, more experienced and confident and playing with better players

He was great on loan at Sunderland and was solid here until he got slated for being sent off vs Villa.

His defending was utter garbage before. He'd get caught out of position and give away clumsy fouls all the time. My GHod that memory of Rosicky running through on goal after he tackled Rose as the last man on the half way line.

I'd say a lot of it was down to poor coaching from Sherwood, but I didn't know a single person who rated Rose when Poch took over.

You know...for a complete clown who was only in the job for three years, Damien Comolli did manage to sign a lot of good young players for us.

You know...for a complete clown who was only in the job for three years, Damien Comolli did manage to sign a lot of good young players for us.

It is hard for a DoF to justify his existence by saying "All my proposed signing will be good, you just have to wait 5 years and change manager 3 times"

His defending was utter garbage before. He'd get caught out of position and give away clumsy fouls all the time. My GHod that memory of Rosicky running through on goal after he tackled Rose as the last man on the half way line.

I'd say a lot of it was down to poor coaching from Sherwood, but I didn't know a single person who rated Rose when Poch took over.

Well I rated him and made it quite clear on here

Strangely so did his managers

Personally i think it's easy to highlight one off mistakes like the pen you did as it was just that... but the way we lost the ball from our corner to start with was a problem too... that's where we have changed collectively now, we don't make those mistakes as much to at all

Forget it this is a once in a generation partnership and we should just sit back and admire them.

I am a bit shocked with Kyle who has added some silk - which you do not see often in a professional career.

Both are true professionals to boot.

Outstanding.

As you say they both are true professionals and they have fantastic physiques. If we're lucky I think they'll be able to keep it up a bit past turning 30. They've also developed their game to be about more than just raw blistering pace.

Any succession planning at this time should be with a thought of getting a young player to regular game time 4, 5 or even 6 years from now. That's essentially someone currently 15 or younger. Not sure there's a need for a specific succession planning at this time over and above what is already clearly excellent work at our academy.

Personally, I could easily see both Trippier and Davies leaving this summer. They haven't had many chances to cement their places in the starting eleven over Rose and Walker - and it's an open question if they're actually capable of outperforming those two.

KWP is the obvious option as a backup RB, since we can always use Dier out there if we're unconvinced with Walker-Peters for whatever reason. But we will probably need another backup LB if Davies leaves - preferably another PL-proven one like Davies.

Could be. Ben Davies is still only 23 though - how much did Danny Rose improve in the last 3 years since he was 23? And although Trippier is the same age as Rose and Walker at 26 he's had his share of regular first team football at a smaller club. This is only his second season with us and I'm guessing he would have to step down to perhaps a relegation candidate to be guaranteed regular football? He might be happy with a couple more years as a backup perhaps with a chance to win a trophy - something he might not otherwise get to experience. I have to say I'm very happy with both as backups at the moment. We managed to pick up both with PL experience fairly cheaply as well. I imagine we might have to pay more if we're looking to replace them and similarly get experience and a good PL level in.

Well personally i would keep Davies ( if he is happy to stay), Rose has earned the num one spot but imo Davies is also a good player and has never let us down when called upon. The bonus is he can also play in a back three set up ( which he did well for Wales) and can fill in at CB if needed.

Of course it will depend on if he is happy to give it a couple more years, as said above he is only 23 so he will have plenty of time to progress.

Well I rated him and made it quite clear on here

Strangely so did his managers

Personally i think it's easy to highlight one off mistakes like the pen you did as it was just that... but the way we lost the ball from our corner to start with was a problem too... that's where we have changed collectively now, we don't make those mistakes as much to at all

Me too!

Back