• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Levy must continue to support Ange.. Hope to see deadwood moving and reinforcememts arriving.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Good chairman who has made some fudgeups along the way (as everyone does)

- Stadium starting to show it's value, concerts, rugby, NFL (61K this week-end) and F1 carting shortly. Perfectly done
- Realized the Conte/Jose mould doesn't fit us, and buying VDV, Vicario with the odd Maddison is the approach that aligns.
- Youth teams seem to be firing for the first time ever

Took a lot of brick for not choosing Poch round 2, or pushing for some of the other "bigger names", so credit has to go to him for Ange.

His challenge now is to support Ange, and build a structure to enable him, give him the time, understand that final success may not come now, next year or even the year after but if the team plays this way, the club is all in the same direction, that in itself is success.

The challenge for us as fans is similar, we need to give both the club and Ange time (it will take a few windows to really improve the team to challenge)

Good chairman who has made some fudgeups along the way (as everyone does)

- Stadium starting to show it's value, concerts, rugby, NFL (61K this week-end) and F1 carting shortly. Perfectly done
- Realized the Conte/Jose mould doesn't fit us, and buying VDV, Vicario with the odd Maddison is the approach that aligns.
- Youth teams seem to be firing for the first time ever

Took a lot of brick for not choosing Poch round 2, or pushing for some of the other "bigger names", so credit has to go to him for Ange.

His challenge now is to support Ange, and build a structure to enable him, give him the time, understand that final success may not come now, next year or even the year after but if the team plays this way, the club is all in the same direction, that in itself is success.

The challenge for us as fans is similar, we need to give both the club and Ange time (it will take a few windows to really improve the team to challenge)

Great post and i do agree, sadly the bit i have highlighted is the worry, at the game against Liverpool there were allready fans bitching about how poor we were and how we need to do something about it , nothing changed etc.etc ????. The mind boggles at the mentality of some of our fans.

Basically.

No Mourinho, No Conte.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I really liked parts of their terms in charge. Conte getting us into 4th was exhilarating.
Both of them hurt us with style of play, but delivered some games and results that were amazing.
The repeated late goals scored under Conte were quite something - shows it's not just an Ange thing.

Great post and i do agree, sadly the bit i have highlighted is the worry, at the game against Liverpool there were allready fans bitching about how poor we were and how we need to do something about it , nothing changed etc.etc ????. The mind boggles at the mentality of some of our fans.

Youtube pundits are already in the "squad is too thin" and it's Levy's fault again (completely ignoring the amount of rebuild already done)

Youtube pundits are already in the "squad is too thin" and it's Levy's fault again (completely ignoring the amount of rebuild already done)

Ignore them is the best way of handling it, a blind man can see we are a far better team allready and of course we need a couple more players to boost the squad ( most clubs fans would say the same). The truth is we have got the makings of a very good squad and the mentality of the team is improving and that is something we have lacked for a long time. imo

I really liked parts of their terms in charge. Conte getting us into 4th was exhilarating.
Both of them hurt us with style of play, but delivered some games and results that were amazing.
The repeated late goals scored under Conte were quite something - shows it's not just an Ange thing.

I didn't really rate what we were doing structurally but tried to not be too vocal with complaints too much because I didn't want to be overly negative but for me both were the polar opposite of what Spurs needed. I actually preferred Nuno as clueless as he turned out to be just because he suited our chosen model better. And note as much as I'm not a Levy fan I've never criticised the hire of Nuno despite how poor that appointment turned out. There just a model I feel Spurs should follow and neither Conte nor Mourinho fitted that model whereas Nuno did (despite failing).

I do agree that Conte's Spurs had fight and I've said the same on here. Too many are speaking as if pre Ange we never fought and constantly rolled over when let's be honest last season was all fight and no quality (@Baleforce would be happy) [emoji1787]

Even with the 4th in the first season again I said it on here and I know many don't agree but that was very much down to Arsenal bottling it. We did play some really decent stuff once Kulu and Bentancur came in (it was pretty drab before then) but still Arsenal if they had, had degree of mental strength should have finished 4th that season.

I had mixed feelings as on one hand Conte definitely overachieved with what he had available to him, but it felt it bit smoke and mirrorsesque. The following season kind of showed through the facade.

Anyway doesn't matter now as we've moved on from the ill-fitting manager type and now have someone who actually suits the squad of players we have and the model we follow.

I didn't really rate what we were doing structurally but tried to not be too vocal with complaints too much because I didn't want to be overly negative but for me both were the polar opposite of what Spurs needed. I actually preferred Nuno as clueless as he turned out to be just because he suited our chosen model better. And note as much as I'm not a Levy fan I've never criticised the hire of Nuno despite how poor that appointment turned out. There just a model I feel Spurs should follow and neither Conte nor Mourinho fitted that model whereas Nuno did (despite failing).

I do agree that Conte's Spurs had fight and I've said the same on here. Too many are speaking as if pre Ange we never fought and constantly rolled over when let's be honest last season was all fight and no quality (@Baleforce would be happy) [emoji1787]

Even with the 4th in the first season again I said it on here and I know many don't agree but that was very much down to Arsenal bottling it. We did play some really decent stuff once Kulu and Bentancur came in (it was pretty drab before then) but still Arsenal if they had, had degree of mental strength should have finished 4th that season.

I had mixed feelings as on one hand Conte definitely overachieved with what he had available to him, but it felt it bit smoke and mirrorsesque. The following season kind of showed through the facade.

Anyway doesn't matter now as we've moved on from the ill-fitting manager type and now have someone who actually suits the squad of players we have and the model we follow.

It was about arsenal bottling it
But we still had to get the results, which we did
Hard to say how much was players and how much was Conte
I do think the WC killed his plans last season but then he never ever helped himself

The key is the relationship with the squad and all the employees at the club. The players gave up on Conte, Conte said it himself. In contrast, now the team is playing for Ange. He's creating a relationship with his players where they'll die for him and that's how he will deliver success. This leadership and personality culture is what Ferguson developed during his success at Yanited. See also Shankley, Revie, Clough and of course our Bill.

I'll buy a lot of that.
And, yes, without Arsenal bottling it, we could not have got 4th. But I think a significant contributing factor to them bottling it would have been our momentum and pressure we placed upon them.
Re the smoke and mirrors, who knows what would have really been the following season if Conte had not had his health problems and the bereavements (including loss of an important coach) hitting him in quick succession. I would hardly say last season exposed Conte for what he was or was a clear demonstration that the club and the manager were definitely a poor fit.
In the same way with Mourinho, even the factor of not playing in front of fans could have impacted the team under him and his own connection with the club that bit more.

The trousers of time, to quote Pratchett. We'll never know.

Back