• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cycling thread

Can someone explain what the time trial is? Is it a race or an event in its self?
A dedicated course is laid out and each rider tries to do it in the fastest time. Like the Isle of Man TT in motorcycle racing - competitors are set off at different time intervals.

I have this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003DZ15CQ/?tag=hydra0b-21&hvadid=9556637709&ref=asc_df_B003DZ15CQ

It's not the best bike, but got it free on insurance after my last bike was damaged in a fire. I ride everyday, mainly to get to work and the gym but don't go on so many dedicated rides anymore as I'm trying to gain weight and need to save my legs for the gym.

Assuming you're bulking up for to gain some muscle, what's your current and goal weight? What routine you doing?

I just finished a bulk, still not as strong as I want but a bit too much fat so cutting down to around 12.5 stone from 14

A dedicated course is laid out and each rider tries to do it in the fastest time. Like the Isle of Man TT in motorcycle racing - competitors are set off at different time intervals.

Ahhhh ok thanks mate.

When is the indoor cycling happening?

All kicks off tomorrow. Men and Womens Team sprint finals. Not exactly the strongest event for the British. Expect bronzes tomorrow.

What are we actually good at? haha

i keep on hearing 'this aint our best event' but never heard 'this is our best event'.

Stick your fanny boy road racing up your arse. Track cycling is when it gets dirty, no lube. Can't wait!!

Assuming you're bulking up for to gain some muscle, what's your current and goal weight? What routine you doing?

I just finished a bulk, still not as strong as I want but a bit too much fat so cutting down to around 12.5 stone from 14
My current weight is 12 stone 7 pounds (@ 6 foot 3 inches) and am looking to get to at least 13 stone by the second week of september. My ideal weight is probably around 14.5/15 stone and cut - but that is wayyyyy down the line. Baby steps.

Am going to the gym three times a week, mainly doing big compound exercises such as squats, deadlifts, overhead press, bench, bent-over rows etc. Eating brick loads.

How old are you? Just wondering. Would like to be able to bench my bodyweight, am around 20kg off that at the moment.

Stick your fanny boy road racing up your arse. Track cycling is when it gets dirty, no lube. Can't wait!!

We'll get more medals than your lot.

And are you suggesting that winning the Tour is easier than riding around in a circle?

I'm sure you were saying that last year when Cadel won?:^)

:)

My current weight is 12 stone 7 pounds (@ 6 foot 3 inches) and am looking to get to at least 13 stone by the second week of september. My ideal weight is probably around 14.5/15 stone and cut - but that is wayyyyy down the line. Baby steps.

Am going to the gym three times a week, mainly doing big compound exercises such as squats, deadlifts, overhead press, bench, bent-over rows etc. Eating brick loads.

If i'm honest, you're an endomorph mate, never gonna be 15 stone without drugs.

You could add maybe 1 1/2 stone over a number of years......serious dedication required!

You'll fill out anyway over time, we all do! :)

How old are you? Just wondering. Would like to be able to bench my bodyweight, am around 20kg off that at the moment.

What are we actually good at? haha

i keep on hearing 'this aint our best event' but never heard 'this is our best event'.

British modesty my friend......we aint brilliant at anything, good at most things though.

The fact we'll probably get 40+ medals tells you we are a great sporting nation.

I'd rather that that being good at archery or sommat random, and that's it!

North Korean weightlifers are doing very well aren't they? :-k

We'll get more medals than your lot.

And are you suggesting that winning the Tour is easier than riding around in a circle?

I'm sure you were saying that last year when Cadel won?:^)

:)

No on all 3 counts. But Track Cycling, mainly the sprints, gets nice and feisty.

If i'm honest, you're an endomorph mate, never gonna be 15 stone without drugs.

You could add maybe 1 1/2 stone over a number of years......serious dedication required!

You'll fill out anyway over time, we all do!
Yeah massive endomorph mate. We went on holiday recently and one of my mates gained a stone over the week - I managed to lose a pound! We ate, drank around the same - and he exercised more!

14 stone and cut would be great, but that's over a year down the line IMO. Am starting MMA soon, although that will mean I have to eat even more as most sessions will burn over 700 calories or so...

I'm mid 20's (damn, feel old typing that). I'm just short of 6', would love to be 6'3". You following Rippetoes Starting Strength then? I did that for a while during my undergrad, didn't see very good results at all but I blame going out 2-3 times/week for that tbh. Now I do a 4 day split and seen much better strength and size results, but now I'm going out a lot less so that surely contributes to it.

Never did cardio before but now I'm trying to shed around 10kg I'm doing interval training on the bike, anyone have any experience with that? I don't really know what I'm doing with it tbh

I'm mid 20's (damn, feel old typing that). I'm just short of 6', would love to be 6'3". You following Rippetoes Starting Strength then? I did that for a while during my undergrad, didn't see very good results at all but I blame going out 2-3 times/week for that tbh. Now I do a 4 day split and seen much better strength and size results, but now I'm going out a lot less so that surely contributes to it.

Never did cardio before but now I'm trying to shed around 10kg I'm doing interval training on the bike, anyone have any experience with that? I don't really know what I'm doing with it tbh
Mid 20s is hardly old mate! Just had a look at Rippetoe's and it's a bit like that - doing dips on one day and pull-ups on another after the workouts. I've gained some weight and my squats have gone up so it's working, albeit slowly. Yeah being that tall is good, although it does have it disadvantages in that I find it hard to pack on muscle like other people. Once I've put the work in (been weight training for about 7 months now) then I'll reap the benefits.

I haven't looked into the intricacies of interval training, but you could do half a minute at high intensity and a minute at moderate intensity? Something like that.

Back