• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

I just tried to book in my usual Sainsbury's grocery delivery for Saturday morning, not one slot available for the next 3 weeks

Think they turned it off. Yesterday mine had tons of slots for 1 week+, I went to the toilet and came back all gone.

hopefully temporary...!

I just tried to book in my usual Sainsbury's grocery delivery for Saturday morning, not one slot available for the next 3 weeks

Found that out today. We’re on holiday at the moment and for once I was organised enough to book my delivery for the morning after we return before we left. Decided today I should look at booking the following week and as you say there are no slots available at all. Can’t say I relish having to do an in-person shop. Think I’ll add to the order that I have confirmed for dry stuff (and might even buy some out here to bring back) and rely on local butcher and farm shop for fresh stuff - assuming England isn’t in lock down by the time we get back.

Found that out today. We’re on holiday at the moment and for once I was organised enough to book my delivery for the morning after we return before we left. Decided today I should look at booking the following week and as you say there are no slots available at all. Can’t say I relish having to do an in-person shop. Think I’ll add to the order that I have confirmed for dry stuff (and might even buy some out here to bring back) and rely on local butcher and farm shop for fresh stuff - assuming England isn’t in lock down by the time we get back.

Buy gems!? If you have time can choose a stone - emerald or sapphire - then have it made into a bespoke piece for you. We regretted not buying some stones at least. I say we....[emoji23]

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I agree. It doesn’t take much extra buying to clear a supermarket shelf.

As a student job I worked in a supermarket for a while and the aim was for products to to go straight from delivery truck to the shelves. Storing / moving stuff is time consuming and risks damages etc.

In a way it’s good some people are stocking up now, hopefully less demand later.

Likewise, I worked in a co-op superstore in the 90’s, the warehouse was about 1/4 the size of the shop floor and fresh produce never went up there.

I don’t blame people for stocking up either, although I think we are all too conditioned, and restricted, from storing too much, we had our regular weekly delivery yesterday, the fridge, freezer and cupboards are full, but that’s no more than 10/12 days of food for us all.

I do all my own cooking, buy my meat from a local farm and do a shop once a week. Cook in bulk and freeze it.
Took some chicken breasts out yesterday and thought I'd make enchiladas today.
Two supermarkets sold out of refried beans, I'm mean WTF, I've never seen anybody buy refried beans. Ever!
And when the fudge did Scotland become a pasta eating country?
People, you can't deep fry pasta.
World, get a fudging grip!

Had a tickle in the throat last night.

Been coughing a lot today, feel a bit achy. That might be from my FIT class on Friday. Nit feeling great to be honest.

Anyone else got any symptoms ?

I do all my own cooking, buy my meat from a local farm and do a shop once a week. Cook in bulk and freeze it.
Took some chicken breasts out yesterday and thought I'd make enchiladas today.
Two supermarkets sold out of refried beans, I'm mean WTF, I've never seen anybody buy refried beans. Ever!
And when the fudge did Scotland become a pasta eating country?
People, you can't deep fry pasta.
World, get a fudging grip!

I’m going shopping midweek. Everyone will be back to work and the supermarkets will have had a chance to re-stock. Not too much in the way of shortages here in rural Dorset anyhow, save for pasta and hand gel.

At least we now know that, someday far into the future, when the great apocalypse comes the great British public will be at home eating spaghetti carbonara.

Last edited:
Impossible to buy a thermometer anywhere nearby. Looked on Amazon and seems next available deliveries would be in April.

Back