• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

So the quarantining of arrivals will not apply to RofE and France. Bit weird.

Also it looks like British holidaymakers returning from any other countries that aren't exempt will face the condition as well.

Bit of a nothing statement really, surely the thing most people want to know about is when can they see some friends or family and it wasn't even covered. Nicely evading any questions by the press later with a public Q&A - of course no live questions and they'll be carely vetted in advance.

Raab sounded like he was winging it on the radio this morning.

It was being said yesterday that the cabinet were not happy as Boris presented this next stage to them as a done deal, with some of his announcement already recorded and the 50 page document having already been sent to the printers.

I'm interested to see how much he clarifies this afternoon. He is not the clearest speaker at the best of times.

Read today the proposed quarantine of arrivals is completely voluntary.

People may be asked to provide an address where they will be staying, but otherwise it's just on trust that people will follow the advice.

Very different than Australia who were putting people in hotels etc.

So the quarantining of arrivals will not apply to RofE and France. Bit weird.

Also it looks like British holidaymakers returning from any other countries that aren't exempt will face the condition as well.

Due to France having exempted the UK from its own quarantine requirements. On the news this morning that there was a call between Boris and Macron last night. Macron said he would remove the UK exemption unless Boris gave the same exemption for UK arrivals from France.
What is not clear (to me) is whether arriving into the UK from France would cover arriving from any Schengen country, or just France.

With the ROI, I assume it's because there's always been complete freedom of movement between us, lots of people 'commute' weekly for work, and I imagine it would cause a lot of problems with NI where people move back and forth across the border daily.

Just a quick serious question on testing. Is it right that there are cases where you could have it early and the test not pick it up? Or is that the symtoms part?

According to this info from Roche, their PCR swab tests could give a false-negative if used on somebody who has been infected within the past 96 hours as they mightn’t be shedding enough virus particles for the antigens to be detected...

https://diagnostics.roche.com/us/en...hat-you-need-to-know-about-test-accuracy.html

Another problem is trying to obtain enough mucous for the sample, as the swabbing procedure is rather uncomfortable which might lead to errors what with all the people being asked to self-test at centres let alone the kits being posted to people’s homes.

Watching PMQs. The whole thing is a bit of a shambles really. I don’t think Boris has properly answered a single question Starmer raised. I hope Starmer presses him.
Go back to work on Wednesday if you can’t work from home. Stay at home if you can.
Guidelines for covid security in the workplace later his week. After people being told to go back to work before employers know exactly what the guidelines will say. If you can’t go back to work due to childcare? Well your employer will have to be understanding. Does that mean you still get paid? Not mentioned.

Watching PMQs. The whole thing is a bit of a shambles really. I don’t think Boris has properly answered a single question Starmer raised. I hope Starmer presses him.
Go back to work on Wednesday if you can’t work from home. Stay at home if you can.
Guidelines for covid security in the workplace later his week. After people being told to go back to work before employers know exactly what the guidelines will say. If you can’t go back to work due to childcare? Well your employer will have to be understanding. Does that mean you still get paid? Not mentioned.

Go back to work if you can't work from home, most people working from home are those that are not are not and those that can't work in either are on furlough.

You can't go back to work to a closed office or shop or workspace so its abit silly to suggest otherwise.

It’s quite a wonder mankind has reached the year 2020 when a pretty straight forward message can be used by so many to suggest they’re confused. These people who are confused are reproducing

Go back to work if you can't work from home, most people working from home are those that are not are not and those that can't work in either are on furlough.

You can't go back to work to a closed office or shop or workspace so its abit silly to suggest otherwise.
But if the government has said businesses can open then workers more than likely can't be furloughed and insurance claims can't be made - as happened with pubs before the lockdown. Same with the 'opening up' in the US. Unemployment then falls on the employer and the numbers look better.

But if the government has said businesses can open then workers more than likely can't be furloughed and insurance claims can't be made - as happened with pubs before the lockdown. Same with the 'opening up' in the US. Unemployment then falls on the employer and the numbers look better.

Certain business can go back, certain can't thats still clear in the guidelines.

That has no changed

It’s quite a wonder mankind has reached the year 2020 when a pretty straight forward message can be used by so many to suggest they’re confused. These people who are confused are reproducing

I didn’t mention confused or the actual message. I was talking about Boris not answering questions about contradictions in the document raised by Starmer.
And in fact people are being asked to return to closed workspaces eg manufacturing, construction (not always enclosed). Employers will have to provide protective clothing and there will be spot checks to make sure employers are abiding by the covid security rules. Public transport will have to be covid secure. All good things. But it would have made more sense to have all the guidance available first. For the sake of another few days or a week it would have been a far more logical way to proceed.

And in fact people are being asked to return to closed workspaces eg manufacturing, construction (not always enclosed). Employers will have to provide protective clothing and there will be spot checks to make sure employers are abiding by the covid security rules. Public transport will have to be covid secure. All good things. But it would have made more sense to have all the guidance available first. For the sake of another few days or a week it would have been a far more logical way to proceed.

Yeh those were the two he clearly mentioned and if those industries want to return which I believe they will its on them with government help. As I said before my company is already Covid ready to return it was on them to sort and they did. Also saying they can return does not mean the HAVE TO and have to tomorrow, there is wiggle room

KS took him apart again and Boris couldn’t ask a many other questions either.

I sensed even the Tories getting annoyed with his apparent lack of attention to detail.

Sadly for Johnson his premiership was meant to be about desk banging and speeches about Brexit, he’s clearly not set up to deal with this.

Back