• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

We’re meant to be going to Greece on June 21st
Jet2 saying flights starting again from June 17th, how can people social distance on a plane or in the airport or even in resort
I bet it doesnt get cancelled and we lose our cash

Just out of interest, forget what the government are doing or not doing etc

Do you still want to go on holiday knowing what the virus is like? Based on your own decision, would you go if the flight was there?

The government's messaging on this is so fudging flimsy, it's embarrassing. But it's clear they're in cahoots with the media and would like 'regular people' to be the ones responsibile for ending lockdown, allowing them someone to blame.

Then they can start sending low income, manual labour workers back out there to earn money for big business while they sit at home safely in their mansions, counting their money. fudging disgrace, the whole thing.

The government's messaging on this is so fudging flimsy, it's embarrassing. But it's clear they're in cahoots with the media and would like 'regular people' to be the ones responsibile for ending lockdown, allowing them someone to blame.

Then they can start sending low income, manual labour workers back out there to earn money for big business while they sit at home safely in their mansions, counting their money. fudging disgrace, the whole thing.
I'm fairly sure those low income, manual labour workers would like to go to work and earn money too.

The government are paying them (as they should be) until it's safe to do so. Not just for them, but for everyone in society.
Actually, we're paying them - both we as taxpayers and we as employers. The govt are using the taxpayer to subsidise employers.

As custodians of our money, it's absolutely right that the govt gets people back to work.

No mate
Far too anxious for the safety of my family

Yeh I would not go either TBH. Just interested in what people would do.

I am seeing some real mixed emotions from people on social media, there is obviously a large portion of the UK wanting to go back to normal and that is driving their "confusion" where they ask "does this mean I can't go out and see my parents etc" obviously with the idea they want to because its clear you can't.

I think we are starting to see the effects now of humans being in lockdown and the next area of issue.....mental health

What do you think of the government's messaging over the last few days?

The detailed guidelines are coming out tomorrow, he can't cram every inch of every scenario into an up date.

People that can work from home continue, those that can't which man could not anyway continue to travel and use caution and social distancing. Those that want to ease back work force aka manufacturing and construction can, based on nature of them not being able to before i would hazard a guess most are on furlough so there is work to be done to furlough them first. Then its down to companies who have some of the responsibility to put the safety into practise like my company has already and we are months away from going back. Companies know their work environment the best so based on keeping work forces apart at distances alot of the "how" is on the company.

The detailed guidelines are coming out tomorrow, he can't cram every inch of every scenario into an up date.

People that can work from home continue, those that can't which man could not anyway continue to travel and use caution and social distancing. Those that want to ease back work force aka manufacturing and construction can, based on nature of them not being able to before i would hazard a guess most are on furlough so there is work to be done to furlough them first. Then its down to companies who have some of the responsibility to put the safety into practise like my company has already and we are months away from going back. Companies know their work environment the best so based on keeping work forces apart at distances alot of the "how" is on the company.
They're not on furlough to keep them safe, they're on furlough because demand is low. The driver to ending that will be restarting the economy, not safe guidelines.

They're not on furlough to keep them safe, they're on furlough because demand is low. The driver to ending that will be restarting the economy, not safe guidelines.

But I see this as a way to start that, I have friends who could have continued as builders, projects there to be finished but the lockdown panic button ended that. They can and will go back, many want to and can do so safely.

But I see this as a way to start that, I have friends who could have continued as builders, projects there to be finished but the lockdown panic button ended that. They can and will go back, many want to and can do so safely.
Certainly opening up building sites will start a long chain of demand. Consumers need to be able to get out and spend too - there's no economy without consumers.

I'm fortunate in that I can work from home and my employer (having already been through the co-ordination of closing and re-opening offices in the main Asian centres) has said any return to office buildings in remaining lock-down countries will be a cautious, phased approach and most employees shouldn't expect to be back in an office much before the end of the year. I'm glad I won't have to worry about safely taking public transport or social distancing in an office environment (although being at home for several more months is not something I relish). I do however feel for those who will now have little choice. I hope the government has some clear plans and clear guidance around safety to issue over the next couple of days, but I suspect it will all be a bit wishy-washy.
Also, from a practical perspective, if schools are not going to even start going back until June at the earliest, and even then not for all children, what are parents who will be expected to return to work supposed to do about childcare? You'd hope employers would be understanding but not all will be (or will be able to afford to be).

That is spot on
But she said ....
And he said....
fudgetards the lot of them
Nothing has really changed in essence for most people

If you can get to work safely and your work has a way for you to work safely then knock yourself out and go and earn some money. You may not be able to work tomo but your boss should know when it’s likely to happen and advise you ASAP as Boris and his henchmen are busy doing other things... and your company are experts at what you do, and Boris can’t even brush his hair FFS

If not...don’t be a taco. Stay at home as much as possible tossing or playing video games or watching tv...
If you want to do some exercise you can but with your family only still and be sensible....so don’t drive to snowdon it go climbing Barry from London please!!!

Margaret from Maidenhead... your holiday can wait love as unless everyone sticks to the plan we don’t know if we’re getting better or worse as a nation, and most countries don’t want you coming right now anyway

If they find you having a party your getting fined and you will also be in the guardian and daily mail as examples of negative chavvy behaviour and also the best of British at the same time only in different sections (probably entertainment and money)

Back