• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Hey, no need to get aggressive with me. I'm not your wife.

Go drink some of that beer coloured water you lot are so fond of and relax.

Fact check of that post 33.3% correct, 66.6% false.

You’re correct in that you aren’t my wife.

Incorrect in that I'm not, ‘your lot’, I’m English and drink considerably better beer that you do.

Just stop being a relentless pompous knob. It’s boring for a lot of other posters.

1 person in Korea infected over 100 people in a night club whilst throwing some sexy shapes.

I’m pretty certain more than 2.6 million have had it

Or it’s not as infectious as first thought.
'Rough maths' was the take out from that tweet.

Still struggling (worldwide) with testing to clean up the data points.

For anyone not aware, back at the end of March the government changed the law regarding carrying over statutory annual leave entitlement. I’m sure most companies will be aware of this but some might not/might need prompting.
Previously, statutory entitlement (20 days for those on 5-day weeks + 8 bank holidays) could not be carried over. (If your employer does allow carry-over as a standard, it’s because you get more than the statutory amount.)
Due to coronavirus, employees are now entitled to carry over up to 4 weeks unused* statutory leave until 31 December 2022. There is also allowance for bank holidays that can’t be taken to be carried over for one year.

*Employer discretion comes into play, as the revised law applies where it is not “reasonably practical for a worker to take some or all of the holiday to which they are entitled due to coronavirus”. It’s fair to argue that there’s no practical reason why even staying at home an employee can’t take a good chunk of their annual leave, but it might not be reasonable to be expected to take all of it given all the restrictions currently in place.
As an example, where I work we are now allowed to carry over 10 days to be used by the end of December 2022 (it’s usually 5 days which have to be taken by end of the following March). Although I can’t imagine any scenario in which I would have leave sitting unused until 2022, but it might be useful for some.

Last edited:
For anyone not aware, back at the end of March the government changed the law regarding carrying over statutory annual leave entitlement. I’m sure most companies will be aware of this but some might not/might need prompting.
Previously, statutory entitlement (20 days for those on 5-day weeks + 8 bank holidays) could not be carried over. (If your employer does allow carry-over as a standard, it’s because you get more than the statutory amount.)
Due to coronavirus, employees are now entitled to carry over up to 4 weeks unused* statutory leave until 31 December 2022. There is also allowance for bank holidays that can’t be taken to be carried over for one year.

*Employer discretion comes into play, as the revised law applies where it is not “reasonably practical for a worker to take some or all of the holiday to which they are entitled due to coronavirus”. It’s fair to argue that there’s no practical reason why even staying at home an employee can’t take a good chunk of their annual leave, but it might not be reasonable to be expected to take all of it given all the restrictions currently in place.
As an example, we are now allowed to carry over 10 days to be used by the end of December 2022 (it’s usually 5 days which have to be taken by end of the following March). Although I can’t imagine any scenario in which I would have leave sitting unused until 2022, but it might be useful for some.

Yeah this is in place for my place now.

I had 2 weeks off in Easter and was going to book something last minute but I cancelled it all. Clearly management have had a panic when everyone has done the same as the idea that people will take 3 weeks holiday in the last 3rd of the year when things might be better is scary.

Yeah this is in place for my place now.

I had 2 weeks off in Easter and was going to book something last minute but I cancelled it all. Clearly management have had a panic when everyone has done the same as the idea that people will take 3 weeks holiday in the last 3rd of the year when things might be better is scary.

I do 4 on 4 off shifts and have taken 1 days holiday.

At this rate I’m going to have the whole of next year off if the airline survives

Fact check of that post 33.3% correct, 66.6% false.

You’re correct in that you aren’t my wife.

Incorrect in that I'm not, ‘your lot’, I’m English and drink considerably better beer that you do.

Just stop being a relentless pompous knob. It’s boring for a lot of other posters.
You're definitely not "my lot" ;)

I see the international comparison graph was ditched from today’s Lies at 5 briefing. Meaningless now, apparently, although it was front and centre for weeks when we were below Italy and Spain in deaths recorded.

And it remained there for a fair while after we 'overtook' those countries too, albeit on a non-comparable basis.

So yes, maybe that's why they ditched it.

I'm not certain about anything. The truth is that we still don't know how infectious it is or the mortality rate.

I'm interested in research though, even more so as the available data improves.

This is currently the ONLY truth.

We’re meant to be going to Greece on June 21st
Jet2 saying flights starting again from June 17th, how can people social distance on a plane or in the airport or even in resort
I bet it doesnt get cancelled and we lose our cash
As long as the FO advice continues to be not to travel for an indefinite period, then your travel insurance should cover you if you cancel.

As long as the FO advice continues to be not to travel for an indefinite period, then your travel insurance should cover you if you cancel.
That's why it's important to take out travel insurance once you've booked, rather than for just the days you're away.

Might as well just have a decent annual policy these days.

I'm not certain about anything. The truth is that we still don't know how infectious it is or the mortality rate.

I'm interested in research though, even more so as the available data improves.

I think all these estimates on fatalities are so dependent on the initial assumptions that they become circular arguments. While we have incomplete data, it's impossible to know for certain, but we do need people to make the estimates. The press don't report such uncertainties very well and they make the government's task impossible. They have to make choices knowing the assumptions could be wrong and have the press and some "opposition" politicians (including the likes of Hunt) essentially asking for a clear plan to deal with the unknown and complaining when there isn't one.

Back