• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

You don't think telling people they need to go to work tomorrow (but not via public transport), won't be at all confusing for those affected and the businesses they work for?

Surely that depends on if their business is open anyway?

The message is clear, go by car, walk or bike and last resort public transport.

Surely in a contagious virus that is clear anyway?

Course my sister in law said “does this mean I can’t see family” he didn’t mention it so you can’t, that’s not confusing.

Some woman on tele saying she is confused on when she can go on holiday.

WOW

As I’ve mentioned before the wording behind this will be interesting

People or aviation are going to lose a lot of money.

Some bint on BBC saying "he did not mention holidays" is she for real?

Firstly if he didn't mention it you can't and secondly where have you been living the last few months

If there are no cases in the country, the measure will be 400% effective (almost, anyway).

If there are any cases in the country and they're increasing (so, what was probably end of Nov19 through to a couple of weeks ago) then the effect is negligible.

If there are cases but they're trending down then the effect is stronger.

We'll have to agree to disagree on whether waves of Chinese students going back & forth in January/February would have had only a neglible effect.

As I’ve mentioned before the wording behind this will be interesting

People or aviation are going to lose a lot of money.

Of course they are and I work in an industry that relies on aviation but when a virus spreads what can you do? open avenues to spread even further?

I am basing this on what people wanted, they wanted the lockdown (I didn't) now they don't even though the results will be the same reason they wanted the lock down in the end.

People saying the message was not clear as it did not mention seeing family, it means you can't and would you knowing what you know want to put your older family members at risk?

THe message was for me clear, some clear relaxing, don't take the mick and if you do it gets worse and we take longer, you do things sensibly we get out of this sooner.

We'll have to agree to disagree on whether waves of Chinese students going back & forth in January/February would have had only a neglible effect.
If the virus was already over here in November, then everyone infected then would have infected hundreds by Jan/Feb. So introducing a few individuals further down that chain has a far smaller effect than at the top of it.

The real concern is the thousands that went to China and came back before any of us knew about it.

Of course they are and I work in an industry that relies on aviation but when a virus spreads what can you do? open avenues to spread even further?

I am basing this on what people wanted, they wanted the lockdown (I didn't) now they don't even though the results will be the same reason they wanted the lock down in the end.

People saying the message was not clear as it did not mention seeing family, it means you can't and would you knowing what you know want to put your older family members at risk?

THe message was for me clear, some clear relaxing, don't take the mick and if you do it gets worse and we take longer, you do things sensibly we get out of this sooner.

Again I don’t disagree with a word of this.

I just think passengers who have flights/holidays booked have had the rug pulled out from under them without knowing.

I just think passengers who have flights/holidays booked have had the rug pulled out from under them without knowing.

If the virus was already over here in November, then everyone infected then would have infected hundreds by Jan/Feb. So introducing a few individuals further down that chain has a far smaller effect than at the top of it.

The real concern is the thousands that went to China and came back before any of us knew about it.

But the government wouldn't have been aware of that in January/February. As far as they knew at that point, we were at the very beginning of our outbreak at that time.

Therefore, your argument doesn't actually support the government's policy of doing nothing early in the outbreak, based on what was known at the time.

But the government wouldn't have been aware of that in January/February. As far as they knew at that point, we were at the very beginning of our outbreak at that time.

Therefore, your argument doesn't actually support the government's policy of doing nothing early in the outbreak, based on what was known at the time.
It only would have made a significant difference if there were 0 cases in the country at that point. The obvious assumption is that that was not true.

We’re meant to be going to Greece on June 21st
Jet2 saying flights starting again from June 17th, how can people social distance on a plane or in the airport or even in resort
I bet it doesnt get cancelled and we lose our cash

Back