• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clarkson Fired

I like that attitude mate. One of the more ridiculous things I know are people who whinge and moan about how much they dislike someone that they watch regularly...

A lot of people like it. A lot of people don't. He's a polarizing figure, he's purposefully controversial (I think). I think it has gone a bit stale, but at the same time which show doesn't go a bit stale after that many seasons...? Still entertaining for me at least.

In the end he wasn't let go because of all the people disliking him, his opinions or even his at times questionable actions. He did probably get away with a lot thanks to his popularity, and I think he knew it and enjoyed that fact. Punching someone and verbally attacking someone over time is something different though...

When I don't like someone, I change the channel rather than get worked up watching them, I do the same when Thierry Henry is on Sky. The only time I find him even remotely palatable and watchable is when he appears on Have I Got News For You, mainly because Paul Merton and Ian Hislop give him a pasting. There will be people who will whinge about it of course, probably Katie Hopkins for example in her Sun column (she needs to fudge off by the way too!), but I can't get my head around why so many people felt they had nothing better to do than sign a petition to keep him in his job. I don't care who you are, if you assault someone at your place of your, you should lose your job it really is that simple.

And it's not just once he's stepped over the line, it's about 10 times now as Lemonade Money pointed out. What's to like about a racist nationalist who dislikes anything or anyone non English?

I think that it is interesting that most of the media outlets who are supporting Clarkson now are the same ones who were calling for Jonathan Ross' head when him and Russell Brand acted like tacos.

I have a good friend who used to be a producer at the BBC. She has told me some terrible stories about the unspoken "don't upset the talent" rule.
That doesn't surprise me.

I won't go as far as to say that's the cause for the other big BBC controversy recently but from all the statements that have made it to press, it's certainly a contributing factor.

That doesn't surprise me.

I won't go as far as to say that's the cause for the other big BBC controversy recently but from all the statements that have made it to press, it's certainly a contributing factor.

I don't get the feeling that the BBC is alone in this, the film industry, fleet street and the music biz for example are not much different, the BBC is just the biggest in the UK.

When I don't like someone, I change the channel rather than get worked up watching them, I do the same when Thierry Henry is on Sky. The only time I find him even remotely palatable and watchable is when he appears on Have I Got News For You, mainly because Paul Merton and Ian Hislop give him a pasting. There will be people who will whinge about it of course, probably Katie Hopkins for example in her Sun column (she needs to fudge off by the way too!), but I can't get my head around why so many people felt they had nothing better to do than sign a petition to keep him in his job. I don't care who you are, if you assault someone at your place of your, you should lose your job it really is that simple.

And it's not just once he's stepped over the line, it's about 10 times now as Lemonade Money pointed out. What's to like about a racist nationalist who dislikes anything or anyone non English?

The problem with that though is you could say that here he is a minority by a large margin, the rest of the world not so much. I think most countries and its nationals think the way he does.

I have a good friend who used to be a producer at the BBC. She has told me some terrible stories about the unspoken "don't upset the talent" rule.
You know something mate, 10 years ago before Jimmy Saville and operation Yew tree Clarkson's clamish behaviour would have been brushed under the carpet, the producer may well have lost his job and no one would have been any the wiser. I am sick of hearing that so called talented people, or rich and powerful people or people from ethnic groups who we mustn't offend bullying, abusing or sexually assaulting so called "lesser" people with impunity. My parents brought me up with good values to treat people how I would like to be treated myself, one of the reasons I do not boo or shout obscenities at football matches despite what I think of a player. I am glad he has been fired, because no one is bigger than an organisation like the BBC. They have sacked plenty of "talented" people in the recent past and have gotten over it without too much difficulty, Jonathan Ross springs to mind a well as that One Show duo, Chiles and Bleakley. They will get over Clarkson too.

You genuinely think he's a racist?

Imagine if this much attention and public outrage was focussed on an issue that actually mattered.

Somewhat funny thing to post on a forum dedicated to football :)

The problem with that though is you could say that here he is a minority by a large margin, the rest of the world not so much. I think most countries and its nationals think the way he does.

So you're saying that the English are better than most other people (when it comes to this)? ;)

So you're saying that the English are better than most other people (when it comes to this)? ;)

I don't necessarily think that it is better. I do think we as a nation are being bent over and ass whipped.. and are quite enjoying it.

I do wonder lets say someone of his ilk, not racist as I wouldn't know but the other stuff.. how someone like Winston Churchill would make of the Britain we have today.

Bashing the producer aside.. I like Clarkson mainly because he doesn't toe the line, he flips the bird to anyone he deems responsible in his eyes.. to whatever his feelings are on things. I am happy that there are still characters out there otherwise the world would be a boring place.

Bashing the producer aside.. I like Clarkson mainly because he doesn't toe the line, he flips the bird to anyone he deems responsible in his eyes.. to whatever his feelings are on things. I am happy that there are still characters out there otherwise the world would be a boring place.
In that sense the BBC has put itself in a very difficult position.

We're constantly being told by the BBC that the institution likes balance - that, wherever possible, both sides of a story will be represented. Clarkson was the only (public facing) person that worked for the BBC and provided balance to all the yoghurt knitters that fill up the rest of their schedule. Just him. Him alone. Now they've sacked him the entire stealth tax juggernaut is represented by Grauniad-reading Islington types.

Can not stand the man and as someone of a right wing view I find he has set back the cause of anyone who has an interest in nationalism years. Why can the never be a nice normal person who wishes to stand up for the indigenous population and traditional values. I think he enjoyed playing up to a caricature as it helped developed a personality that kept him in employment.

The only thing of value he had done has been to help highlight the amount of road tax we all pay and how little of it actually goes towards the upkeep of roads which is a true scandal.

Could not stand the man so much I never watch Top Gear and I am a car enthusiast I have the Jag on the drive way to prove it.

The good t.v. presenters do not need to be over the top look at the likes of Kevin Mccloud and Phil Ligget who is an icon as far as I am concerned.

none of the road tax goes towards the upkeep of the roads, nothing is ring fenced

But it isn't a road tax and hasn't been a road tax since 1937.

It a licence to have a vehicle on the road. Nothing to do with road upkeep itself and hasn't been since before 99.9% of drivers were born. Another of the overblown clickbait stories that idiots like Clarkson use to stir the pot as they have nothing truly meaningful to say.

Back