• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clarkson Fired

But it isn't a road tax and hasn't been a road tax since 1937.

It a licence to have a vehicle on the road. Nothing to do with road upkeep itself and hasn't been since before 99.9% of drivers were born. Another of the overblown clickbait stories that idiots like Clarkson use to stir the pot as they have nothing truly meaningful to say.

you are absolutely right

But it isn't a road tax and hasn't been a road tax since 1937.

It a licence to have a vehicle on the road. Nothing to do with road upkeep itself and hasn't been since before 99.9% of drivers were born. Another of the overblown clickbait stories that idiots like Clarkson use to stir the pot as they have nothing truly meaningful to say.
Just because it's been wrong for a very long time it doesn't make it any less wrong.

The guy is just a bully. We all knew pompous fools such as him at school. Pretty good at dishing it out, but oh so sensitive when people give some back. An embarrassment to the country and therefore no great loss.

As if there's people who've been sending abuse to the producer involved on twitter, no matter what you're view on the incident and the outcome, how could that possibly be a justifiable route to take? The mind boggles.

As if there's people who've been sending abuse to the producer involved on twitter, no matter what you're view on the incident and the outcome, how could that possibly be a justifiable route to take? The mind boggles.

macarons on teletext, who would have thought.

I don't necessarily think that it is better. I do think we as a nation are being bent over and ass whipped.. and are quite enjoying it.

I do wonder lets say someone of his ilk, not racist as I wouldn't know but the other stuff.. how someone like Winston Churchill would make of the Britain we have today.

Bashing the producer aside.. I like Clarkson mainly because he doesn't toe the line, he flips the bird to anyone he deems responsible in his eyes.. to whatever his feelings are on things. I am happy that there are still characters out there otherwise the world would be a boring place.

Churchill was a product of his time, like most people. Invent a time machine and transport him forward in time he probably wouldn't like what he saw, but let him grow up in this soceity and his views would be very different.

Judging by his quotes it's hard to argue that he isn't.

But he isn't aiming those at anyone. Insensitive, a bit out of touch and purposefully provocative could just as easily explain it.

Not saying you're wrong, just not sure you're right.

In that sense the BBC has put itself in a very difficult position.

We're constantly being told by the BBC that the institution likes balance - that, wherever possible, both sides of a story will be represented. Clarkson was the only (public facing) person that worked for the BBC and provided balance to all the yoghurt knitters that fill up the rest of their schedule. Just him. Him alone. Now they've sacked him the entire stealth tax juggernaut is represented by Grauniad-reading Islington types.

Churchill was a product of his time, like most people. Invent a time machine and transport him forward in time he probably wouldn't like what he saw, but let him grow up in this soceity and his views would be very different.

hhmm! Bit sweeping.. in that case, no one would be voting Ukip.

I have to say that I disagree.. my main gripe at the moment is actually to do with the BBC on this issue.. and specifically that of BBC London news. Last week it was like watching a Ethnic News channel in London, recently there drum has been beating about these girls going out to support ISIS and how these communities need to start in the family home. Blah Blah... sometimes I watch it thinking is this London news. People should watch it on the sky channel instead of there own local BBC news where you can watch the local bbc news wherever at 6:30pm. Around 960.

Of course, this week we find out that one of the girls that has gone has a father that goes on hate marches and stood alongside the Lee Rigsby killers and Choudary, as well as spouting hate towards the US. So now the previous week we have had these families say this needs doing by the Police, by the Government, in fact they should be looking closer to home, so the news channel was correct in doing the stories, but my gripe is this London news.

Its does seem right now that the BBC London news is typically BBC in its ideas. I want London news. Right now is so fricken annoying watching it focusing on Ethnic's way of life. Maybe I have let it annoy me more than it should, but when the first three or four stories are about generally, anything but about London, it starts to grate. I swear someone on that show has an agenda to fix the woes of Ethnics.

I have to say that I disagree.. my main gripe at the moment is actually to do with the BBC on this issue.. and specifically that of BBC London news. Last week it was like watching a Ethnic News channel in London, recently there drum has been beating about these girls going out to support ISIS and how these communities need to start in the family home. Blah Blah... sometimes I watch it thinking is this London news. People should watch it on the sky channel instead of there own local BBC news where you can watch the local bbc news wherever at 6:30pm. Around 960.

Of course, this week we find out that one of the girls that has gone has a father that goes on hate marches and stood alongside the Lee Rigsby killers and Choudary, as well as spouting hate towards the US. So now the previous week we have had these families say this needs doing by the Police, by the Government, in fact they should be looking closer to home, so the news channel was correct in doing the stories, but my gripe is this London news.

Its does seem right now that the BBC London news is typically BBC in its ideas. I want London news. Right now is so fricken annoying watching it focusing on Ethnic's way of life. Maybe I have let it annoy me more than it should, but when the first three or four stories are about generally, anything but about London, it starts to grate. I swear someone on that show has an agenda to fix the woes of Ethnics.
Lots of ethnics in that there statement.

That sounded a bit like:

"Ethnics coming over here, taking our jobs, sleeping with our women, dominating the agenda of the news segments of our national broadcast channel........ pesky ethnics. "

But the worst thing is that you rate sky news.... I find it awful.... Not Fox news awful .. but awful never the less.

Last edited:
Lots of ethnics in that there statement.

That sounded a bit like:

"Ethnics coming over here, taking our jobs, sleeping with our women, dominating the agenda of the news segments of our national broadcast channel........ pesky ethnics. "

But the worst thing is that you rate sky news.... I find it awful.... Not Fox news awful .. but awful never the less.

Firstly.. that's you judging.. that's your opinion.. fine.

Secondly.. what the fcuk, why you talking about sky news, even fox news. lol o_O

this story was about Londoners wasn't it, I thought they were from Bethnal Green?

Yes, But the theme was not about Londoners, is was about how to stop children following them. Bar them being from London it had very little to do with London.

so what would a London theme be?

I assume news of the Spurs ground would be out as even though its in London its owned by a bloke who lives in the Bahama's and will be full of people from Essex and Hertfordshire every other week?

Certainly not what there agenda is right now, which seems to be fixing the ills of Ethnic's, Its like the show is run by London born ethnics trying to teach there parents the way they should live. Kids leaving for ISIS, Honour Killings, another last week was self harming in these communities. It basically sums up the way the BBC has become. I could understand all this being on some show aimed at those cultures that put there head in the sand, not on the News though, maybe once a week, but it seems day after day we are fed this as if its public service stuff, you know like the days where you used to get strange 5 minute programmes highlighting smoke alarms or how to cross the road using the green cross code. lol
Maybe I shouldn't read to much into it. But London news is all about the bad aspects of what Ethnics bring, and that maybe is what gets on my man boobs.

For the last 4 nights I've been trying to watch the Steptoe and Son Xmas show (but always falling asleep even though I love it). I can see where the 'ethnic' thing has rubbed off :cool:

The BBC has been a count in the last year where it concerns people of minority. They have mixed religion with culture and nationality to make a story (fit enough for the EDL). I'll add further if I can be arsed.

When you say "Ethnics" I assume you mean "non-English"; btw does your use of the term "Ethnics" include those from Poland or Australia?
BBC London News reports news of relevance to London and Londoners.
The Lee Rigby story was relevant to London and Londoners. It was a horrific murder that occured on London's streets and had not only local significance but international Geo-Politcal significance. Was that story only relevant to "Ethnics"? Should that stor have not been reported?

The girls that have apparently gone off to join ISIS and all the potential security risks that this can bring to the UK and London in particular: do you honestly think that is not relevant to London and Londoners?
Did you think the 7/7 bombings were also not relevant to London and Londoners??

It seems like your issue is fundamentally that you think "there are too many Ethnics in London" and any extra "ethnic faces" in any news bulletin is too much.

Perhaps you can take a week or two to watch BBC London News every day and report back to us listing each news item they cover in the half-an-hour it is on and break down each story as being "Ethnic" or not (of course listing your reasons). Maybe we will be able to see where ou're coming from this way.

Unless you do this, i'm sorry but your rant just makes you look a bit like Alf-Garnett (or even like a Paris Metro-travelling Chelski fan..)

In that sense the BBC has put itself in a very difficult position.

We're constantly being told by the BBC that the institution likes balance - that, wherever possible, both sides of a story will be represented. Clarkson was the only (public facing) person that worked for the BBC and provided balance to all the yoghurt knitters that fill up the rest of their schedule. Just him. Him alone. Now they've sacked him the entire stealth tax juggernaut is represented by Grauniad-reading Islington types.

Do you really think that is true? What about people like Nick Robinson, Jeremy Paxman or Karen Brady? Or do you just mean that Clarkson was someone who sets out to troll? I find it hard to believe that he believes half of the stuff that he says and that most of it is only said to provoke.

Last edited:
Back