• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

Cso7qaeXgAQyt3V.jpg:small

Managers manage and players play, if a manager no longer rates a player then he drops him. If you are saying that Jose is worried ( and i do not see him worrying about that) then as i say he is not the manager for the job.

That is one of the problems with Rooney he still believes his own hype and until a manager drops him he always will.
Let's not forget that AVB was tasked with getting rid of the overpaid, underperforming old guard at Chelsea. When he did, they organised a revolt and Abramovic left him high and dry to save his own arse.

Mourinho was still stuck with some of those players when he returned, so I suspect the dangers of getting it wrong will be very clear in his mind.

Any legs in the idea that he is contracted to play ( this is the only thing I can see that makes sense) he was in a strong position during his last bumper contract.

Also how do all the ex-pro's commentators keep coming out with the rubbish that he is too good to drop, is a great passer. He can sometimes do a Hollywood ball but his movement is not instinctive, he does not know the full pitch in his head and options before he receives the ball like a great midfielder (i.e Modric).

Any legs in the idea that he is contracted to play ( this is the only thing I can see that makes sense) he was in a strong position during his last bumper contract.

Also how do all the ex-pro's commentators keep coming out with the rubbish that he is too good to drop, is a great passer. He can sometimes do a Hollywood ball but his movement is not instinctive, he does not know the full pitch in his head and options before he receives the ball like a great midfielder (i.e Modric).

I will still stand by my thoughts that he is, and always has been, one of the most over rated footballers ever. Sure he has a half decent scoring record but in that Utd team you would expect it. He works hard but that it about it. His England record is great in the qualifiers against Championship opposition but when it gets to the tournament proper he has been gash.

I will still stand by my thoughts that he is, and always has been, one of the most over rated footballers ever. Sure he has a half decent scoring record but in that Utd team you would expect it. He works hard but that it about it. His England record is great in the qualifiers against Championship opposition but when it gets to the tournament proper he has been gash.

Disagree, think he had a real good run and was up there on potential. Was a really good striker but never the midfield general others saw. He has been really inconsistent for six years but always had a purple patch in him, that is now gone and he looks like a competition winner.

I could not agree more.

Its like the media and Man Utd have made people believe he is a fantastic player and the world bought it, every single word. But fair play to him, he makes £250k a week by not even being that good at his job.

Well the media AND fans always overate players ( especially their own), but Rooney along with most of the SO CALLED " golden generation" have been done so more then most.

Has Rooney been overrated?.... Absolutely.
Is he a very good footballer?... Absolutely!

I think Rooney's biggest problem right now is the club that he is at. He is being accommodated in different positions because of his reputation (the same is also true with him still being picked for England).

My thoughts are that Rooney would start as first choice number 9 for many decent clubs out there. He would be better off going to one of those clubs and playing as the number 9. Rooney is no longer in that real top class bracket (that in fairness he was probably in about 5 or 6 years ago). But he is still a very good centre forward IMO. Just not good enough to be first choice centre forward for a club with Man Utd's aspirations.

If he had stayed up front he could have been the next Kane

Has Rooney been overrated?.... Absolutely.
Is he a very good footballer?... Absolutely!

I think Rooney's biggest problem right now is the club that he is at. He is being accommodated in different positions because of his reputation (the same is also true with him still being picked for England).

My thoughts are that Rooney would start as first choice number 9 for many decent clubs out there. He would be better off going to one of those clubs and playing as the number 9. Rooney is no longer in that real top class bracket (that in fairness he was probably in about 5 or 6 years ago). But he is still a very good centre forward IMO. Just not good enough to be first choice centre forward for a club with Man Utd's aspirations.
None of those other clubs would pay him £250k a week, so that one's a non-starter!

Haha.
My advice to Mourinho: Show some balls man and tell Rooney he is past it.

My advice to Rooney: Show some balls man and tell Mourinho he is past it.

Rooney was a top level player when he was younger. But for the last 5 years has been very much on the downgrade.

All due to starting at the top level so young, his style of play and a fair share of injuries. All he can hope to achieve now is fat contracts.....and he has certainly achieved that.

Back