• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

They're currently top of Serie A and I'm sure would offer higher wages to him than we would be willing to, rightly or wrongly.

Ok for arguments sake, let’s generously say it’s a bit of a step up in wages.

Was it worth downing tools for a year and tinkling all over his legacy? If he was moving to Madrid for 500k a week then yes it would be, but I don’t think it’s that.

Ok for arguments sake, let’s generously say it’s a bit of a step up in wages.

Was it worth downing tools for a year and tinkling all over his legacy? If he was moving to Madrid for 500k a week then yes it would be, but I don’t think it’s that.

I know some of our fans can only imagine that players want to leave us for money. But I really don't think that is the case.

I don't think Eriksen's main motivation for wanting to leave was ever money. Of course it may contribute. If we went to him tomorrow and told him we'll pay you a million pounds a week, he'd likely sign on.

But there's a lot of fans on here and in the crowds who have been saying his only peers in the PL in terms of attacking midfielders are De Bruyne or Silva. I've seen people also compare him favourably to Hazard. Those players win trophies, earn more recognition and also get more money.

Its a no brainer surely?

After 5-6 years, he may be fed up of it here or just want a new challenge. He may want more money. He may want a new country. He may want trophies. He may want ambition to win the biggest trophies (which we're currently not showing).

Players have a short playing career. They aren't gonna look back on their careers, to clubs they previously had no emotional connection to and say 'Remember that time when I trained in that great new training ground? Remember that time Spurs increased their revenue by 46% in one season? Remember how amazing the LED lights are in the new stadium?'

No, they want to look back at trophies, medals, iconic nights and of course lots of money.

If we don't offer some or all of those then players of that calibre will eventually want to leave.

I also think Eriksen's drop in form has been slightly overstated I have to say. Yes he's been generally poor but really basically no worse than the rest of these wasters, most of whom apparently want to stay.

I know some of our fans can only imagine that players want to leave us for money. But I really don't think that is the case.

I don't think Eriksen's main motivation for wanting to leave was ever money. Of course it may contribute. If we went to him tomorrow and told him we'll pay you a million pounds a week, he'd likely sign on.

But there's a lot of fans on here and in the crowds who have been saying his only peers in the PL in terms of attacking midfielders are De Bruyne or Silva. I've seen people also compare him favourably to Hazard. Those players win trophies, earn more recognition and also get more money.

Its a no brainer surely?

After 5-6 years, he may be fed up of it here or just want a new challenge. He may want more money. He may want a new country. He may want trophies. He may want ambition to win the biggest trophies (which we're currently not showing).

Players have a short playing career. They aren't gonna look back on their careers, to clubs they previously had no emotional connection to and say 'Remember that time when I trained in that great new training ground? Remember that time Spurs increased their revenue by 46% in one season? Remember how amazing the LED lights are in the new stadium?'

No, they want to look back at trophies, medals, iconic nights and of course lots of money.

If we don't offer some or all of those then players of that calibre will eventually want to leave.

I also think Eriksen's drop in form has been slightly overstated I have to say. Yes he's been generally poor but really basically no worse than the rest of these wasters, most of whom apparently want to stay.

They are all fair points as to why a player chooses to leave, it’s the lack of effort I can’t understand, he has a contract that expires in the summer, he didn’t need to force anything by shutting down, it reflects badly on him imo and if he had have kept his end up Madrid or Barca would probably still be interested.

They are all fair points as to why a player chooses to leave, it’s the lack of effort I can’t understand, he has a contract that expires in the summer, he didn’t need to force anything by shutting down, it reflects badly on him imo and if he had have kept his end up Madrid or Barca would probably still be interested.

I get your point mate but I'm not sure he really has shut down, and certainly not on purpose if he has.

I look at a player that looks worse than he did 3 years ago. The sad reality is though that, whoever we want to blame for it, that is the case for literally all of our payers, except maybe Son and Sissoko. Kane, Alli, the Belgians, Rose, Lloris, Dier all look worse than they did previously.

There's just something rotten at the club at the moment.

I may well be wrong though of course.

I get your point mate but I'm not sure he really has shut down, and certainly not on purpose if he has.

I look at a player that looks worse than he did 3 years ago. The sad reality is though that, whoever we want to blame for it, that is the case for literally all of our payers, except maybe Son and Sissoko. Kane, Alli, the Belgians, Rose, Lloris, Dier all look worse than they did previously.

I think they are all just lazy and need a kick up the arse.

From a serious point at view, at a point in time under Poch, the adage about being paid to train stopped, he’d developed favourites and they became undroppable, bad form, carrying injuries, being arrested for DUI, it didn’t matter what happened there was seemingly no sanction, comfort was allowed, incentive for fringe players to impress was reduced, standards dropped and the form went with it.

Not to say that that was completely MP’s fault, the players have to take responsibility for their own inactions, both those who slacked off on the pitch and those on the sidelines who lessened their efforts to get onto it.

Eriksen should have been taken off of corners months ago, he should also have put the work in to improve at them.

I think if there is any truth in the Milan story it would suit Eriksen to the ground, still hoping ( wishing) he will sign a new deal though.

Jose came in, established that Eriksen didn't want to be here, and left him out. The CM crisis is so bad that he's had to go back to him with his tail between his legs. Put yourself in the shoes of some of the others. This guy is getting picked and doesn't even want to be here. it's going to unsettle a few I think.

Jose came in, established that Eriksen didn't want to be here, and left him out. The CM crisis is so bad that he's had to go back to him with his tail between his legs. Put yourself in the shoes of some of the others. This guy is getting picked and doesn't even want to be here. it's going to unsettle a few I think.

I think this is overstated a tad by fans because of our own emotional connections to the club.

We feel spurned as fans because Eriksen has made it clear that he wants to leave our beloved club.

Other than Kane and Winks, nobody else in the squad has an even slightly similar connection. They all want to win, that is their primary objective. And actually that includes Kane and Winks too.

So I doubt they're looking back, thinking we've got a bit of a crisis at CM but I hate Eriksen now so I don't want him to play. They'll want whoever can maximise our chances to play.

Unless someone is being actively disrespectful or being an ass, I can't recall any players mentioning how annoyed they were that someone who was leaving was being picked, especially if there aren't other alternatives.

If Winks, Sissoko, N'Dombele, GLC, Skipp, Dier were pulling up trees or dominating and still being dropped for an ineffective Eriksen, they'd have reason to be unsettled. As it is, they're currently a mixture of injured/ poor/ unreliable/ not yet up to scratch/ pussies/ young/ suspended.

If they start putting in better perfmances, he'd be phased out, as both Poch and Mourinho have tried this season, only to have to turn back to him because of the above. And because he's still one fo the few players in the squad who is a game winner, even with his drop in form.

Danish media reporting today that Eriksen is off to Inter for a fee of about £13-15m. Conte a big fan, apparently.

It’s perhaps a little less than I was hoping for, but realistically I guess that's the best we can get. Glad he doesn’t sign for a PL rival, if this happens.

Hmmm, hopefully that means Bruno Fernandes is imminent then. As even a half baked Eriksen remains our most creative player; well until Ndombele and Lo Celso adjust to life in EPL, which might not be until next season...

Most Premier League assists in the last decade:

1️⃣ David Silva - 89
2️⃣ Eriksen - 62
3️⃣ De Bruyne - 58
4️⃣ Fabregas - 55
5️⃣ Rooney - 54
6️⃣ Hazard - 54
7️⃣ Ozil - 53
8️⃣ Milner - 52
9️⃣ Mata - 50

Premier League chances created this decade:

768 - David Silva
595 - Eden Hazard
565 - Christian Eriksen
546 - Mesut Ozil
506 - Leighton Baines
500 - Juan Mata
447 - Gylfi Sigurdsson
443 - James Milner
433 - Cesc Fabregas
426 - Willian

Fernandez signed a new deal a few weeks back

Zero chance of that happening

If he leaves, we won’t replace him this window
Hmmm, hopefully that means Bruno Fernandes is imminent then. As even a half baked Eriksen remains our most creative player; well until Ndombele and Lo Celso adjust to life in EPL, which might not be until next season...

Most Premier League assists in the last decade:

1️⃣ David Silva - 89
2️⃣ Eriksen - 62
3️⃣ De Bruyne - 58
4️⃣ Fabregas - 55
5️⃣ Rooney - 54
6️⃣ Hazard - 54
7️⃣ Ozil - 53
8️⃣ Milner - 52
9️⃣ Mata - 50

Premier League chances created this decade:

768 - David Silva
595 - Eden Hazard
565 - Christian Eriksen
546 - Mesut Ozil
506 - Leighton Baines
500 - Juan Mata
447 - Gylfi Sigurdsson
443 - James Milner
433 - Cesc Fabregas
426 - Willian
rnan

Good luck to him ( if true) and the game in Italy will suit him down to the ground. We will miss what he has given us over the years and i am not sure what we have at the moment will provide what ( for most of his time here) he gave us.

Fernandez signed a new deal a few weeks back

Zero chance of that happening

If he leaves, we won’t replace him this window

rnan

If you are right that we wont replace him this window, then I think at that price we’d be better off hanging onto him until the summer.

Personally I think someone will come in if he goes. Everyone going on like we have no money but the stadium debt was refinanced and is now 25m or something similar per year for the next X number of years.

We’ll be fine and will spend money, Daniel will just continue to do it whilst haggling on every deal as he gets a huge erection doing so.

Danish media reporting today that Eriksen is off to Inter for a fee of about £13-15m. Conte a big fan, apparently.

It’s perhaps a little less than I was hoping for, but realistically I guess that's the best we can get. Glad he doesn’t sign for a PL rival, if this happens.
[emoji120]

£1 is literally better than the £0 we will get in the summer plus the wages between now and then.

Happy for this to be done asap, please no dilly dally Daniel.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Good
Any money in for him is great and if he thinks Inter is a step up then good luck to him

[emoji120]

£1 is literally better than the £0 we will get in the summer plus the wages between now and then.

Happy for this to be done asap, please no dilly dally Daniel.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk
Dally all you like Daniel.

If he has to go on the last day of January so be it, we can make good use of him meantime.

If though he chooses to stay until the end of the season, fine. No point in gnashing our teeth, he could still be the difference between CL qualification and Thursday night football next season.

Worst comes to the worst he can still provide valuable backup to Tanguy and GLC.

Back