• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

something non football related is behind his current move

I think that he just wants a change of scenery. He's been pretty up front about that and I cannot see any reason to doubt his reasons. Frankly, who can blame him for wanting to play in Italy or Spain. I'd happily go an work in either country for a few years, if I could.

I think that he just wants a change of scenery. He's been pretty up front about that and I cannot see any reason to doubt his reasons. Frankly, who can blame him for wanting to play in Italy or Spain. I'd happily go an work in either country for a few years, if I could.

I believe he could/should have done a lot better by going last summer and yet he delayed and his form went south.

I believe he could/should have done a lot better by going last summer and yet he delayed and his form went south.

No one bid for him last summer, even when it was clear that we'd accept a reduced fee.

I think that form is more complex than that.

Word emerging from Danish sources that Inter Milan have a done deal with The Tottenham - £20 million for the bucket of steam formerly known as Christian Eriksen.

Result!

If you are right that we wont replace him this window, then I think at that price we’d be better off hanging onto him until the summer.

Personally I think someone will come in if he goes. Everyone going on like we have no money but the stadium debt was refinanced and is now 25m or something similar per year for the next X number of years.

We’ll be fine and will spend money, Daniel will just continue to do it whilst haggling on every deal as he gets a huge erection doing so.
This. Unless Ndombele and Lo Celso look ready to immediately fill the creativity void (we’ll probably not see best of them until next season at earliest) then might just have to take the loss on Eriksen; if Mourinho thinks he will perform at something near the level of 3 seasons ago which could be the best chance we have of securing CL spot plus a trophy, as that would be worth far more to club than paltry £17m.

Last edited:
This. Unless Ndombele and Lo Celso look ready to immediately fill the creativity void (we’ll probably not see best of them until next season at earliest) then might just have to take the loss on Eriksen; if Mourinho thinks he will perform at something near the level of 3 seasons ago which could be the best chance we have of securing CL spot plus a trophy, as that would be worth far more to club than paltry £17m.

You’re forgetting the 11m sale of Dembele aren’t you. If top 4 rivals had showed any sort of form at the end of last season that would have cost us CL.

You’re forgetting the 11m sale of Dembele aren’t you. If top 4 rivals had showed any sort of form at the end of last season that would have cost us CL.

We got away with that mid-season departure! If Ramsey hadn’t got injured during run-in the Goons probably would’ve pipped us to 4th spot and that £11m might’ve ended up costing us £50m of CL lucre plus we’d be back to Thursday nights on channel five.

Sad that his last year with us has been ruined by the whole transfer saga. Glad that we will see a small amount of cash come back for him, which could go towards someone else.

We got away with that mid-season departure! If Ramsey hadn’t got injured during run-in the Goons probably would’ve pipped us to 4th spot and that £11m might’ve ended up costing us £50m of CL lucre plus we’d be back to Thursday nights on channel five.

Plus I'd have fudged off the £11m in order to have a rested Dembele for the CL final! Might've had half a chance...

Also gutted for him after all he gave us that he missed a chance to prove himself and influence the biggest game in club football. He deserved the stage. Sad.

Biggest laugh of the day is that some fans are actually being bitter about Eriksen wanting to leave and IF he goes to Inter say they are not a big club. 39 trophys they have won and for any to say he is not bettering himself is really sour grapes by them.

Biggest laugh of the day is that some fans are actually being bitter about Eriksen wanting to leave and IF he goes to Inter say they are not a big club. 39 trophys they have won and for any to say he is not bettering himself is really sour grapes by them.

Not bitter he wants to go, unhappy about how its been handled. Its negatively affected tge club.
Inter are not a step up, that may change of course but at the moment we are a bigger club.

I thank him for everything he has done for us, all the great memories he's given us and hope he enjoys his next adventure or experience.
He has my respect for always being honest with us and never being a badge kissing hypocrite.

Not bitter he wants to go, unhappy about how its been handled. Its negatively affected tge club.
Inter are not a step up, that may change of course but at the moment we are a bigger club.

I thank him for everything he has done for us, all the great memories he's given us and hope he enjoys his next adventure or experience.
He has my respect for always being honest with us and never being a badge kissing hypocrite.

I understand your comments i do and can say it could have been done better, but i do not really believe we are a bigger club then Inter and ( imo) he his/may be going to a club that has won 39 trophys ( including 6 European ones ). Listen i am not the biggest fan of the Italian game but the pace will suit him down to the ground and i would be amazed if he is not a hit there. ( Assuming that is where he goes).

Back