• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Let's get this back on topic. Has the little chicken $hit gone yet??

Getting back on topic winds me up more than defending Liverpool.

The thing with Eriksen, I cant believe he is willfully not trying but Sunday was an absolutely abysmal performance. His worst amongst some pretty awful ones. I can't believe the lad would go out in front of 45,000 people and millions watching on TV and wouldnt want to do well for the sake of personal and professional pride if nothing else. I also find it hard to believe that his disappointment at not going in the summer can turn him from a top player into the pub player we saw on Sunday. I'm at a loss to explain how he's so fudging bad.

The thing with Eriksen, I cant believe he is willfully not trying but Sunday was an absolutely abysmal performance. His worst amongst some pretty awful ones. I can't believe the lad would go out in front of 45,000 people and millions watching on TV and wouldnt want to do well for the sake of personal and professional pride if nothing else. I also find it hard to believe that his disappointment at not going in the summer can turn him from a top player into the pub player we saw on Sunday. I'm at a loss to explain how he's so fudging bad.

And this is why I don't think he is being deliberately pernicious!
Something else is behind his form!

Eriksen has always had a reputation of being a bit wishy washy, that was the criticism of him before he joined us and it continued while in his first couple of seasons even internationally. So it's not that surprising given the uncertainty that he has reverted to that wishy washy nature. Even in the good times he has periods where he would inexplicable be invisible.

I think that's what separates him from the very very top, he doesn't have that drive or mentality when the cops are down or when he is truly being relied upon.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Ham Salad and Mane dive but to call them worse than Kane, Alli, Rose or Vertonghen is fanciful. Kane has dived numerous times this season when he could have stayed up and shot. And the one against Wolves last year he was booked for was laughable. And if I recall rightly, Lamela did pretty much what Mane did two years ago at Anfield and got us a last minute penalty.

Fergies teams did get decisions but they also had a remarkable ability to never give in. The last minute goals weren't referee bias or luck. They were the result of sheer bloody mindedness on the part of their squad. Liverpool are starting to show a similar meteorology. The amount of late goals, just when they need them, is frightening. If Son scores the second on Sunday, I still wouldn't have put any money on us to win because I think they'd have found a way.

Player for player, they may or may not be the best but as a trio they are by far the best. How many times did you hear "Son and Kane cant play together" or "Spurs are better without Kane". That's not a reflection on Harry and Son who are top players but they don't compliment each other as well as Liverpool's three do.

There has been question marks over their ability to get over the line but the CL win will probably do them the world of good in that respect. Frustrating for us because if we'd turned up at all in the final, I think we'd have beaten them.

However, I don't buy that Liverpool choked against City. They got beat 2-1 away to arguably the best side in Europe by a shot that only went in by a matter of inches. If memory serves, they were denied a goal themselves by a fraction of an inch and Kompany could have been sent off for a tackle on Ham Salad. The word choked is horribly overused and this is one of the worst examples of it. It was very fine margins.

I can't believe I'm defending those dirty, thieving, jobless, bindipping clams.
Liverpool are good team, they play fast, exciting, attacking football, but from what I've seen they are limited in their approach.
Even us with a patchwork cm had plan that almost worked against them, I think there's signs that teams are figuring them out.
There's doesn't seem to be a plan b.
From at least the late 00s there's been a media desire for Liverpool to win the league that leads to a lot of their gamesmanship being overlooked.

Mentally weak, no backbone, no gumption.

All the traits of a player destined for the top....

Christian Eriksen intends to fend off any Tottenham attempts to sell him in January as he holds out for a free transfer next summer, Football Insider understands.

The Denmark international, 27, is set to dig his heels in over Spurs’ plans to take advantage of the last window in which they can secure a transfer fee for him.

A Tottenham source has told Football Insider that Eriksen wants to be master of his own destiny and has no intention of being pushed out of the club.

The playmaker and his representatives have agreed a strategy in which he sees out the contract that expires at the end of the season unless he gets an offer he can’t refuse in January.

Eriksen believes he can attract far more enticing contract offers from elite clubs if they do not have to pay a transfer fee for him.

He had his heart set on a move to Real Madrid or Barcelona in the summer but they did not bid for him, although they could change tack next summer when he is a free agent.

Tottenham were quoting an extraordinary £140million price for the attacking midfielder at the end of last season, although that fee plummeted as the summer wore on.

Nevertheless, Eriksen is regarded as one of the team’s superstars along with the likes of Harry Kane and Son Heung-Min even though the latter two have been far more effective this season.

Since joining Tottenham from Ajax in 2013, the Dane has scored 67 goals and supplied 87 assists in 289 matches for the club.

He has struggled to reach those heights this season amid growing criticism from supporters who have long held him in huge esteem.

In 12 appearances in all competitions, he has scored one goal and supplied just one assist and lost his previous ‘untouchable’ status in the side.

Seriously, what is he even doing around the squad? Let alone the team...

If that is true, then you would expect to see him sent off to play with the U21's. The problem there is that will likely look bad on the Amazon series so it won't happen.

Christian Eriksen intends to fend off any Tottenham attempts to sell him in January as he holds out for a free transfer next summer, Football Insider understands.

The Denmark international, 27, is set to dig his heels in over Spurs’ plans to take advantage of the last window in which they can secure a transfer fee for him.

A Tottenham source has told Football Insider that Eriksen wants to be master of his own destiny and has no intention of being pushed out of the club.

The playmaker and his representatives have agreed a strategy in which he sees out the contract that expires at the end of the season unless he gets an offer he can’t refuse in January.

Eriksen believes he can attract far more enticing contract offers from elite clubs if they do not have to pay a transfer fee for him.

He had his heart set on a move to Real Madrid or Barcelona in the summer but they did not bid for him, although they could change tack next summer when he is a free agent.

Tottenham were quoting an extraordinary £140million price for the attacking midfielder at the end of last season, although that fee plummeted as the summer wore on.

Nevertheless, Eriksen is regarded as one of the team’s superstars along with the likes of Harry Kane and Son Heung-Min even though the latter two have been far more effective this season.

Since joining Tottenham from Ajax in 2013, the Dane has scored 67 goals and supplied 87 assists in 289 matches for the club.

He has struggled to reach those heights this season amid growing criticism from supporters who have long held him in huge esteem.

In 12 appearances in all competitions, he has scored one goal and supplied just one assist and lost his previous ‘untouchable’ status in the side.

Two seasons ago he was an integral part of how we played and contributed as such.

A valuable asset, reluctant to cash in on him in a similar way Liverpool did with Coutinho with a similar fee.

Two years on and how we wish we could have that time back. We have a player that now gives nothing and is probably worth nothing.

Sacrificing CE to the tune of £100m could have kept the transfer churn going during the windows when money was tight.

Now ironically we have to deal with the hole that the ever depreciating asset (anything north of zero will be a bonus) will leave in any future budgets, as let face it 1-2 years ago the transfer committee would have never foreseen CE going for eff all.

Hopefully a club in Jan will want to jump the queue and even if its £10-20m......HE HAS TO GO!

If this is true (it should be taken with a pinch of salt of course) and we add the fact that his performances are poor this season, he should be out of the match day squad and be made to train with the U21s.

Should have been the case weeks ago IMHO.

Its about more than what he wants, its a message to the squad, its the manager showing his strength - there are a lot of positives to kicking Eriksen out.

ESPECIALLY when he is performing as he is.

If we are choosing to believe this article then the following line is the most damning part of it I'd say:

I think it is now clear that Eriksen is planning on leaving on a free at the end of the season and with that being the case (coupled with him not putting his all in) he shouldn't be in our match day squads from now on.

I dont think expecting good money to sell him is that damning, it would have been ridiculous to try and offer him at bargain basement prices.

Considering the sale of Coutinho, its not unreasonable to be ambitious in setting the starting price for negotiations. As the quote shows though - that price was not set in stone, and apparently reduced through the summer.

Basically, completely reasonable behaviour.

What we cant have managed was that nobody was interested, really, and quite clearly Eriksen wasnt going to play ball regardless.

I dont think expecting good money to sell him is that damning, it would have been ridiculous to try and offer him at bargain basement prices.

Considering the sale of Coutinho, its not unreasonable to be ambitious in setting the starting price for negotiations. As the quote shows though - that price was not set in stone, and apparently reduced through the summer.

Basically, completely reasonable behaviour.

What we cant have managed was that nobody was interested, really, and quite clearly Eriksen wasnt going to play ball regardless.
If we were really quoting £140 million million for Eriksen then it was absolutely brain dead behaviour. There are probably only 4 or 5 clubs in European football that could pay a £140 million transfer fee and that's 'could' not 'would'.

I remember a conversation we had a the end of last season when you thought we would get big money for Eriksen and I said we would be lucky to get £50 million for him due to his contract situation. Which one of us was right?

Coutinho had a contract at Liverpool until 2022 with 3.5 years remaining on it when he moved from Liverpool to Barcelona. Liverpool held all the cards. That situation is hugely different from ours with Eriksen where the player held all the aces. Do you understand the difference here?

Back