• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

We can spend, but we haven't. That's not the managers issue.

We did not spend in 1 summer (it's quite normal to miss winter windows) and in that summer Poch was offered players he didn't take.

As I mentioned in another thread, over this 3 year period were Poch has had "no signings" we have got Gazza, Sanchez, Foyth, Lucas, Aurier, we have had academy options in Winks, KWP, Edwards, Skipp, Tanganga and this season we have got N'dombele, Lo Celso, Sessegnon and Clarke.

The fact that Poch hasn't managed to make 2 or 3 of those players part of his starting 11 is on him ..

Depending on how you rate Liverpool's team (I obv don't) then we're 3rd at absolute worst.

There's a big gap between 3rd and the rest too either way

You must think Klopp is some manager then or do you have some other way of explaining their incredible league record since the start of last season and their CL win?

You must think Klopp is some manager then or do you have some other way of explaining their incredible league record since the start of last season and their CL win?

Klopp has a very specific system and way of playing. Systems tend to make average or slightly above average players look a lot better than they actually are.

Klopp had a side with a good front line and has slowly added to midfield, backline and GK positions. I'd say the side today has a solid spine still with a very good front line, but a fair amount of that side (Lovren?) on individual talent wouldn't get in another top 6 side ..

I think that people are scared by their bum rush style and they get a lot of decisions go their way.

Where would they have been last season if Ham Salad had been booked for diving instead of given a penalty each time?

City finished ahead of them where they belong, Victimpool got lucky and we massively underperformed last season.

I think that people are scared by their bum rush style and they get a lot of decisions go their way.

Where would they have been last season if Ham Salad had been booked for diving instead of given a penalty each time?

City finished ahead of them where they belong, Victimpool got lucky and we massively underperformed last season.

Haha I love how staunchly you believe in your opinions, even the nonsense ones.

They've been exceptional over 15 months now. You can't put that on luck or referees. They have a very good keeper, excellent defenders, a more than solid midfield and the best strike force in the league. Klopp has also moulded them into a very resilient side who seem to get the same "luck" as Fergies Man U sides.

Last season and the one before, he bought absolutely brilliantly and strengthened them exactly where they needed strengthening (Allison, VVD, Fabinho, Robertson). I hate the clams but what they've done is seriously impressive and it's laughable to claim otherwise.

Haha I love how staunchly you believe in your opinions, even the nonsense ones.

They've been exceptional over 15 months now. You can't put that on luck or referees. They have a very good keeper, excellent defenders, a more than solid midfield and the best strike force in the league. Klopp has also moulded them into a very resilient side who seem to get the same "luck" as Fergies Man U sides.

Last season and the one before, he bought absolutely brilliantly and strengthened them exactly where they needed strengthening (Allison, VVD, Fabinho, Robertson). I hate the clams but what they've done is seriously impressive and it's laughable to claim otherwise.

Mate, careful how you nonsense certain things

- City is proven to get away with more tactical fouling with less punishment that anyone else
- Salah and Mane are consistently some of the worse divers in the PL that never get called on it (Pool's narrative is they are always the victim, never the offender and by large media/ref's buy into it). If that was Kane on Aurier, how do you think the decision goes?
- SAF was the king of getting decisions, you really think the Pedro Mendes goal decision would have gone the other way if they had scored on us? years ago, I think it was in Jol's or Harry's time someone had done an analysis of 3 or 4 seasons of our games against United and in every one, some questionable decision at a key point in the game went for them.
- It's not as simple as "cheating" but it is a measurable that more close/debatable decisions go a certain way.

But your interpretation says a lot about their PR

- They do not have the best strike force in the league (their setup makes then very effective, but no where near best). You think Salah would cost more than Kane? you think any top side would take Salah before Kane? Same for Mane vs. Son and behind those two we have Lucas, Dele, Eriksen, Lamela all capable of outscoring any depth Pool has. Aquero, Sterling, KDB plus Jesus, Sane, Mahrez and how many others .. come on ..

They are a very well setup side with a good spine and a system that works, unfortunately I have to give Klopp credit for that, but they are not a great side and they stumble often at just the right moments. They would have lost that CL final if it was against Ajax, we just out choked them ..

Nobody talks about how badly they choked against City in January last year

Mate, careful how you nonsense certain things

- City is proven to get away with more tactical fouling with less punishment that anyone else
- Ham Salad and Mane are consistently some of the worse divers in the PL that never get called on it (Pool's narrative is they are always the victim, never the offender and by large media/ref's buy into it). If that was Kane on Aurier, how do you think the decision goes?
- SAF was the king of getting decisions, you really think the Pedro Mendes goal decision would have gone the other way if they had scored on us? years ago, I think it was in Jol's or Harry's time someone had done an analysis of 3 or 4 seasons of our games against United and in every one, some questionable decision at a key point in the game went for them.
- It's not as simple as "cheating" but it is a measurable that more close/debatable decisions go a certain way.

But your interpretation says a lot about their PR

- They do not have the best strike force in the league (their setup makes then very effective, but no where near best). You think Ham Salad would cost more than Kane? you think any top side would take Ham Salad before Kane? Same for Mane vs. Son and behind those two we have Lucas, Dele, Eriksen, Lamela all capable of outscoring any depth Pool has. Aquero, Sterling, KDB plus Jesus, Sane, Mahrez and how many others .. come on ..

They are a very well setup side with a good spine and a system that works, unfortunately I have to give Klopp credit for that, but they are not a great side and they stumble often at just the right moments. They would have lost that CL final if it was against Ajax, we just out choked them ..

Nobody talks about how badly they choked against City in January last year

Salah and Mane dive but to call them worse than Kane, Alli, Rose or Vertonghen is fanciful. Kane has dived numerous times this season when he could have stayed up and shot. And the one against Wolves last year he was booked for was laughable. And if I recall rightly, Lamela did pretty much what Mane did two years ago at Anfield and got us a last minute penalty.

Fergies teams did get decisions but they also had a remarkable ability to never give in. The last minute goals weren't referee bias or luck. They were the result of sheer bloody mindedness on the part of their squad. Liverpool are starting to show a similar mentality. The amount of late goals, just when they need them, is frightening. If Son scores the second on Sunday, I still wouldn't have put any money on us to win because I think they'd have found a way.

Player for player, they may or may not be the best but as a trio they are by far the best. How many times did you hear "Son and Kane cant play together" or "Spurs are better without Kane". That's not a reflection on Harry and Son who are top players but they don't compliment each other as well as Liverpool's three do.

There has been question marks over their ability to get over the line but the CL win will probably do them the world of good in that respect. Frustrating for us because if we'd turned up at all in the final, I think we'd have beaten them.

However, I don't buy that Liverpool choked against City. They got beat 2-1 away to arguably the best side in Europe by a shot that only went in by a matter of inches. If memory serves, they were denied a goal themselves by a fraction of an inch and Kompany could have been sent off for a tackle on Salah. The word choked is horribly overused and this is one of the worst examples of it. It was very fine margins.

I can't believe I'm defending those dirty, thieving, jobless, bindipping clams.

Back