• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

yeh I think if he is going to go we need to bin him, the whole Eriksen situation seems the one thats dragging the season out already and its only 3 games in

The thing is, I really see no need for his situation to be unsettling. The smart thing to do is bin him off, and move on like he has already gone, and use the players at your disposal.

If he then ends up staying, reintegrate him.

There is no need for his situation being as critical as it seems to be. Poch bitching about the squad being unsettled misses the point, he should be taking steps to settle it.

The thing is, I really see no need for his situation to be unsettling. The smart thing to do is bin him off, and move on like he has already gone, and use the players at your disposal.

If he then ends up staying, reintegrate him.

There is no need for his situation being as critical as it seems to be. Poch bitching about the squad being unsettled misses the point, he should be taking steps to settle it.

I thought what he was saying at the weekend was that it was proving unsettling during the week. I could be wrong though, I have not paid a lot of attention to football since early Sunday evening.

I thought what he was saying at the weekend was that it was proving unsettling during the week. I could be wrong though, I have not paid a lot of attention to football since early Sunday evening.

Does it matter?

He is the manager, its his job to keep everyone on point and productive.

The idea that a player may/may not leave shouldnt lead to the sort of poor performances we are seeing.

I think its an excuse, not a reason.

The whole team was flat, and given the players on the park there is simply no excusing that, especially with a "boo hoo things are unsettled" line.

Players come and go at clubs all the time. Its the business.

Does it matter?

He is the manager, its his job to keep everyone on point and productive.

The idea that a player may/may not leave shouldnt lead to the sort of poor performances we are seeing.

I think its an excuse, not a reason.

The whole team was flat, and given the players on the park there is simply no excusing that, especially with a "boo hoo things are unsettled" line.

Players come and go at clubs all the time. Its the business.

Like I said, I've switched off a bit after the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game and it'll take me another couple of days before I engage again.

Like I said, I've switched off a bit after the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game and it'll take me another couple of days before I engage again.

I get that.

I just get annoyed with the Eriksen situation being used as an excuse, very simply there is no reason it should be such a thing.

I understand he is senior and integral to the team, but to me that just means all the more reason to learn to cope without him.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/christian-eriksen-left-limbo-contract-19008407

Christian Eriksen has been left in limbo because of his contract stand-off with Tottenham .

Tottenham have offered Eriksen a deal worth £200,000-a-week but his representatives are not even willing to get round the negotiating table.

Eriksen, 27, has made it clear he is only interested in a move to Spain but neither Real Madrid or Barcelona have come in for him.

Real Madrid could still make a move before the European transfer window shuts but have given no indication they will.

It has left both Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino and chairman Daniel Levy frustrated at the situation as they risk losing him for nothing next summer while also not being certain if he will be at the club next week.

Pochettino has insisted that Eriksen has remained highly professional but he was dropped to the bench for the home defeat to Saudi Sportswashing Machine after a poor performance at Emirates Marketing Project .

There is a feeling that Eriksen’s form could still be down to a lack of match sharpness in the summer but Pochettino also accepts the uncertainty is undermining the start to the club’s season.

Tottenham could be open to selling Eriksen for the right price - although Real Madrid are unlikely to bid £50million and Barcelona do not seem interested after signing Frenkie de Jong - but the saga is threatening to disrupt preparations for next Sunday’s north London derby.

They are adamant that Jan Vertonghen - who was on the bench again against Saudi Sportswashing Machine - will not be sold in this window despite him also running down his contract and his absence is purely a tactical decision.

But they may give the go-ahead to Serge Aurier leaving this week despite Kyle Walker-Peters suffering a hamstring problem against Saudi Sportswashing Machine on Sunday.

AC Milan and Paris Saint Germain have shown interest while Moussa Sissoko and Juan Foyth can also play at right back.

I get that.

I just get annoyed with the Eriksen situation being used as an excuse, very simply there is no reason it should be such a thing.

I understand he is senior and integral to the team, but to me that just means all the more reason to learn to cope without him.
What I dont get is if it is such a distraction, why is he on the bench and getting used when necessary? Eriksen is distracted enough or is distracting the team enough not to start, but then isnt enough of a distration that he is still being used from the bench when necessary?o_O He is a first teamer, so either play him from the start or if he is such a distraction then dont have him in the squad at all....

What I dont get is if it is such a distraction, why is he on the bench and getting used when necessary? Eriksen is distracted enough or is distracting the team enough not to start, but then isnt enough of a distration that he is still being used from the bench when necessary?o_O He is a first teamer, so either play him from the start or if he is such a distraction then dont have him in the squad at all....

All comes back to management, which is why Im bothered about Poch persisting with the idea the players are unsettled.

Its his job to deal with it, not make a deal out of it.

I refuse to listen to journalists with such a poor command of the English language.

There is also a size of the negotiating table, number of representatives issue here which I would like to identify.
If it is a large rectangular negotiating table and there are merely two representatives, it would be poor negotiating etiquette for them to gather around the table. Poor tactical deployment also. More likely that they would gather on one side of the table.

Perhaps "not even willing [note unwillingness to use 'unwilling' due to word count target] to come to the [small round or other description as appropriate] [solid wooden - for structuralists] negotiating table" is better.

Is it just me or has there been no recent news whatsoever about any interest in Eriksen this side of the window closing?

Back