• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Benteke

i might be wrong but I think wenger likes a cultured striker, giroud being the closest thing to a lump in their recent history.
benteke looks more like a man u type to me and and can see him complementing RVP, and Moyes does like the physical sort, but i guess his first priority would be the other belgian monster from everton who won't come cheap.
chelsea already have lukaku and man C is into exotic types

i might be wrong but I think wenger likes a cultured striker, giroud being the closest thing to a lump in their recent history.
benteke looks more like a man u type to me and and can see him complementing RVP, and Moyes does like the physical sort, but i guess his first priority would be the other belgian monster from everton who won't come cheap.
chelsea already have lukaku and man C is into exotic types

Wenger confirmed earlier in the season that they had been watching Benteke for a couple of seasons before he joined Villa

Wenger confirmed earlier in the season that they had been watching Benteke for a couple of seasons before he joined Villa

They watch most players I think. They have a very large scouting network I believe, a young player proving himself in the seemingly talent filled Belgian league will be unknown to us (or me at least) the vast majority of the time. He won't be an unknown to clubs with extensive scouting networks.

There's a massive difference between watching a player and actually bidding for him, the "we were watching him" when a player does well is a very easy throwaway line from a manager or a club when a player succeeds at another club just to make themselves look slightly better.

No way to know if he has now done enough to make Wenger go for him in the summer, if not I wonder if he will be so much of an Arsenal fan that if we come knocking he turns us down to wait around or go elsewhere. I'm not sure that he is based just on the comments in the media.

i wouldnt be surprised if we were watching him as well

They watch most players I think. They have a very large scouting network I believe, a young player proving himself in the seemingly talent filled Belgian league will be unknown to us (or me at least) the vast majority of the time. He won't be an unknown to clubs with extensive scouting networks.

There's a massive difference between watching a player and actually bidding for him, the "we were watching him" when a player does well is a very easy throwaway line from a manager or a club when a player succeeds at another club just to make themselves look slightly better.

No way to know if he has now done enough to make Wenger go for him in the summer, if not I wonder if he will be so much of an Arsenal fan that if we come knocking he turns us down to wait around or go elsewhere. I'm not sure that he is based just on the comments in the media.

I think that Wenger said that they were interested in him but they thought he was still a little raw and they were surprised that he moved to the Premier League so early in his career and had been as successful as he had been. I'll try and dig out the quote later.

Aston Villa have started talks over a new deal for Belgium striker Christian Benteke, 22, who has scored 23 goals since joining from Genk last summer.

"If Aston Villa says I must stay, I won’t necessarily accept that. I do not in any way want to feel I didn’t get the most out of my career," he said.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1457596/benteke-hints-aston-villa-exit?cc=5739

After one fudging season? Villa took a gamble on him, and he feels staying there for more than a season would be permanently damaging his career.

fudge it, don't want him here. Imagine if, one season after joining, he blurts out to Sky Sports that he feels that we're too small-time to advance his career and that he wants to join Chelsea. Don't need that.

Wow. I can't believe he said that! It's like the polar opposite of Bale's attitude.

We're so lucky to have not only a WC player but such a nice level headed individual as well.

Plenty of players agitate for moves and they aren't the most intelligent of creatures anyway. His comments don't change my view of whether I want him at Spurs at all. Its does seem though that he'll be moving given those comments

Question is who will go for him. Cant see Utd needing him, Man C will aim higher, cheatski don't need him and wouldn't probably aim higher anyway,...question is whether arse want him. He's better than what they have however they have a reasonable no of forwards

If he goes to a prem team it'll be arsenal. Wenger being the best manger in the PL now, what he said about them & hed get game time. think he'd be great for us though.

Still want him, despite those comments. The thing we have in our favour with regards to that is Levy. Even if a player kicks up a fuss he will force them through one more season. I like the marker he put down with Modric. He isn't going to take any brick from players...Modric and his management sunk to murky depths in order to get his move to Chelsea and Levy did not buckle.

Back