• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Benteke

Plenty of players agitate for moves and they aren't the most intelligent of creatures anyway. His comments don't change my view of whether I want him at Spurs at all. Its does seem though that he'll be moving given those comments

Question is who will go for him. Cant see Utd needing him, Man C will aim higher, cheatski don't need him and wouldn't probably aim higher anyway,...question is whether arse want him. He's better than what they have however they have a reasonable no of forwards

They have Giroud, who has already shown his ability this season. Being the main man at Aston Villa is different to doing it at a club like Arsenal....

Villa boss Paul Lambert insists Christian Benteke needs a 'reality check'

...which will trigger another public comment from Benteke and then another from Lambert....we've seen it so many times. Its just a question of who they sell him to rather than whether he stays or not

...which will trigger another public comment from Benteke and then another from Lambert....we've seen it so many times. Its just a question of who they sell him to rather than whether he stays or not

He's already said he wants to join the scum.

maybe..........

journalist "there is speculation that Arse are interested in signing you"

Benteke " If the chance comes up for me to join a club like Arsenal, I am convinced that we can reach a compromise where everybody comes out a winner."

swap Arse for Emirates Marketing Project, Man Utd, Chelsea or Tottenham and im sure Benteke would have mentioned them in his reply

maybe..........

journalist "there is speculation that Arse are interested in signing you"

Benteke " If the chance comes up for me to join a club like Arsenal, I am convinced that we can reach a compromise where everybody comes out a winner."

swap Arse for Emirates Marketing Project, Man Utd, Chelsea or Tottenham and im sure Benteke would have mentioned them in his reply

The question of arse are interested in signing you didnt come up....

"If Aston Villa say I must stay, I won't necessarily accept that," he was quoted as saying in The Sun.

"I do not in any way want to feel I didn't get the most out of my career. I try to get everything.

"Of course playing the World Cup in Rio is in my head. But I have no fear of falling out of the team. There is no point in me getting into a tug-of-war with Villa.

"If the chance comes up for me to join a club like Arsenal, I'm convinced we can reach a compromise where everyone comes out a winner."

The question of arse are interested in signing you didnt come up....

"If Aston Villa say I must stay, I won't necessarily accept that," he was quoted as saying in The Sun.

"I do not in any way want to feel I didn't get the most out of my career. I try to get everything.

"Of course playing the World Cup in Rio is in my head. But I have no fear of falling out of the team. There is no point in me getting into a tug-of-war with Villa.

"If the chance comes up for me to join a club like Arsenal, I'm convinced we can reach a compromise where everyone comes out a winner."

did you see an interview live?? come on, you know how journalists put together their articles. What we read in the papers is never word for word the whole conversation.

judging by Benteke's response, im sure the journo prompted him by asking a question with Arse in there.

did you see an interview live?? come on, you know how journalists put together their articles. What we read in the papers is never word for word the whole conversation.

judging by Benteke's response, im sure the journo prompted him by asking a question with Arse in there.

True, fair point.

Only relevant if they want him as well. Wenger has never been someone who's keen to splash out £15m - £20m on players and since they were rumoured to be interested in Benteke, they've signed Giroud who's done ok. Granted if Arse go him then it appears as though he'd want to go there but if they don't think I cant see any richer club in England who would go for him

Went to USA/Belgium match yesterday he was unplayable. I fear he may be beyond us already. If we could get him for anything under 20m I would do that yesterday

Went to USA/Belgium match yesterday he was unplayable. I fear he may be beyond us already. If we could get him for anything under 20m I would do that yesterday

we didn't exactly play world class defense by any means but he was really good. If we could get him for closer to 15m i'd think its a goer but anything more than that is just not the Spurs way of doing things really. I'm flying to DC tomorrow to watch us play Germany. Hope we at least keep it close

we didn't exactly play world class defense by any means but he was really good. If we could get him for closer to 15m i'd think its a goer but anything more than that is just not the Spurs way of doing things really. I'm flying to DC tomorrow to watch us play Germany. Hope we at least keep it close

Being that he is so young Levy may spend more than usual, have fun in DC although I wouldn't expect anything from our team we are terrible at the moment. Also you should meet up with DC Spurs they have a huge supporters group there and really friendly

Some Internet bollox doing the rounds that we want to swap defo and some cash for Benteke

Would be a good deal for us, but would be a bad deal for both Villa and Defoe. We'd get a young, mobile forward with a lot of potential, but Villa would get an aging striker who's lost a lot of pace over the last few months, and Defoe would have to uproot himself from London, where he's always been comfortable, and move to Birmingham, where he's never lived.

But, having said that, I'd prefer Defoe over Benteke anyway. For all his faults, the man's spent the majority of his career here, and would probably spend the rest of it here if allowed to do so. In my eyes, that ranks him above someone who might only stay a year before fudging off to Madrid or Chelsea or someone similar to further his career, and damn the consequences.

Some Internet bollox doing the rounds that we want to swap defo and some cash for Benteke

What is the point of trading a striker in when the whole point of buying Benteke is to get more strikers? All this does is mean we need to buy another striker, preferably a similar poacher to Defoe (IMO Hernandez) as we don't want too many big, hold-up players.

What is the point of trading a striker in when the whole point of buying Benteke is to get more strikers? All this does is mean we need to buy another striker, preferably a similar poacher to Defoe (IMO Hernandez) as we don't want too many big, hold-up players.

I thought the whole point of getting 'Benteke' is to get better strikers, not get more strikers.

Back