• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Chel$ki Rumour

As well as that Torres is completely void of confidence.

Redknapp would have him buzzing within a few weeks, AVB just doesnt know how to handle him IMO.

I agree.

Torres looks at the very least close to full physical fitness again. I think AVB can be part of the problem, but the Chelsea dressing room has been rumoured to be divided for a long time, also he went to Chelsea expecting to challenge for titles, 5 months after signing his manager is fired, new manager in and some of the dressing room apparently doesn't respect him. To add to that he's not been performing individually. I think a change of clubs could be great for him.

As wonderful as it is to see this horrible football club having a bad time, I have to say I feel pain watching Torres play these days. It's like seeing a beautiful sea bird on the beach after it's been caught up in an oil spill, staggering around, half recognisable as its former self but totally bewildered and lost. I can't ever remember seeing a player so totally lose his game.

And this pre-dated his move to Chelsea too - he was just as bad in his final months at Liverpool as he is now. I still can't help feeling the old Torres is in there somewhere, but his confidence has been so shredded at this stage it's hard to know whether he'll ever really get it back. I wouldn't rule it out though, and it's very possible some club will get him at a "cut price" (like, ?ú30m!) and he'll suddenly rediscover the dashing confidence and freedom of old...but it's hard to see it now.

As wonderful as it is to see this horrible football club having a bad time, I have to say I feel pain watching Torres play these days. It's like seeing a beautiful sea bird on the beach after it's been caught up in an oil spill, staggering around, half recognisable as its former self but totally bewildered and lost. I can't ever remember seeing a player so totally lose his game.

And this pre-dated his move to Chelsea too - he was just as bad in his final months at Liverpool as he is now. I still can't help feeling the old Torres is in there somewhere, but his confidence has been so shredded at this stage it's hard to know whether he'll ever really get it back. I wouldn't rule it out though, and it's very possible some club will get him at a "cut price" (like, ?ú30m!) and he'll suddenly rediscover the dashing confidence and freedom of old...but it's hard to see it now.

I have to agree. Any club buying Torres really is taking a huge gamble. It could pay off or be a waste of money.

I agree.

Torres looks at the very least close to full physical fitness again. I think AVB can be part of the problem, but the Chelsea dressing room has been rumoured to be divided for a long time, also he went to Chelsea expecting to challenge for titles, 5 months after signing his manager is fired, new manager in and some of the dressing room apparently doesn't respect him. To add to that he's not been performing individually. I think a change of clubs could be great for him.

Very true, he doesnt look part of the team at all does he? Face doesnt fit...

At Liverpool I dont believe he was fit, at all, and was being thrown into a side low on confidence lead by a manager none wanted. As Braineclipse points out - its taken time but he actually looks fully fit only now.

Torres in our side would be orgasmic. Redknapp would have him enjoying the game and playing with freedom, and with the likes of Bale/VDV/Modric... pulling the strings for him he would score for fun

Torres at spurs would be fine if he scored in every game, but as soon as he went 5 games barren the crowd would murmur and he would go back in his shell

Rumour coming out from Spanish Newspaper Marca is that Chelsea have been in talks with Bielsa.
Also that having a look at Emery.
http://www.marca.com/2012/02/20/fut...69d22d9e4ea1fcdd209d4cb5aa61083f&t=1329756209

Having looked at this guy's CV, I'd say that's gonad*s:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcelo_Bielsa

International manager from 1998 to 2011 so not entirely used to modern club management. Before that, 2 or 3 years here and there in Argentine and Mexican club football with some success, but since 2011 he's only had a 50% win rate at Bilbao over 36 games.

Don't really see what Abo would see there to make his heart leap.

International manager from 1998 to 2011 so not entirely used to modern club management. Before that, 2 or 3 years here and there in Argentine and Mexican club football with some success, but since 2011 he's only had a 50% win rate at Bilbao over 36 games.

He's a bit different, but I like what I've seen from Bielsa's teams, very attacking, brave and seems to get a lot out of players. Would be interesting to see how he could do with a good team in England.

Although I agree, he's not a typical Abramovich choice.

Makes his teams play absolutely magnificent attacking football. Anyone who watched his Chile side, or is watching his Bilbao side, would confirm that. He's also revered by Pep Guardiola, who looks upon him as his mentor and the man who taught him about building a team. His players also seem to respect him in the main, and he's an absolute maniac for detail (I do remember that he once took about 2000 hours of football videos with him to a tournament, and spent fifteen hours a day analysing every minute, often rewinding twice or thrice). However, he is renowned as being a bit of a disciplinarian and is rather impatient and dismissive of players who don't conform to his idea of his team. Can't see EBJT, Lamps, Drogba, Cole, Cech and the likes taking too kindly to his man-management philosophies.

Seriously - WHAT THE FCUK do they expect over there - a manager to walk in and win every single trophy available within 15 games?

Ancelotti won them the first double in their entire existence for over a decade and was sacked less than 12 months later!

Even if AVB is booted - whoever comes in next would do EXACTLY the same and start rebuilding his squad - something which the former is now busy doing. If RA wants continuity and success for his project - give him a chance, assist in rebuilding the squad, show some belief, kick out moaning old clogger have-beens who want to undermine him, etc. He's probably their first manager since the lotto win who's picked up the back-end of terribly aging players with massive egos but still showing intent for a long-term vision.

Last edited:
Biesla yehhhh right looooooool. He plays attacking football I'll give him that but everywhere he goes he employs the 3-3-1-3 formation which would be a disaster in this league IMO. I hope they do go for him.

Biesla yehhhh right looooooool. He plays attacking football I'll give him that but everywhere he goes he employs the 3-3-1-3 formation which would be a disaster in this league IMO. I hope they do go for him.

------------------ Friedel ---------------------
---- Kaboul ------- King ---------Dawson ------
-- Walker --------- Parker ------------ BAE ----
------------------ Modric ---------------------
--- VDV --------- Adebayor ---------Bale ------

Wouldn't say it would work but can't immediately think why it wouldn't against some teams.

Now it's supposedly Benitez who's Roman's first choice to replace AVB. According to the dippers he's a genius, just needs a club that's willing to spend, a lot.

someone needs to show Lampard and Terry the door. They rule the roost over there and most managers dont have a chance with these two dictating behind the scenes

I feel sorry for AVB having to deal with these cnuts, however i havent been impressed either with some of his tactics, team selections, irrational rants to the media

a real mess.

How would that work, for example, with Spurs current players? is the second bank of 3 spread the width of the pitch? Wasn't there something called the penguin formation back in the 60's that set up very narrow (so called the penguin as it had no wings!).

I'd be happy to try out AVB if he and Harry go (though I assume he'd have something in his clause to prevent him moving to another club for a year). His media and man management has been poor, but I think he would do so much better with players with smaller egos and fewer trophies to brag about, players who genuinely feel that they have something to learn; I've been impressed with Chelsea's younger buys over the summer, outside Lukaku (who might come good) and I think some early struggles in England will have been good for him.

There are too many "big men" at Chelsea who have played under Mourinho and have won more than AVB and would hardly be inclined to listen to a pipsqueak (yes, he certainly doesn't help himself in this regard - trying to pull off Mourinho without any of Mourinho's charisma). Our squad doesn't really have an old guard (they tend to be fringe players, or more quiet and down-to-earth like Ledley, Friedal, Parker).

I wouldn't mind Bielsa, Klopp, or Favre either. It's more exciting than getting a Moyes at least. Benitez scares me because he constantly throws out all the players to buy another 30 for his own "system"; I'd rather someone more open-minded and resourceful.

It coincided with him cutting his hair didn't it? A true case of Samson if ever I saw one!

I'd be happy to try out AVB if he and Harry go (though I assume he'd have something in his clause to prevent him moving to another club for a year). His media and man management has been poor, but I think he would do so much better with players with smaller egos and fewer trophies to brag about, players who genuinely feel that they have something to learn; I've been impressed with Chelsea's younger buys over the summer, outside Lukaku (who might come good) and I think some early struggles in England will have been good for him.

There are too many "big men" at Chelsea who have played under Mourinho and have won more than AVB and would hardly be inclined to listen to a pipsqueak (yes, he certainly doesn't help himself in this regard - trying to pull off Mourinho without any of Mourinho's charisma). Our squad doesn't really have an old guard (they tend to be fringe players, or more quiet and down-to-earth like Ledley, Friedal, Parker).

I wouldn't mind Bielsa, Klopp, or Favre either. It's more exciting than getting a Moyes at least. Benitez scares me because he constantly throws out all the players to buy another 30 for his own "system"; I'd rather someone more open-minded and resourceful.

i see you favour the latest hot things from abroad

Very risky imv.

Back