• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Chel$ki Rumour

I must say, I think AVB, with his convoluted way of talking does really annoy me at times, and it's so bloody great to see Chelsea, with all the money they have spent, struggling to hang on to our coat tails this season. It's a great triumph of brains and cleverness and building a club sustainably and for the long term in mind that we have achieved what we have done so far this season. We can't go out and spend 75M on players when it looks like there might be a spot of trouble, but we don't need to. We signed a core of players a few years ago and have watched them develop into a team playing fantastic football, and with a great spirit.

With that said, I also quite like how AVB has come out today and pretty much said he doesn't care what his players think of him. I find it hilarious, because it's about time someone stood up to those over-rated tits who have far too high an opinion of themselves. I don't want them, or him, to succeed, but it would be nice if they finished 5th, and he kept his job and had the opportunity to move out all of the 'old guard'. With FFP regulations, I don't think they'll ever dominate the league again, but they may be up there competing with the rest of us and that's ok, that's probably to be expected. I find it hilarious, because players like Terry and Lampard seem to think it is 2006. Who the hell do they think they are? Who do they think they are telling a manager that has won a Treble in his first full season in management that he doesn't know his tactics? Who do they think they are pining for Hiddink to come in and let Jose take over at the end of the season? They think those two guys will wave a magic wand and make everything better again? It worked before because Hiddink and Jose had the players to win things. This squad is ageing, and simply isn't as good as they think it is. We have improved ahead of them. United are still better, City have moved onto a different level to them. A new manager isn't going to come in and make their squad perform drastically better than it is, and I find it so funny that Terry et al simply don't realise it. They aren't that good any more.

So good on AVB. Stick it to his players, continue not giving a toss what they think. He shouldn't really have to give a toss, because he should be there long after they have gone.

As for who would take over for us if Jose joined and then left in a couple of years? I think by then maybe Paul Lambert would be ready. I think he's ready now, but a couple more years in order for him to truly make a name for himself so that the players will truly accept him may be the best thing. I think the job he is doing is absolutely incredible. He has taken a League 1 squad to the top half of the Premier League. And he does it by adjusting his tactics game to game. He has a plan for absolutely everything. He isn't stubborn, and he quickly realises if something isn't working. He will tailor a plan to a specific game and if that isn't working, even in-game he will change it up. So many times this season he has done this to win them points, and this has meant players are getting results well above the level they should be expected to get. I don't consider it to be small time - maybe some people might think that playing to the weaknesses of others rather than concentrating on our own strengths is small time, but really I just think it's clever. A lot of top coaches try and impart their philosophy on the team and hope for the best even if they aren't really of the quality to play it to maximum effect. AVB's high line philosophy, or Wenger's idealism, or even Jol trying to play the same kind of game with Zokora playing Carrick's role even though they were totally unsuited. There may be some games where a high line pressure approach is best, or some games where a quick short passing game is best, or some games where a slow possession game is best. I feel Lambert would recognise what is needed for each game and do it. Maybe if AVB or Wenger were doing that, they might have more of an advantage than they have now and get the absolute maximum out of their squad.

Cech and Drogba too. They were all mentioned in the Chelsea players still texting Mourinho story.
Considering Chelsea are being strongly linked with Akinfeev to replace Cech today I seriously doubt Mourinho is being lined up to return.
Why would they get rid of his Keeper?

As for Hiddink. He's supposed to in Russia talking to Anzhi Makhachkala with a view to managing them for the next 6 months.

Hiddink has just signed a 6 year deal with Anzhi
http://fourfourtwo.com/news/restofeurope/95636/default.aspx

Others have reported it as 18 months. Anyway, he'll be earning €10 million AFTER tax. That's €200K a week, AFTER tax.

Andre Villas-Boas reacts angrily to suggestions that Didier Drogba gave a half-time team talk against Birmingham.

Both the Scums are in total disarray.

T'is a great time to be a Spurs fan.

I had a dream last night that they got caught up in a tax scandal and got relegated down the leagues. I know it was only a dream but i would love for it to happen just so i could see who of their fans would still support them. I know a liverpool fan known him my whole life and he said for the last 2 years he does not bother watching football anymore.

I would have carried on supporting us if we had gone down, in a way i was hoping we would because we would have given our youth a chance, would have played different opposition and like Saudi Sportswashing Machine have shown, its not for ever if your well run(coaching side not talking about ashley who is a prick)

It's different with Liverpool, the media are just so biased and out to get them all the time.

Honestly, if Jose was here for two or three years, I could easily see a CL place for us each of those years plus a FA and or Carling Cup in that time.

Which would put as CL regulars, far more income, trophies in the cabinet and a 56k stadium built, much stronger position than today.

Add the additional exposure, its almost a can't lose proposition for me.
Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

back to football, anyone feels that Torres is often isolated from general play, getting support from few except for Mata and Luiz?

sure there was that high profile miss, but i can't help but feel that he'd be easily scoring goals in the current spurs team, as he does get himself into good positions (but the chelsea players don't pass to him!).

back to football, anyone feels that Torres is often isolated from general play, getting support from few except for Mata and Luiz?

sure there was that high profile miss, but i can't help but feel that he'd be easily scoring goals in the current spurs team, as he does get himself into good positions (but the chelsea players don't pass to him!).
I think that at Liverpool the team
was set up for him to score goals, with him behind Stevie G in his prime. The system at Chelsea is very different, and really to be a decent striker you need to be a big fudger and hold the ball up (Drogba has been brilliant, Anelka only really effective as as an impact sub and now sold).

True. Confidence is SO important on football. To take a man on. To know when to shoot and when to take a touch.

You know when your mrs or some friends see you playing and you think "ok don't **** this up keep it simple, control the ball" you just start thinking rather than doing what is natural

This redknapps secret to his success. Tell them they are the best, and they start to play like it

True. Confidence is SO important on football. To take a man on. To know when to shoot and when to take a touch.

You know when your mrs or some friends see you playing and you think "ok don't **** this up keep it simple, control the ball" you just start thinking rather than doing what is natural

This redknapps secret to his success. Tell them they are the best, and they start to play like it

I think 20m would do it. Whether Chelscum do business or not I dont know (doubt it after the modric situation) but I think he and Hazard would be good signings. Its as if Harry is the best psychologist there is. A player in confidence? Go see and play for Harry

What Chelsea need is Kenny Daglish as we have seen how great his is at rebuilding ageing teams Lol Seriously Chelsea's squad i getting very old so a rebuilding processes is needed this could take up to three years. Which would mean by then we would be out of sight. Just think our rebuilding process only took between 1986- 2009!!!

Back