• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"Champions of 3rd place, we know what we are"

Let’s change the title of this thread to the race for 2nd.

I swear, every season this thread significantly under rates our ability over the course of a full season. Admittedly, during the time of the Leceister away defeat I was reconciling myself that Europa League qualification wouldn’t be the worst thing given the Wembley disadvantage, but every year we roar at this time. We should always take that into account.

Let’s change the title of this thread to the race for 2nd.

I swear, every season this thread significantly under rates our ability over the course of a full season. Admittedly, during the time of the Leceister away defeat I was reconciling myself that Europa League qualification wouldn’t be the worst thing given the Wembley disadvantage, but every year we roar at this time. We should always take that into account.
Think we should change it to 'Four Horse Race'.:)

I'm expecting Liverpool to lose focus for their trip to Goodison this weekend after last nights result and can see us being level on points with them and only 1 point behind Utd once Emirates Marketing Project become Champions on Saturday Evening.

Man Utd Pl 32 Pts 68
Liverpool Pl 33 Pts 67
Tottenham Pl 32 Pts 67

2nd is up for grabs and I really fancy our chances.

Our game against City really couldn’t have come at a better time. They will now be going hell for leather on Saturday to win the league against Utd and will have to play like maniacs to beat Liverpool in the return leg on Tuesday, just a few days before coming down to Wembley to face us who will have had a weeks rest.

Dunno i expect City to be focussed on the return leg and potentially take their eyes off the United game so they could be looking to secure the title at Wembley

Dunno i expect City to be focussed on the return leg and potentially take their eyes off the United game so they could be looking to secure the title at Wembley

The would be nuts to focus on our game after the battering of last night
They have to get back to winning ways quickly and that’s the United game that matters

By the time they play us they could be mentally exhausted

Their fans will demand a reaction after the battering they took last night. It's the perfect game for them to play after such an embarrassing loss and their fans will be up for it. Similar to when we lost to Portsmouth in the FA Cup semi final then beat Arsenal at home just a few days later. The one difference being that Pompey were a tinkle-poor side and Liverpool are one of the best teams in the league.

Expect Liverpool to spank Everton, progress against City but the game after they could well struggle. The crash from the high of those three games could be an issue.

Pep is going to have to go balls out for the CL next season, that's the trophy he was brought in to win. Knocked out by Liverpool is acceptable, just, the manner isn't.

Expect Liverpool to spank Everton, progress against City but the game after they could well struggle. The crash from the high of those three games could be an issue.

Pep is going to have to go balls out for the CL next season, that's the trophy he was brought in to win. Knocked out by Liverpool is acceptable, just, the manner isn't.
They're not out yet.

The would be nuts to focus on our game after the battering of last night
They have to get back to winning ways quickly and that’s the United game that matters

By the time they play us they could be mentally exhausted
I think we should be careful about making statements such as "they will be mentally exhausted." They do not seem like a mentally fragile team that they would need a win against Yanited to get their psychology up. They know the league is all but wrapped up (all they need to do is win 2 more games -- one more game if it's Yanited) and their priority is definitely the CL. So a loss against Yanited wouldn't really make that much of a difference to them.

Back