• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"Champions of 3rd place, we know what we are"

I think we should be careful about making statements such as "they will be mentally exhausted." They do not seem like a mentally fragile team that they would need a win against Yanited to get their psychology up. They know the league is all but wrapped up (all they need to do is win 2 more games -- one more game if it's Yanited) and their priority is definitely the CL. So a loss against Yanited wouldn't really make that much of a difference to them.

1 more game to win the league
At home vs your rivals
After you have been battered

It’s doesnt get any bigger

Then they have to try o over turn that battering before playing the team currently with the best form in the league away...

That’s hard to keep up the level needed for any side and last night they looked broke

The would be nuts to focus on our game after the battering of last night
They have to get back to winning ways quickly and that’s the United game that matters

By the time they play us they could be mentally exhausted

Think they'll be more concerned with turning the tie around personally, which they are more than capable of doing if they approach the game right

Logically the United game is a game they don't need to win. They could put out a second XI and still win the league. It's possible they already have enough points.

But they can't do that for the Manchester derby. Their fans would be angry and I doubt the players would appreciate it. This is the game where a win will provide a big lift and put them in a better frame of mind for the return leg against Liverpool. A loss to United would be demoralising even for players of the calibre of City's.

Logically the United game is a game they don't need to win. They could put out a second XI and still win the league. It's possible they already have enough points.

But they can't do that for the Manchester derby. Their fans would be angry and I doubt the players would appreciate it. This is the game where a win will provide a big lift and put them in a better frame of mind for the return leg against Liverpool. A loss to United would be demoralising even for players of the calibre of City's.

It’s absolutely massive and I know plenty of city and united fans who deem this to be their biggest game

To win the title vs your rivals is unique and the arse will have that against us for some time

No, league will be won anyway if not the weekend another week - they have one chance to get through the next round of the CL and it will take everything they've got.

Or maybe you're right and they had one eye on the United game last night perhaps?

Don’t think they had one eye on United

But I also don’t think they expected To get battered and it hurts

They don’t beat united and that’s two bad results

Don’t recover vs Pool and it’s eveb worse and then to go to Wembley again the side currently in the best form in the league.... very very risky IMO

Don’t think they had one eye on United

But I also don’t think they expected To get battered and it hurts

They don’t beat united and that’s two bad results

Don’t recover vs Pool and it’s eveb worse and then to go to Wembley again the side currently in the best form in the league.... very very risky IMO
Negative spiral.

It’s absolutely massive and I know plenty of city and united fans who deem this to be their biggest game

To win the title vs your rivals is unique and the arse will have that against us for some time

My thoughts as well, having lived in Manchester for several years i can say the rivalry between the two clubs ( both players and fans) is massive, anyone who thinks that City will not go all out to win the title against Utd is having a laugh.

My thoughts as well, having lived in Manchester for several years i can say the rivalry between the two clubs ( both players and fans) is massive, anyone who thinks that City will not go all out to win the title against Utd is having a laugh.

Depends how pragmatic Pep really is, and how much he can not bow to pressure. The united game means a lot to fans, it means absolutely fudge all to City's season. Even lose and City has 13 point gap with 6 games, City would only need two wins and United could run the board and sill not catch them.

City at home, fresh (possibly with Aquero back, pool might not have Salad) could easily beat Pool by 3 or 4 goals.

This is why managers get paid ...

No, league will be won anyway if not the weekend another week - they have one chance to get through the next round of the CL and it will take everything they've got.

Or maybe you're right and they had one eye on the United game last night perhaps?
I’m sure like most top teams they take each game as it comes, they had a bad result against another top team - it happens even for City. There is absolutely no chance they won’t be going full throttle against Man Utd....

They need to smash Utd so as they stand a chance against the scousers. FWIW I don’t think scousers will lose now...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

If City can score at home in the first 20-30 mins, I'm not sure I agree.

Pep will start Sterling and probably rush Aguero back for it. Usually means they score at least 3 most games at home. 5 last time they played Liverpoo.

DZxXZ9uW4AE5fjZ.jpg

Think they'll be more concerned with turning the tie around personally, which they are more than capable of doing if they approach the game right

I know what you mean, lose to Utd and they will just win it in the next couple of games anyway - but I dont think, given its Utd, they can afford that attitude.

Winning the title, at Old Trafford, against Mourinho - could Guardiola or the City board (especially considering how petty they have been "Welcome to Manchester") pass that up?

It even comes down to an ethical battle, Guardiolas attacking intent against Mourinhos must-not-lose-at-all-costs mentality.

Honestly, regardless of the Liverpool game, I dont think they can afford to hold back against Utd.

And then, of course, they cant hold back against Liverpool either - which plays right into our hands.

RE Liverpool, I wouldnt put it past them coming back - we all know Pool can ship goals and City can score them. Should be a good game for the neutral.

I know what you mean, lose to Utd and they will just win it in the next couple of games anyway - but I dont think, given its Utd, they can afford that attitude.

Winning the title, at Old Trafford, against Mourinho - could Guardiola or the City board (especially considering how petty they have been "Welcome to Manchester") pass that up?

It even comes down to an ethical battle, Guardiolas attacking intent against Mourinhos must-not-lose-at-all-costs mentality.

Honestly, regardless of the Liverpool game, I dont think they can afford to hold back against Utd.

And then, of course, they cant hold back against Liverpool either - which plays right into our hands.

RE Liverpool, I wouldnt put it past them coming back - we all know Pool can ship goals and City can score them. Should be a good game for the neutral.
Isn’t it at the brickihad?

Put it this way i think if they had got a better result v Liverpool they'd be better prepared/focussed for the United game - whether intentional or not they're going to be giving the second leg more thought because of the result in the first, can't just flick a switch and forget about it.

Edit : i thought it was at OT too, City will win that even if they have both eyes on the 2nd leg then tbf

Last edited:
Put it this way i think if they had got a better result v Liverpool they'd be better prepared/focussed for the United game - whether intentional or not they're going to be giving the second leg more thought because of the result in the first, can't just flick a switch and forget about it.
Likewise for the chance to win the title in a Manchester Derby.

Back