• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"Champions of 3rd place, we know what we are"

That was always his way, going nowhere then suddenly - killer through ball - and its a totally different situation.

I was disappointed Poch kept him on the left so long against Swansea. And Son on the right. Both are much more effective the opposite way around.

That said, Ive always thought Lamela was most effective centrally. Though of course that steps on Eriksen and Alli's toes...

That was always his way, going nowhere then suddenly - killer through ball - and its a totally different situation.

I was disappointed Poch kept him on the left so long against Swansea. And Son on the right. Both are much more effective the opposite way around.

That said, Ive always thought Lamela was most effective centrally. Though of course that steps on Eriksen and Alli's toes...

He comes for the ball nicely, then just angles it 'back' to the same, the majority of the time or occasionally another player!
Yes he is coming back from a big injury so he gets a pass ATM.
He must do more and take the ball forward - it is a pet hate of mine when good player can't turn while controlling to ball. (of cause I'm wonderful at doing this 'in my dreams';)) Ericksen is a master at it, not every time that's not possible but sometimes will suffice for me. "Stepping on on toes" is spot on.

I think prior to his injury Lamela was doing that a lot more.

I feel like he is someone it takes a long time to really play himself into top performances, and in his time with us - whenever he starts putting in killer displays he gets injured. And then it takes ages for him to rediscover that level of play.

Its actually a lost skill @StephenH (taking the ball and moving in one motion)

Dele tries it a lot and gets flattened, kane can do it but generally most players can't

Look at other sides too mate and most can't do it!!!

Its why my midfield would be Winks and Wanyama
Dembele and Deir are looking ponderous in transition.
Tonight will be a big test for the midfields speed in transition so we can unsettle the Spam defence before they get set.

I think West Ham, for much of the game, will take a Burnley like stance and just sit very deep trying to by pass our midfield and hit us on the break.

All while trying to kick us off the park to disrupt our own game.

So I dont think transition will be the thing really. Itll be that thing we struggle with - breaking down packed defensive lines who dont much fancy leaving their box...

I think West Ham, for much of the game, will take a Burnley like stance and just sit very deep trying to by pass our midfield and hit us on the break.

So I dont think transition will be the thing really. Itll be that thing we struggle with - breaking down packed defensive lines who dont much fancy leaving their box...
Hammers games are always a pain because we're always their effing cup final. They don't need any motivating, just the thought of getting one over on us is enough to raise their game way above their usual level. They'll be after us from the word go like demented dingoes that haven't been fed for days.

The blustery wind will also be a potential leveller so what with their long high balls up to Carroll all night long it ain't gonna be pretty.

So three points, whichever which way they come, will be absolute bliss.

COYS!

And that is what happened. Although to have been given bonus points, you would have needed to have talked about an incompetent referee.

We really needed to win tonight to keep pace with 2nd - 4th. Not out of it by any means but we need someone to do us a favour and beat Liverpool or at least take some points off them because let's face it we are getting no more than a point when we go to Anfield in a few weeks, will probably get beat and not score and generally play crap as we usually do in away games against the top 6.

I think United are gettable though. Can see us beating them at Wembley when we play them.

Frustrating to drop points to another bottom 6 side who came to park the bus (caravan) tonight... hopefully we fare better away in the away fixtures, where their fans might expect them to attack occasionally...

3B584B72-A9B8-4A26-94D6-4D7136299B55.jpeg

Call me crazy but I think there's a good chance we'll finish second again this season.. Hat trick as runners up. But I really do think we're in with a shot. Wembley appears to be no issue any longer.

Obviously games against UTD, Chelsea, Liverpool and the Goons will be pivotal.. But rest assured; we'll finish the season strongly.

I'd love to get the thoughts of the 'doom mongers' circling around a few weeks ago when it happens...

Call me crazy but I think there's a good chance we'll finish second again this season.. Hat trick as runners up. But I really do think we're in with a shot. Wembley appears to be no issue any longer.

Obviously games against UTD, Chelsea, Liverpool and the Goons will be pivotal.. But rest assured; we'll finish the season strongly.

I'd love to get the thoughts of the 'doom mongers' circling around a few weeks ago when it happens...

Erm we came third two seasons ago remember.

I think I’m just fickle. I’m a big knee jerker. I think it’s part of my genetics. Whether good, or bad, my mind escalates to the extreme.

When we couldn’t beat West Ham, it was all doom, but most of it is apportioned to knowing we are good enough to be second, and I get frustrated when we play poorly as I know that we are capable of so much more.

Back