• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"Champions of 3rd place, we know what we are"

Does it? Exactly what one of the current top 4 are we expected to finish above? We might do it, but I don’t see how it looks positive for us right now...

I still make us the second best side in the league and if we play to our potential for the remainder of the season i see no reason why we shouldnt be aiming to finish second - we dropped a lot of silly points at 'home' early doors and have only just started to play well as a team recently and yet we're only 3 points behind each of United Chelsea and Liverpool who you seem to be implying we can't expect to finish in front of - that doesn't stack up imo

our silly dropped points against west brom(2), swansea(2), burnley(2), west ham(2) and chelsea(1), means we have lost our room for error. We need a near perfect run of matches till the end of season. Beating Chelsea and Liverpool away seems unlikely. And repeating last year with beating Arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project and Man United at home will be hard. Not to mention all the other teams.

4th spot likely needs 80 points. For Tottenham that is 9 lost points in 15 matches. Point average of 2.4.

our silly dropped points against west brom(2), swansea(2), burnley(2), west ham(2) and chelsea(1), means we have lost our room for error. We need a near perfect run of matches till the end of season. Beating Chelsea and Liverpool away seems unlikely. And repeating last year with beating Arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project and Man United at home will be hard. Not to mention all the other teams.

4th spot likely needs 80 points. For Tottenham that is 9 lost points in 15 matches. Point average of 2.4.

We just need to out perform the teams we are competing with by 3 points - no reason to think we can't do that

My greatest hope is that we emulate our record under Poch by having a storming second half of the season. Maybe yesterday was the start of that.

Tough season though... never remember a league as intense and unpredictable as this one.

We will finish in the top 4.

I think Liverpool are one dimension and one gear. They tried to slow the game down and control it against a poor City side today, and still nearly blew it. I would look a little deeper beyond the surface of that result, because it isn't as pretty as it looks. Chelski look unhappy on and off the pitch. If Mourinho manages to get Sanchez that is a problem as he will be enough to give them a place I think. But we are hitting stride, there's a gear and confidence to our play now which I think will carry us through.

For me, it is again down to our supporters to grow big balls and believe. No doubts. Go forth. We will do it.

Yet still we are three points off second. Look forwards. Those games have gone. I never understand why people get stuck in the past, whatever past that might be. As long as you learn from mistakes then all good, and we have learned (West Ham home was a bizarre anomaly - 99 out of 100 we win that match)...

I still make us the second best side in the league and if we play to our potential for the remainder of the season i see no reason why we shouldnt be aiming to finish second - we dropped a lot of silly points at 'home' early doors and have only just started to play well as a team recently and yet we're only 3 points behind each of United Chelsea and Liverpool who you seem to be implying we can't expect to finish in front of - that doesn't stack up imo
Lol only a biased Spurs fan would have us as second best team in the league, we have been flirting with top 4 at best this season. Which is fine by the way, we’re playing at wembley etc so was never going to be easy. We’ve brushed aside a couple of rubbish teams like Soton and Stoke and now Everton which is great. But you’re going to have to argue a hell of a lot more than that to suggest we’re second best team - we lost to Chelsea, spanked by City, lost to Man U (I think?) lost to Arsenal, did well against Liverpool but how on earth that equates to being second best team in the league I don’t know. Liverpool are a better attacking outfit and maybe with Van Dijk might become gradually more solid defensively. Chelsea are Chelsea and whilst Man U aren’t pulling up any trees they still know how to get results. Top 4 will be a good achievement, we aren’t clearly better than any of the teams ahead of us...

Lol only a biased Spurs fan would have us as second best team in the league, we have been flirting with top 4 at best this season. Which is fine by the way, we’re playing at wembley etc so was never going to be easy. We’ve brushed aside a couple of rubbish teams like Soton and Stoke and now Everton which is great. But you’re going to have to argue a hell of a lot more than that to suggest we’re second best team - we lost to Chelsea, spanked by City, lost to Man U (I think?) lost to Arsenal, did well against Liverpool but how on earth that equates to being second best team in the league I don’t know. Liverpool are a better attacking outfit and maybe with Van Dijk might become gradually more solid defensively. Chelsea are Chelsea and whilst Man U aren’t pulling up any trees they still know how to get results. Top 4 will be a good achievement, we aren’t clearly better than any of the teams ahead of us...

We are 3 points off second currently despite having the disadvantage of playing our home games away from home - easy to make the argument that were that not the case and we had a normal home ground like everyone else then we'd not have thrown away as many points as we have done at Wembley (meaning we'd be a fair bit higher than 5th and afaic most likely way out in second)

All these sides you think are better than us cant be that good if they're only 3 points ahead of us - despite us running at a disadvantage

We are 3 points off second currently despite having the disadvantage of playing our home games away from home - easy to make the argument that were that not the case and we had a normal home ground like everyone else then we'd not have thrown away as many points as we have done at Wembley (meaning we'd be a fair bit higher than 5th)

All these sides you think are better than us cant be doing that well if they're only 3 points ahead of us - despite us running at a disadvantage
As far as I’m aware we are talking about being the second best team in the league this season. We are playing at Wembley this season so it’s irrelative whether we’d be doing better at WHL, this season we aren’t the second best team in the league whilst playing out home games at Wembley. If we end up being the second best team next season back at Home then fine, but there’s been nothing to suggest we are the second best team in the league this season....

As far as I’m aware we are talking about being the second best team in the league this season. We are playing at Wembley this season so it’s irrelative whether we’d be doing better at WHL, this season we aren’t the second best team in the league whilst playing out home games at Wembley. If we end up being the second best team next season back at Home then fine, but there’s been nothing to suggest we are the second best team in the league this season....
So far!

It still holds relevance to the conversation as my point was based on us performing to the level we know that we are capable of - if we can perform to that level regularly then we are more than able of out-performing our top 4 rivals for the remainder of the season.

That's not bias or rose tinted glasses...

It still holds relevance to the conversation as my point was based on us performing to the level we know that we are capable of - if we can perform to that level regularly then we are more than able of out-performing our top 4 rivals for the remainder of the season.

That's not bias or rose tinted glasses...
Our record against the rest of the top six so far this season is hardly reassuring on that score. Have to say I remain doubtful we will beat Liverpool at Anfield and Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, two venues we very rarely if ever collect three points from.

Back