• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2017/18

Their defence has looked a lot better as of late. They still have work to do but I would expect them to address this further in the summer. If we lose Toby then all of a sudden our defence, or at least our strength in depth is weakened slightly.

Agree about strength in depth but pool have already spent the coutinho money

Their owners haven’t invested any money in the club and whilst I would expect them to buy players I don’t expect them to spend big money unless of course they sell someone else

Their fans expect them to spend the Coutinho money in the summer. The idea that the Keita and van Dijk were bought with the expectation of selling Coutinho is not one they accept.

Liverpool did look very organised defensively which was a surprise to me - although it was 10 men behind the ball for much of the second half so defending by numbers rather than any particular individual defensive displays. But they held their ground and frustrated City.
I was disappointed at how panicked City seemed. It was a frantic game and (from when I switched it on late in the first half) they just did not look capable of creating any real threat. They might have got back into it second half but by that time Liverpool had retreated and did what they had to do.
Id expect City to do better in the second leg but it’s probably too late now to turn it around completely.
We can but hope.
I think they are sorting out their defense, much to the chagrin of all the posters on here who continue to think they are a shambles defensively. All they have to do in the second leg is more of what they did in the second half, and they can even allow a goal or two. And let's not forget how good Lollerpool is on the break and I'm sure they'll get a few chances to nick a goal, even without Salad. Only way City stands a chance is if they score early and nervousness starts creeping into the Lollerpool team.

City will unsettle Pool by offering money for mane or Salad

I also think pool are riding the wave of confidence which as we know can be fragile with a dodgy defence

You do realize they have given up only 11 goals in their last 15 games? That's pretty good in my book.

At some point we need to take the blinders off and accept the fact that Lollerpool have gotten it together. They have a formidable offense and have significantly improved their defense. They'll be up there challenging for the league next season.

You do realize they have given up only 11 goals in their last 15 games? That's pretty good in my book.

At some point we need to take the blinders off and accept the fact that Lollerpool have gotten it together. They have a formidable offense and have significantly improved their defense. They'll be up there challenging for the league next season.

Don’t disagree

Who have they played on tat time and who would get in our side?

That is how I judge teams

Don’t disagree

Who have they played on tat time and who would get in our side?

That is how I judge teams
I think that it's a fallacy to judge teams like that. We watch our team much more than the others and may not appreciate the true quality of their players. And let's also not forget that it's a team game. Even if they do not have that one player that would get into our team (which they do, by the way), it doesn't mean that they do not have a really good team.

I think that it's a fallacy to judge teams like that. We watch our team much more than the others and may not appreciate the true quality of their players. And let's also not forget that it's a team game. Even if they do not have that one player that would get into our team (which they do, by the way), it doesn't mean that they do not have a really good team.

They clearly have a very good side. Their top 4 and will be champions league semi finalists

But I don’t think there as good as us and I believe the league table will say that at the end of the season

I don’t watch them as much as some I’ll admit as o don’t like the bang it down the line counter attacking football. But there are plenty who love it

And on the subject of their players salad would get in our team, Robertson is finally getting the credit he merits too

Mane can be brilliant and firmino works as hard as Kane and are both very good players

Their keeper has improved too with a run of Games and more confidence

I think they are sorting out their defense, much to the chagrin of all the posters on here who continue to think they are a shambles defensively. All they have to do in the second leg is more of what they did in the second half, and they can even allow a goal or two. And let's not forget how good Lollerpool is on the break and I'm sure they'll get a few chances to nick a goal, even without Salad. Only way City stands a chance is if they score early and nervousness starts creeping into the Lollerpool team.

I would agree with this, i said earlier in the season that if Liverpool got a good CB ( which they have) and upgraded the keeper ( which they will do in the summer) they would be a strong team. Many on here disagreed but the hate for Liverpool usually overides the picture in some fans eyes.

I would agree with this, i said earlier in the season that if Liverpool got a good CB ( which they have) and upgraded the keeper ( which they will do in the summer) they would be a strong team. Many on here disagreed but the hate for Liverpool usually overides the picture in some fans eyes.

Do you honestly think it’s that basic though, 1 decent centre back and a keeper?

Their midfield is full of very similar players with not much creativity despite what we saw last night. Keita will be a good addition there but he is a more attacking kante without the defensive side

I don’t see many saying their not a strong side but I think there are extremities in peoples views

I sit very much in the camp that they have improved but I still believe they will end up 4th and without a trophy... so they won’t be any better than last season yet having spent plenty of money and Klopp having had another season

I also believe their owners will not invest any money the club don’t already make. It’s not an unreasonable position but I do believe there are some who think their spending their own dosh which so far they haven’t (coutinhos money has gone on Keita and VVD)

They do have some under rated players though in firmino, and the full backs.

They may well address the midfield issue and with Can leaving will need to do something. They also don’t appear to ahwv any depth behind their front 3.... which they will need to address

Do you honestly think it’s that basic though, 1 decent centre back and a keeper?

Their midfield is full of very similar players with not much creativity despite what we saw last night. Keita will be a good addition there but he is a more attacking kante without the defensive side

I don’t see many saying their not a strong side but I think there are extremities in peoples views

I sit very much in the camp that they have improved but I still believe they will end up 4th and without a trophy... so they won’t be any better than last season yet having spent plenty of money and Klopp having had another season

I also believe their owners will not invest any money the club don’t already make. It’s not an unreasonable position but I do believe there are some who think their spending their own dosh which so far they haven’t (coutinhos money has gone on Keita and VVD)

They do have some under rated players though in firmino, and the full backs.

They may well address the midfield issue and with Can leaving will need to do something. They also don’t appear to ahwv any depth behind their front 3.... which they will need to address
It's strange to say they're not creative when they're scoring at will. Everyone said they'll miss Coutinho, but I didn't see them missing a beat scoring wise. But I do agree they don't have enough depth. Nevertheless, they didn't do too shabby this year with CL and a number of players out at various spells.

And although they may finish a very close 4th this season (maybe a point or two behind us, which doesn't really say much about the difference between the two teams), I'm talking about next season. They'll be a force to be reckoned with. And we don't know what their ownership will do and whether they will spend on more quality players. So it's up to us to keep pace or surpass them.

I'm not saying it is enough in their case, but it could be. Good CBs make those around them better, e.g. Dawson was part of an excellent pairing with King. It's also important that the defenders have confidence in their goalkeeper, else they try and do too much. The best goalkeepers help organise the defence, while Liverpool's have tended to terrorise theirs.

I don't know if van Dijk is the one to do it. Lovren looked good at Southampton and Gomes has looked promising with England, but I haven't paid any attention to Matip or Klavan. Perhaps there is good partnership in the making there. They seem to have some young fullbacks stepping up, so a confidence inspiring goalkeeper might be what they need most.

I'm not saying it is enough in their case, but it could be. Good CBs make those around them better, e.g. Dawson was part of an excellent pairing with King. It's also important that the defenders have confidence in their goalkeeper, else they try and do too much. The best goalkeepers help organise the defence, while Liverpool's have tended to terrorise theirs.

I don't know if van Dijk is the one to do it. Lovren looked good at Southampton and Gomes has looked promising with England, but I haven't paid any attention to Matip or Klavan. Perhaps there is good partnership in the making there. They seem to have some young fullbacks stepping up, so a confidence inspiring goalkeeper might be what they need most.

I think Gomes could work well with VVD

Great result/performance from them in the champions league, should see them safely into the semis. That’s an excellent achievement in itself. I don’t think that they will win it, but they could do. Nobody will want to play them, but I’d fancy a more streetwise team to knock them out over 2 legs. Fair play to them though.

I think they have improved by dropping Mignolet, as much as anything. They had a keeper that could barely save any half decent shot that comes his way. Karius has been a competent keeper and it’s made a big difference. Whether he is good enough to be number one in the long-term, I haven’t seen enough of him to be honest.

They have the same thing as us now though, in that their big players will get linked with moves to bigger/richer clubs. Their fans will say “wait til Spurs have to sell Kane” etc and it’s the same for them with the likes of Salah.

And I still think we’ll finish above them and end the season with more trophies. I think we will finish 2nd actually.

Well i think it was pretty obvious that those two positions were a weakness for them so they have made a start and they look a lot better because of it. Putting aside the hatred for anything Liverpool ( and there are those who seem unable to do that, not suggesting that you are one of those) they have a good side and when on form they are good to watch. As i said earlier this season IF they sorted out their defense ( CB and Keeper) they will be stronger and they may be more to come, not saying they will win the Prem or anything but they are ONE of the teams we are/will be competing with.

Well i think it was pretty obvious that those two positions were a weakness for them so they have made a start and they look a lot better because of it. Putting aside the hatred for anything Liverpool ( and there are those who seem unable to do that, not suggesting that you are one of those) they have a good side and when on form they are good to watch. As i said earlier this season IF they sorted out their defense ( CB and Keeper) they will be stronger and they may be more to come, not saying they will win the Prem or anything but they are ONE of the teams we are/will be competing with.

I’ll hold my hands up... I don’t like them. Have no issues with their players but their fans even now their claiming the bus attack’s we’re a small group despite the video showing a huge group involved

But they are definitely stronger than they were, however I still look at them and think need a lot more (although I can’t quite put a finger on it)

The full backs are sorted for now, but they don’t have adequate cover for Robertson.

They do need at least one quality keeper

If they can get VVD and Gomes playing that could be a great partnership

No one in their midfield is very good imo. Their very work workmanlike and you can see that someone like Oxo has improved with confidence there but they don’t have anyone that I look at and think is of a top 4 quality. Keita may change that though but I do think he could be a bull in a china shop possibly, but i do like what I’ve seen of him.

Up front they have 3 great players but they lack depth behind them which is understandable

I’m far from convinced by their Owners and think their getting the benefit of flying high. People are accepting them selling their best players as they think their spending more but that not been the case to date.

I should add I hate American owners as their concept is to use the UK teams to fund their American enterprises and it’s wrong

Great result/performance from them in the champions league, should see them safely into the semis. That’s an excellent achievement in itself. I don’t think that they will win it, but they could do. Nobody will want to play them, but I’d fancy a more streetwise team to knock them out over 2 legs. Fair play to them though.

I think they have improved by dropping Mignolet, as much as anything. They had a keeper that could barely save any half decent shot that comes his way. Karius has been a competent keeper and it’s made a big difference. Whether he is good enough to be number one in the long-term, I haven’t seen enough of him to be honest.

They have the same thing as us now though, in that their big players will get linked with moves to bigger/richer clubs. Their fans will say “wait til Spurs have to sell Kane” etc and it’s the same for them with the likes of Salad.

And I still think we’ll finish above them and end the season with more trophies. I think we will finish 2nd actually.

Agree with all of this

Do think binning Moreno makes a difference as he is toss

They say the table never lies.
We have seen some great football this season from Liverpool, City and ourselves.

I’ll hold my hands up... I don’t like them. Have no issues with their players but their fans even now their claiming the bus attack’s we’re a small group despite the video showing a huge group involved

But they are definitely stronger than they were, however I still look at them and think need a lot more (although I can’t quite put a finger on it)

The full backs are sorted for now, but they don’t have adequate cover for Robertson.

They do need at least one quality keeper

If they can get VVD and Gomes playing that could be a great partnership

No one in their midfield is very good imo. Their very work workmanlike and you can see that someone like Oxo has improved with confidence there but they don’t have anyone that I look at and think is of a top 4 quality. Keita may change that though but I do think he could be a bull in a china shop possibly, but i do like what I’ve seen of him.

Up front they have 3 great players but they lack depth behind them which is understandable

I’m far from convinced by their Owners and think their getting the benefit of flying high. People are accepting them selling their best players as they think their spending more but that not been the case to date.

I should add I hate American owners as their concept is to use the UK teams to fund their American enterprises and it’s wrong

I do hear were your coming from mate, i am not a fan of their fans either but i tend to look at other teams and players and judge them on what they do. I will always be a huge fan of our club but because i spent most of my working life coaching and watching players i tend to see players for what they can do not who they play for.

Its not always easy to do that but Liverpool have some GREAT players and they have a system that get the best out of the rest, add one or two to their weakest positions and i can see them improving. Only time will tell but i would think Liverpool will be up among the leaders next year.

I do hear were your coming from mate, i am not a fan of their fans either but i tend to look at other teams and players and judge them on what they do. I will always be a huge fan of our club but because i spent most of my working life coaching and watching players i tend to see players for what they can do not who they play for.

Its not always easy to do that but Liverpool have some GREAT players and they have a system that get the best out of the rest, add one or two to their weakest positions and i can see them improving. Only time will tell but i would think Liverpool will be up among the leaders next year.

Do you not think they will sell Salad or Mane?

I can see the mega clubs doing everything to disturb them like they did for Monaco

Back