• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2017/18

The atmosphere at Anfield looked incredible, tiny bit jealous I must say.. Impressive performance.

Kyle 'brainfart' Walker back to his usual antics too.

I don’t want to see City win it either.
But the closer Liverpool get the more nervous I become that they might somehow fluke it.
(Obviously they are not our rivals in the terms you mention but I really just do not like them. No rationale for it, I just don’t).

They've already won it 5 times though. If they win it again I don't see what difference that makes to us other than making their fans even more unbearable than they already are. Would be different if it were say Arsenal or Chelsea and they were winning it for the first time as Chelsea did in 2012 which not only hurt as they are one of our closest rivals but it hurt us on the pitch as they signed two players that were heavily linked with us at the time, Hazard and Oscar. Our CL hopes for next season are firmly in our hands, unlike when Chelsea won it all those years ago.

I read a stat (unconfirmed) that Jesus made 6 completed passes in the first half, and 3 were kick offs.

Disgraceful antics by the Liverpool fans towards the City coach. Getting English teams banned from Europe once was clearly not enough. They need to grow up.

City were awful, couldn't pass 10 yards, looked lacklustre and tired.
Walker £50m, levy deserves his pay rise for that alone. That's him been at fault for city being good knocked out of 2 cups.
sSterling is useless, said it about Hart and was proved right and Sterling is worse.

Liverpool ran their legs off but considering the space city left them in midfield I didn't think they were that impressive.

Liverpool to put it mildly, are my least favourite football club, as many will testify on here.
It would be sad though for all our general love and appreciation of the game of football if we do not give them the credit they deserve for humbling a 'normally' excellent City.

I have never known a club flag so quickly though, 60 minutes in they look drained. That must be a worry for Herr Klopp. Pep on the other hand must be even more concerned by his teams Arsenal impression, or was it more WBA?

Last edited:
Their fans did threaten it well before the game
And their fans were lined up like that before 5 o clock
So someone knew this was gonna happen and let it happen
The funny thing is they want to create a scary atmosphere like playing in turkey... but the Turkish men don’t stand there with mobile phones filming it like we do over here... the create a ruckus

And on the game you have to credit pool. I hate them but that’s a hell of a result and highlights to me why we can beat city (as I said in the Chelsea OMT). City are still defensively naive and don’t have a defensively string midfield. If you can bypass them with long balls you take their ability out of the game

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Liverpool came close to winning the league next season. I can see it being between Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool and ourselves provided we keep our best players and make some additions.

City I thought would find it hard and I fancied Pool to win by the odd goal.
City looked as you said @Bedfordspurs naive. But in that first have Id go further and say rank poor. Kompany's inclusion was a big problem for them.

Also agree @Jurgen the German it 'should be' a good tussle next season..but it's a long way off and anything could happen, we may struggle actually fitting Messi in our system.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Liverpool came close to winning the league next season. I can see it being between Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool and ourselves provided we keep our best players and make some additions.

City will unsettle Pool by offering money for mane or salah

I also think pool are riding the wave of confidence which as we know can be fragile with a dodgy defence

City will unsettle Pool by offering money for mane or Salad

I also think pool are riding the wave of confidence which as we know can be fragile with a dodgy defence

Their defence has looked a lot better as of late. They still have work to do but I would expect them to address this further in the summer. If we lose Toby then all of a sudden our defence, or at least our strength in depth is weakened slightly.

Back