• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2017/18

Do you not think they will sell Salad or Mane?

I can see the mega clubs doing everything to disturb them like they did for Monaco
They're in a very different situation compared to Monaco. They might lose a player, but they might not. Monaco were partly dismantled.

Expect them to be very strong again next season. Perhaps better than this season.

All this nonsense about Liverpool being one season wonders, and they'll lose their best players, is exactly the crap that we get. They are one of the best teams in the league, and could well be stronger next season, or maybe not. A bit like us in terms of potential.

Do you honestly think it’s that basic though, 1 decent centre back and a keeper?

Their midfield is full of very similar players with not much creativity despite what we saw last night. Keita will be a good addition there but he is a more attacking kante without the defensive side

I don’t see many saying their not a strong side but I think there are extremities in peoples views

I sit very much in the camp that they have improved but I still believe they will end up 4th and without a trophy... so they won’t be any better than last season yet having spent plenty of money and Klopp having had another season

I also believe their owners will not invest any money the club don’t already make. It’s not an unreasonable position but I do believe there are some who think their spending their own dosh which so far they haven’t (coutinhos money has gone on Keita and VVD)

They do have some under rated players though in firmino, and the full backs.

They may well address the midfield issue and with Can leaving will need to do something. They also don’t appear to ahwv any depth behind their front 3.... which they will need to address
Klopp built a solid Dortmund side around Hummels. Not surprised he's doing similarly well at Liverpool, though not saying van Dijk is as good as Hummels. Robertson, Lovren and Matip are good players, now looking better because of van Dijk, I don't think that's particularly surprising. Yes, it can be that simple.

They've dealt really well with losing Coutinho. We all know how difficult it is to lose a top player. With Keita coming in they might end up stronger for it.

They have weaknesses, as do we. But Klopp has done a really good job so far and I expect him to continue that good work and sort out some of those weaknesses. Though others might arise if they lose another player, have more injury problems in key areas or Salah has a worse season next time around.

Obviously they're more likely to end up without a trophy. But at this point they have a decent chance of winning the CL, are pretty much locked in for a top four finish and could finish anywhere 2nd-4th.

It was said at the time they signed Klopp. Other top teams will regret letting Liverpool sign him. I'm guessing United, Chelsea and Arsenal are looking back at that decision now thinking about what could have been.

All this nonsense about Liverpool being one season wonders, and they'll lose their best players, is exactly the crap that we get. They are one of the best teams in the league, and could well be stronger next season, or maybe not. A bit like us in terms of potential.

Haven’t seen anyone say their one season wonders

But the do have a track record of doing well then selling their best players which might be why people are making comments

What is in their favour now though is that Barca don’t need salad and I’m not sure he is what Madrid need

I do think though tha city will be playing games this summer to disrupt teams much like Bayern do in Germany

Plus they pay the big bucks, that’s one less reason to leave

Haven’t seen anyone say their one season wonders

But the do have a track record of doing well then selling their best players which might be why people are making comments

What is in their favour now though is that Barca don’t need salad and I’m not sure he is what Madrid need

I do think though tha city will be playing games this summer to disrupt teams much like Bayern do in Germany

Which is exactly what we do.

We haven’t sold our best for some time IMO and not under Poch

Bale was the last and before that Modric

They did it this season

But we have done plenty of times in Levy's time here. Carrick, Berbatov, Keane, Bale, Modric.

Alderweireld looks like he's out the door. Admittedly in far different circumstances to those I mentioned above but he's still one of our most important players.

But we have done plenty of times in Levy's time here. Carrick, Berbatov, Keane, Bale, Modric.

Alderweireld looks like he's out the door. Admittedly in far different circumstances to those I mentioned above but he's still one of our most important players.

He was one of them but we have replaced him already with a bigger investment, and are happy to let him go it seems

The others all left as we weren’t progressing which we clearly are now or they will went to their boyhood clubs. But it’s a very very different Tottenham now

If pool don’t sell one of their best players this or next season you could argue the same for them

One of our most important players who will have played no part in two third of our games this season. There is a big difference between being forced to sell players that you want to hold onto and the manager choosing to let players go because he thinks it is in the best interests of the team.

One of our most important players who will have played no part in two third of our games this season. There is a big difference between being forced to sell players that you want to hold onto and the manager choosing to let players go because he thinks it is in the best interests of the team.

I realise that mate, hence why I said "Admittedly in far different circumstances to those I mentioned above but he's still one of our most important players." :)

I realise that mate, hence why I said "Admittedly in far different circumstances to those I mentioned above but he's still one of our most important players." :)

I know. I just think that we need to be careful that the view that all sales of good players is a bad thing. You do not build long term success by never changing anything. Maintaining success means rebuilding the team incrementally. Given our financial disadvantage at the top of the league, that will mean some selling to buy.

City to press like crazy from the start then. Early home goal could make it interesting.

Back