• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2016/17 - Group E: CSKA Moscow, Bayer Leverkusen, Monaco

Must say there is less excitement to our involvement in the CL this time compared to the last time we qualified in 2010. I think that is largely because we achieved our target of 4th place in 2010 but had chance to win the league but failed this time.

Also because we had some knock-outs to deal with last time - this time straight to group stage.

Must say there is less excitement to our involvement in the CL this time compared to the last time we qualified in 2010. I think that is largely because we achieved our target of 4th place in 2010 but had chance to win the league but failed this time.

I'm very excited by the Champions League. I couldn't attend any games last time out, yet I've bought three tickets for Wembley this season. Plus, I think that if we play as we can, we can be a match for most of the teams in the competition and I'd like to see us tested against the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid.

My group was virtually the same as your's! Just with Benfica, instead of Bayern! I think we could win our group.

I like that group even more - a Benfica, Sevilla, Spurs et al group would be one I'd be very confident about. :)

@Spurs7891 - That's true. I think it's because of the way we qualified - last time, we did it in true movie fashion. We lost to Pompey in the FA Cup semi, everyone thought our season was over (I was in Switzerland at the time, and it absolutely ruined me to the point where I shut myself in my hotel room for a day and missed all sorts of deadlines as a result :p ). After all, we had to face Arsenal (who we hadn't beaten in the league in donkey's years), Chelsea (who were spanking teams left, right and centre under Ancelotti), United and City in the final stretch of games.

But we did it. We rose, like a phoenix from the flames, and refused to let a great season fizzle away into nothing. We beat Arsenal with Rose's wonder goal, Bale's early second-half sucker-punch and then Gomes' wonder saves as they laid siege to our goal (including a fantastic fingertip save to stop a header from dear old Sol). We beat Chelsea, and we deserved to do so. We went up to City and simply outplayed them, with Ledley, Daws, Gomes, Hudd, Modders, Bale, Lennon, Crouch, Defoe and co. all playing the part of memorable heroes. And we got into the CL for the first time.

This time, we were pretty much guaranteed a spot in the CL after about the 34th or 35th gameweek. And, rather than climbing up towards a goal worth reaching, we sort of slid miserably down towards it as a consolation prize after crumbling at the end and letting the dual dreams of winning the title and finishing above Arsenal slip out of our reach. That colours perceptions, I think. :p

Great memories DubaiSpur. Here's the match reports if anyone wants to kill some time at "work":

Tottenham 0 - 2 Portsmouth - Sunday, 11 April 2010

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/8611101.stm

Tottenham 2 - 1 Arsenal - Wednesday, 14 April 2010
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8616181.stm

Tottenham 2 - 1 Chelsea - Saturday, 17 April 2010
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8617737.stm

Emirates Marketing Project 0 - 1 Tottenham - Wednesday, 5 May 2010

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8659403.stm

What a week that was when we beat both Arse and Cheatski! The Cheatski game is probably the best I've ever seen a Spurs team play. It was a bloody magnificent performance.

Sent with Miele C1 Vacuum cleaner

What a week that was when we beat both Arse and Cheatski! The Cheatski game is probably the best I've ever seen a Spurs team play. It was a bloody magnificent performance.

Sent with Miele C1 Vacuum cleaner

City away. THE most nervous I have ever been at a match, couldnt enjoy a thing until the final whistle I was that on edge. Once it was over, those final minutes of added time were unreal, it was amazing and the biggest buzz for ages

Sitting here thinking about our group games at Wembley and drinking in the ground, it it's like the EL you won't be able to

I really hope not as I was looking forward to gettting to Wembley early and having a few beers beforehand, does anybody know if it's different in the CL ??

Sitting here thinking about our group games at Wembley and drinking in the ground, it it's like the EL you won't be able to

I really hope not as I was looking forward to gettting to Wembley early and having a few beers beforehand, does anybody know if it's different in the CL ??

No it's the same
No booze in the ground

Probably more excited this time simply because our home games are at Wembley. Hopefully we'll fill the stadium so there'll be many more than at WHL including a fair number who seldom get to games for whom it will be that much more special.

Cannot wait.

Unless you are 'corporate' of course. Nice to know that the rules are the same for all of us for the Champions League (sponsored by Heineken and Amstel).

What corporate is there for this??

The box holders don't get seats and i haven't seen lounge tickets

At WHL there very funny about drinking during a. European game in the corporate

Back