• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bring back the good old days

I think the blame lies with our "Continental" Director of Football system. We can buy our own players, thank you very much. For example, that tall bloke at Stoke seems to go alright (for a big fella at least).

Of course, how can an English team possibly succeed without a big lump up front?

No - you have got tiresome for being blinded and for interpreting posts in the way YOU want to interpret them.

How the **** is criticism considered whining? How the **** is criticism considered negative?

****ing hell. Are you one of those where in interviews suggest that you can handle criticism and use it to improve yourself? or do you state that its a negative?
Because I very much doubt you consider it to be the latter but rather state the former.

Knowing HOW to offer CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is something a lot of the whingers could most certainly do with learning mate. Let me just say I would heartily hope they aren't involved in project management at their respective places of employment!

Of course, how can an English team possibly succeed without a big lump up front?

I think in January, AVB should get Carroll and Kenwyne Jones, play 4-4-2 and let Daws launch it at them like a torpedo from 60 yards, instructing our midfielders to pile in for the knock-downs...

LOL...

How many goals did VdV score from the launcher to Crouchy who would knock it down for VdV? If it had been Sigurdsson knocking those in, some of the romance dies away really doesn't it?

Laughable. To think, there are still people who cannot see what Soldado can/will do once the gears click...

Knowing HOW to offer CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is something a lot of the whingers could most certainly do with learning mate. Let me just say I would heartily hope they aren't involved in project management at their respective places of employment!

I would agree with you and anyone who suggests AVB should go is wrong. I just think people are mistaking criticism for being negative. Booing is negative for example but stating that the football is dull and AVB needs to rectify that (particularly at home as he has the away tactics down to a tee) is not particularly negative - its obvious and a valid point. The thing id argue is, no doubt you will argue it you so and so but, AVB hasnt really remedied the issue at home. Yes we experienced those problems against 'bus parkers' beforehand but if youre going to bring in a 'better' manager/coach then surely the least you would expect is for an improvement in that facet.

The results under AVB have been excellent to be fair and as long as he keeps producing those results, I'm happy. Would like to play better football but the result is the important thing.

However, I don't believe we will keep it going. For me, our defence looks better on paper than it actually has been this year and I honestly believe that the time will come when they are exposed and we'll see repeats of the 0-3 v West Ham. Against Arsenal, we were very, very lucky not to concede 3 or 4. I could be wrong but, watching the games so far this season, I can see it coming and we are so limp going forward that I can see our results deteriorating.

Like I say, I could be wrong. I hope I am and if we continue as we are for the rest of the season, I'll be happy enough. There isn't any sense of entitlement from me, I'm not whinging but I can see signs that we are in a false position.

I hope I am wrong too, but I feel it could be one of those days on Sunday. Lukaku frightens me to death. This match will be a real test for us. Palace,Cardiff and Villa were all away games I would have been a touch disappointed had we not won.

Everton is a game where I would not class us as favourites, if we grind out a victory I will be well and truly impressed, I wouldnt say no to a point either.
We failed our first big test away from at Arsenal. Just hope we dont fall flat on our face this Sunday

I would agree with you and anyone who suggests AVB should go is wrong. I just think people are mistaking criticism for being negative. Booing is negative for example but stating that the football is dull and AVB needs to rectify that (particularly at home as he has the away tactics down to a tee) is not particularly negative - its obvious and a valid point. The thing id argue is, no doubt you will argue it you so and so but, AVB hasnt really remedied the issue at home. Yes we experienced those problems against 'bus parkers' beforehand but if youre going to bring in a 'better' manager/coach then surely the least you would expect is for an improvement in that facet.

no no mate, far from it, I agree!

I think we are superbly set-up away from home but he has yet to find the best solution at home. I think the main difference would be that I see in this 36 year old a man who absolutely learns, changes and adapts. he has aways had control issues and has, in the last two seasons, worked himself out of some of those tendencies, but he is still a work in progress himself, I think people forget that.

Look at what's actually happening; we are WINNING most of these matches (West Ham was a poor exception and we all know that) whilst he tried to figure it out. The improvement is that we are winning these games! Norwich, Hull, Swansea, we are winning these games now (Swansea, admittedly, we won last season too) but you get my drift...

I think, again, perspective is the key. AVB has several times not been able to keep/buy the one player he has really wanted. No complaints, that's football and he knows that, but it is also a fact.

I just think some of the relentless criticism is out of order myself mate...it's not like he doesn't know!

Good discussion as always...

Back