• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bring back the good old days

K.D.D.D.D.Soc

Paul Walsh
I agree with most of the postings on here. Lets go back to the good old days when we could count on Dean Austin, Ruel Fox, Andy Sinton, Chris Perry, Anthony Gardner and the like. I support this team when we had S*** like that playing every week and what we have now as far better. We haven't played well YET but we are still in touch with the top teams.

I'm sure most of the moaning is from people who have never kick a ball and have no understanding how to play the game apart from Football Manager or FIFA xxxx .

Lets get behind the team instead of all the moaning .

We're as bad as that lot down the road for thinking that everyone should roll over for them now. It is embarrassing.

We're as bad as that lot down the road for thinking that everyone should roll over for them now. It is embarrassing.

The thing is i am probably in the negative group camp because i do not like our style of play but i do not think it is the fans that are worried by our style of play are expecting other teams to roll over. For me i would prefer it if we went out with a bit more pace and attacked other teams. But i have watched spurs for 40 odd years and it never really bothered me when we lose, i have seen it so many times.

I think people are more worried about our style of play, frankly i will give avb and the team more time because we have so many new signings, but im not sure why people think it wrong to point out what we are doing wrong.

Never understood this blind faith thing and not commenting on things that are not going well. If that is what should be done then is no real need for a forum is there?

I will admit I can see why a number of fans are annoyed with the groans and discontent on the forum tonight and recently.

However, it's equally annoying seeing fans being so pig headed when it comes to their reactions to other fans being critical of the team. Like it or not, this place and WHL itself is a place for Spurs fans to come and blow off some steam. Some people are calm naturally but others get easily wound up when it comes to football so it's actually quite annoying to see the I'm a better fan than you mentality because I don't **** off the team rear its head.

I'm on a bit on the fence, I'm happy with the results but would also like to see a better style of play.

Last edited:
Sitting 4th in the table

everybody moaning

when did we turn into Chelsea?

when we started playing such unambitious football, not seen anyone call for avb's head or say the team are **** we just want to see a bit more oomph. Also personally i have no idea what avb's style of play is.

Maybe by the end of the season once the players have settled in we will see a DNA of how the team will play, it should be then that people make their opinions on the coach and players, that is what i shall do anyway.

I will admit I can see why a number of fans are annoyed with the groans and discontent on the forum tonight and recently.

However, it's equally annoying seeing fans being so pig headed when it comes to their reactions to other fans being critical of the team. Like it or not, this place and WHL itself is a place for Spurs fans to come and blow off some steam. Some people are calm naturally but others get easily wound up when it comes to football so it's actually quite annoying to see the I'm a better fan than you mentality because I don't **** off the team rear its head.

I find OMTs unreadable at the moment, there is no perspective or acceptance that it takes a while for new players to settle in. I agree that we are not the easiest on the eye but I do not think that a little patience is too much to expect.

No! I think you will find that YOU are as bad as that "lot down the road" for your inability to differentiate between criticism and negativity. Its funny. Stop being so melodrammatic its ****in surreal. If you are so blinded that you cannot see that our performances are not that cohesive and verging on dull and boring then that is your problem.

It is ****ing ironic, the same thing you are accusing people of doing YOU are doing yourselves - i.e CRITICISING. Dont criticise people for stating the obvious, stating the obvious is not negative, it is common sense.

I find OMTs unreadable at the moment, there is no perspective or acceptance that it takes a while for new players to settle in. I agree that we are not the easiest on the eye but I do not think that a little patience is too much to expect.

It's a match thread. You should go down the pub and listen to the reaction, I don't know why some take it personally. It's irrational responses but that is what football does to you.

Like I said, some fans don't get too bothered, since we Chelsea won the CL I've tried to not let football get to me as much, said to myself I would give it half an hour after the match then forget about the result, it's hard though and I do get easily frustrated when watching football. Sometimes I have to completely avoid Facebook for example because I know I will bite on every gooner or Chelsea fan's status :lol:

I'm on a bit on the fence, I'm happy with the results but would also like to see a better style of play.

SILENCE! Only one opinion is allowed on this board! Anyone who utters even the slightest bit of criticism is a plastic fan who can't see how far we've come since the days of Sinton and Ruel Fox! The only REAL supporters are the ones who are constantly, unquestioningly grateful for how much we've improved since the year 2000 A.D! Are you a REAL supporter? Or are you one of those weak keyboard-warrior plastics who don't deserve the honor of being called Tottenham supporters? Those malicious trolls who've never kicked a football in their lives, spend all day playing FIFA and Football Manager, probably have no lives and are in all probability just West Ham fans in disguise?

NO questioning of the team is allowed! NO questioning of our Glorious Leader Andre the First is allowed! Remember Sinton! Remember Ruel Fox! Remember the bad old days! And be grateful, swine! Be a REAL supporter!

You know, I'm starting to see why the right pulls out arguments like this against hate speech laws so often: it's really, really fun. :) I agree with K.D.D.D.D.Soc: there's a little overreaction around at present, and we will undoubtedly improve as time goes on. However, I have no hesitation in calling all of you who consider people venting on a forum after a **** performance 'inferior' fans to yourselves c**ts. It was a bad performance. People are entitled to moan on a Spurs forum, as long as we present a united front to the rest of the world. The day the players all play for the love of the shirt, the manager is a born and bred Spurs supporter, and the fans are all from the local area is the day that calls to stigmatize all critical supporters as traitors will be legitimate. Until then, there are always grounds for criticism, and thank GHod for that. You're not either a criticizer or a Spurs supporter, you know.

Last edited:
It's a match thread. You should go down the pub and listen to the reaction, I don't know why some take it personally. It's irrational responses but that is what football does to you.

Like I said, some fans don't get too bothered, since we Chelsea won the CL I've tried to not let football get to me as much, said to myself I would give it half an hour after the match then forget about the result, it's hard though and I do get easily frustrated when watching football. Sometimes I have to completely avoid Facebook for example because I know I will bite on every gooner or Chelsea fan's status :lol:

I do when we are on and I don't have a ticket. I prefer to avoid the knee jerk fans with no sense of perspective in the pub too.

You know, I'm starting to see why the right pulls out arguments like this against hate speech laws so often: it's really, really fun. :) I agree with K.D.D.D.D.Soc: there's a little overreaction around at present, and we will undoubtedly improve as time goes on. However, I have no hesitation in calling all of you who consider people venting on a forum after a **** performance 'inferior' fans to yourselves c**ts. It was a bad performance. People are entitled to moan on a Spurs forum, as long as we present a united front to the rest of the world. The day the players all play for the love of the shirt, the manager is a born and bred Spurs supporter, and the fans are all from the local area is the day that calls to stigmatize all critical supporters as traitors will be legitimate. Until then, there are always grounds for criticism, and thank GHod for that. You're not either a criticizer or a Spurs supporter, you know.

haha i have converted you aint i? your a right winger now, your next step is to moan about the EU and get a membership to the Daily Mail.:lol:

I do when we are on and I don't have a ticket. I prefer to avoid the knee jerk fans with no sense of perspective in the pub too.

Maybe. To me it comes across as I'm a better fan than so and so because I always get behind the team and the manager and you don't.

No! I think you will find that YOU are as bad as that "lot down the road" for your inability to differentiate between criticism and negativity. Its funny. Stop being so melodrammatic its ****in surreal. If you are so blinded that you cannot see that our performances are not that cohesive and verging on dull and boring then that is your problem.

It is ****ing ironic, the same thing you are accusing people of doing YOU are doing yourselves - i.e CRITICISING. Dont criticise people for stating the obvious, stating the obvious is not negative, it is common sense.

I don't think that we are playing particularly attractive football at the moment but I think that a lot of the complaining is over the top. I think that it is the sense of entitlement which really gets my goat. Teams that put ten men behind the ball are difficult to break down, the teams that usually finish above us have at least one world class attacking player to help break them down, we had one last season, we don't this (yet).

Maybe. To me it comes across as I'm a better fan than so and so because I always get behind the team and the manager and you don't.

It's not about being a better fan for me. I'm a half glass full person by nature and I prefer to avoid negative people.

i have a mate who's a charlton fan, they were getting "bored" of finishing midtable in the Prem, so they got rid of curbishley and look where they are now, sometimes u dont know how good u have it

I don't think that we are playing particularly attractive football at the moment but I think that a lot of the complaining is over the top. I think that it is the sense of entitlement which really gets my goat. Teams that put ten men behind the ball are difficult to break down, the teams that usually finish above us have at least one world class attacking player to help break them down, we had one last season, we don't this (yet).

This has been a problem for years though and we still haven't found the solution despite multiple managers and different players, hence some of the frustration.

It's not about being a better fan for me. I'm a half glass full person by nature and I prefer to avoid negative people.

Fair enough, I'm a realist (don't like being called a pessimist). I can live with optimism, it's blind faith that does my head in. I honestly think if you asked some fans to predict the table at the start of the season, some of their league tables would look like this:

1. Spurs played 38 won 38 drawn 0 lost 0 conceded 0

Years of supporting Spurs has taught me not to get ahead of myself.

Fair enough, I'm a realist (don't like being called a pessimist). I can live with optimism, it's blind faith that does my head in. I honestly think if you asked some fans to predict the table at the start of the season, some of their league tables would look like this:

1. Spurs played 38 won 38 drawn 0 lost 0 conceded 0

Years of supporting Spurs has taught me not to get ahead of myself.

I don't have blind faith but I prefer to draw on the positives.

Back