• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

"Blade runner" shoots girlfriend

Why would an intruder lock themselves in a small cubicle type toilet?

Why would you open up without once asking who was in there, however scared you were?

Complete load of ********, if he gets away with it there really isn't any justice.

I heard some legal expert comment on this case and his point was pretty much: Should it be allowed to blindly fire through a door just because you think there might be someone there? Shouldn't you at least make sure you're actually in danger before defending yourself?

I heard some legal expert comment on this case and his point was pretty much: Should it be allowed to blindly fire through a door just because you think there might be someone there? Shouldn't you at least make sure you're actually in danger before defending yourself?

This. I understand what people are saying & that the law allows for reasonable doubt etc but the fact is he has shot & killed a woman in a brutal manner. No matter his intentions that alone needs to be punished. Regardless of his defense, he has taken an innocent life. I know that isn't the way the law works but he has massively f***d up, jail for a long time is the only thing that is just for such a f*** up.

I have totally forgotten this but what would the motive be for him killing his girlfriend?

Apparently Reeva had a kiss with someone while filming a TV show. The episode was due to appear soon and she was worried the kiss would be shown. Seems likely that is what triggered the argument as perhaps she decided to fess up. He's insanely jealous apparently and known to fly off the handle.

It was a crime of passion he probably instantly regretted, but it's still pre-meditated murder.

I know it sounds grim, but to know where she was in the toilet when the bullets were fired would help understand a bit of what went on, she must have been screaming after the first shot to ask what the **** is going on

Why would an intruder lock themselves in a small cubicle type toilet?

Why would you open up without once asking who was in there, however scared you were?

Complete load of ********, if he gets away with it there really isn't any justice.

in case you thought that they might fire on you? i dunno...

I know it sounds grim, but to know where she was in the toilet when the bullets were fired would help understand a bit of what went on, she must have been screaming after the first shot to ask what the **** is going on

i seem to remember a graphic showing they thought she was seated according to the likely angle of bullet entry into the door and where she was hit: hip, elbow and head.

So he went and got his gun, surely would know if she was in bed or not at that point

You'd think, but was it pitch black? Did he not want to call out to her for fear of alerting the 'intruders' to his and her presence? Was he terrified out of his wits, heart thumping, short of breath, not thinking straight?

All, potentially, 'reasonable' doubts? I just don't know.

All that is said with the absolute utmost sympathy to Reeva and her loved ones. It's such a difficult case.

I also considered the above, but surely after the first shot she would have screamed? Assuming this first one was the shot that missed and didn't hit her?

I also considered the above, but surely after the first shot she would have screamed? Assuming this first one was the shot that missed and didn't hit her?

Agreed.

I don't know whether his defence could argue the loud sound of the shot ringing in his ears meant he didn't hear a scream, or the shots were fired so quickly there wasn't time to react to a scream.

It's so hard to know what would have happened and so different; rationalising everything, step by step, over a long period of time, dispassionately versus a panicked moment in the middle of the night.

I just get the feeling that a well paid defence lawyer could sow enough seeds of doubt. Rightly or wrongly, who knows.

I can't see how he's anything but guilty.

There's so many holes in the story...

Why would an intruder go into the toilet?

If it was an accident, why was she crouching behind the door and not using the toilet?

And mainly, if he thought she was in bed as he claims, presumably the same bed he got out of, why not just check to make sure before you kill whoever is in the toilet.

He's clearly a bit of a gun nut if the evidence so far is to be believed, and I'm not buying that it was him screaming like a girl.

Guilty!

I agree, surely you don't fire indiscriminately into a toilet. Interestingly an ex girlfriend stated today that he previously became paranoid about a noise coming from the toilet the year before. He took his gun on that occasion after waking her up to see if she heard anything as well.

Blade runner now under the kosh a bit, witness aaying they heard an argument going on for about an hour before he fired.

I agree, surely you don't fire indiscriminately into a toilet. Interestingly an ex girlfriend stated today that he previously became paranoid about a noise coming from the toilet the year before. He took his gun on that occasion after waking her up to see if she heard anything as well.

Not if you're rational, calm, dispassionate and have time to analyse.

If you're scared in the moment, who knows? People make bad choices under pressure.

I can't see how he's anything but guilty.

There's so many holes in the story...

Why would an intruder go into the toilet?

If it was an accident, why was she crouching behind the door and not using the toilet?

And mainly, if he thought she was in bed as he claims, presumably the same bed he got out of, why not just check to make sure before you kill whoever is in the toilet.

He's clearly a bit of a gun nut if the evidence so far is to be believed, and I'm not buying that it was him screaming like a girl.

Guilty!

He says an intruder could gain access into the building via the toilet external window which did not have burglar bars. He also claims builders had left a ladder by the wall.

I've seen a layout of the house and there was a bathroom, where the window was and then a toilet cubicle where Reeva was, why would they break into the bathroom and then go into the small cubicle?

I suppose Oscar will suggest that he assumed the burglar panicked and locked himself in the toilet.

Back