• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Berahino in January for £25m?

Berahino in January for £25m?

• Yes

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 63.8%

• Total voters
So serious question

- What young English striker in last 5-7 years was sold for an inflated price, delivered the goods for buying club and actually was/is worth more 2-3 seasons later?

More to the point his many English strikers have been sold in the last 5-7 years at the top level (premier league)

Only three spring to mind quickly

sturridge has been a success and has gone up in value
Carroll has t and has probably gone down in value
Wellbeck hasn't but probably hasn't lost any value either

Not exactly a stella cast, having said that, it doesn't really mean much, you could say the same about welsh players 6 years ago, then bale and Ramsey come along.

Meanwhile, the management has been strengthened and not cheap. Then, recently it created a women's section of the Fiorentina, the first company in Italy. In the market in recent days they were refused 12 million of Naples for Vecino and ten of Tottenham for Ilicic. If a president like Adv had in mind to sell, these two shots would take them home so going to cover the outlay of 20 million made up of his own pocket just in spring. Instead, the honorary chairman is motivated and after the bitterness of a difficult summer for the many negative episodes and some blunders made in society (Salah, Milinkovic ...), has found the will to fight and especially to win. Adv has begun to talk about a trophy that is missing in its wall, he touched on a few occasions, never took home thirteen years of management.

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/enzo-bucchioni-la-fiorentina-non-e-in-vendita-726197

West Brom boss Tony Pulis does not expect Saido Berahino to ever join Tottenham.

The former England U21 striker is poised for a return to the Baggies side against Southampton on Saturday having missed the last three games - just over a week after he issued a strike threat on Twitter following Spurs' failed bids to sign him on deadline day.

Reports have suggested the north London club could come back in for Berahino in January, but Pulis believes the deal is dead.

"Personally I don't think Tottenham will ever come back," he said. "I don't think that will happen.

"There are other clubs out there who if they're interested, they're interested, but I'm sure Saido will deal with it in a different way to how he did this time.

"I just think most probably the two clubs have tried to do a deal and it's not worked and not happened. I don't see Daniel (Levy, Tottenham chairman) coming back to try to sign Saido again. I might be wrong.

"It is not anything. It's just my feeling. I just don't see Daniel coming back."

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...xpect-tottenham-to-return-for-saido-berahino?

I agree with pulis we won't be back in for him. Ain't it strange that it's always the deal that puts us significantly in to positive net spend as being the one we can never get over the line. Anyway who cares we've got plenty of strikers

I agree with pulis we won't be back in for him. Ain't it strange that it's always the deal that puts us significantly in to positive net spend as being the one we can never get over the line. Anyway who cares we've got plenty of strikers
Not really. Kane is the only striker on our books, if you ignore Ade, with a couple of inside forwards who could play there at a pinch. We've left ourselves light up top.

Last edited:
I'll be honest, I haven't looked at any detail or if at all feasible, but what happened to Michu?
If his contract got terminated, what about him for cover, pay as you play etc.
Just a thought, probably stupid... as I say, not sure of the fall out at Swansea, injuries, just remember a decent player, albeit some time ago!

It's not strange at all really as we're working on a budget

I'll be honest, I haven't looked at any detail or if at all feasible, but what happened to Michu?
Just a thought, probably stupid... as I say, not sure of the fall out at Swansea, injuries, just remember a decent player, albeit some time ago!

Mentioned it on here not too long ago. Not a positive response from those who appear to know more about his form.

Jermaine Jenas:

"Saido Berahino and West Brom have both handled the situation badly. Now, the player will be booed by his own fans and that will affect his performances"

West Brom boss Tony Pulis does not expect Saido Berahino to ever join Tottenham.

The former England U21 striker is poised for a return to the Baggies side against Southampton on Saturday having missed the last three games - just over a week after he issued a strike threat on Twitter following Spurs' failed bids to sign him on deadline day.

Reports have suggested the north London club could come back in for Berahino in January, but Pulis believes the deal is dead.

"Personally I don't think Tottenham will ever come back," he said. "I don't think that will happen.

"There are other clubs out there who if they're interested, they're interested, but I'm sure Saido will deal with it in a different way to how he did this time.

"I just think most probably the two clubs have tried to do a deal and it's not worked and not happened. I don't see Daniel (Levy, Tottenham chairman) coming back to try to sign Saido again. I might be wrong.

"It is not anything. It's just my feeling. I just don't see Daniel coming back."

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...xpect-tottenham-to-return-for-saido-berahino?
Nonsense to convince player to sign a new contract.

Agree - don't know what happened there (and a bit of a warning about one-season wonders...)

Would be a good option for Europa even if he's not quite what he was.

Whether it's him or not, if we don't sign a striker come Jan then that counts as negligence. If Kane survives another season in form and fit without any proper help then it's a miracle.

Son, chadli and lamela are not number 9s and a website update or Press release will not hide this fact to nearly everyone who has an opinion on our club.

We also need to get over the fact that there has been a shift in transfer fees (partly due what we received for bale and the new tv deal) so 15m players are now going for an extra 10m and this won't change anytime soon.

Stadium or no stadium - if clubs like west brom can have a 25m net spend yet we have to break even every year since 2009 then something is very wrong.

We have lamela to sell and despite being pretty poor for 2 years, we can probably get 15m for him. Similarly townsend would fetch 10m plus so we can make this sale very possible from a financial persepctive anyway.

I genuinely feel a front 4 of berahino up top with kane, eriskisen and son in behind would be top draw and it's so disppointing we didn't get him.

Back