• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Berahino in January for £25m?

Berahino in January for £25m?

• Yes

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 63.8%

• Total voters
Frankly, can't see us signing Berahino in January. I don't remember us ever going back to players we failed to sign in the past. If we do go and sign him for the reported fee, it will only show the apparent weakness in our current transfer policy : our transfers targets are very limited and we don't have alternate plans when we failed to get them !

Frankly, can't see us signing Berahino in January. I don't remember us ever going back to players we failed to sign in the past. If we do go and sign him for the reported fee, it will only show the apparent weakness in our current transfer policy : our transfers targets are very limited and we don't have alternate plans when we failed to get them !

Really? this is not a mafia type situation ... it shows more weakness if you can't swallow your pride for something that we may need come January. Not saying we will or won't but that rational is borderline.

I think we we just go with what we have now for the rest of the season and then next summer try and sign Jay Rodriguez .....just a prediction

We don't need him, not for that fee.

I'd rather our brains trust found us a strong forward a la drogba lukaku bent eke- we've been crying out for one for years surely he's out there somewhere?

We don't need him, not for that fee.

I'd rather our brains trust found us a strong forward a la drogba lukaku bent eke- we've been crying out for one for years surely he's out there somewhere?

we already have him

promo245089564_61947300.jpg

Whether it's him or not, if we don't sign a striker come Jan then that counts as negligence. If Kane survives another season in form and fit without any proper help then it's a miracle.

Son, chadli and lamela are not number 9s and a website update or Press release will not hide this fact to nearly everyone who has an opinion on our club.

We also need to get over the fact that there has been a shift in transfer fees (partly due what we received for bale and the new tv deal) so 15m players are now going for an extra 10m and this won't change anytime soon.

Stadium or no stadium - if clubs like west brom can have a 25m net spend yet we have to break even every year since 2009 then something is very wrong.

We have lamela to sell and despite being pretty poor for 2 years, we can probably get 15m for him. Similarly townsend would fetch 10m plus so we can make this sale very possible from a financial persepctive anyway.

I genuinely feel a front 4 of berahino up top with kane, eriskisen and son in behind would be top draw and it's so disppointing we didn't get him.

It will only be negligence if it is proved that we needed the backup, and our form is worse than the previous year as a result. I think it is too early to tell now. Rather than assessing the performance by way of Kane's individual performance, we need to be looking at the contribution from our attacking players. If we win as many then "the plan" worked.

Stadium or no stadium comment has been done to death. WBA are not spending £400m-£500m on a stadium hence the disparity. Nothing very wrong about that.

As for whether we will go in for Berahino or not, I think a lot depends on the situation at the time of the window opening. If Berahino is brick between now and then, would we even want him. He could easily have been the one season wonder that some on here are fearing is the case with Kane.

It will only be negligence if it is proved that we needed the backup, and our form is worse than the previous year as a result. I think it is too early to tell now. Rather than assessing the performance by way of Kane's individual performance, we need to be looking at the contribution from our attacking players. If we win as many then "the plan" worked.

Stadium or no stadium comment has been done to death. WBA are not spending £400m-£500m on a stadium hence the disparity. Nothing very wrong about that.

As for whether we will go in for Berahino or not, I think a lot depends on the situation at the time of the window opening. If Berahino is ****e between now and then, would we even want him. He could easily have been the one season wonder that some on here are fearing is the case with Kane.

Who is fearing Kane is one season wonder? The pundits or some of our worst type of fans? Kane is quality and if he played to the standard he has set in the first 5 games all year then we will have a real threat in our hands who will score a good amount too. Will he score 30 again - maybe not but not many players do!

Similarly Berahino is a player who is sharp, skilful, quick and can score goals - he will do well to fade considering the pedigree he currently has.

The idea of negligence remains. If you build a house without a door and you aren't burgled for the first year you can't turn around and say 'well I told you we didn't need to waste money on a door' because eventually you will be burgled! Stupid analogy I know but say Kane fires 40 goals this year it still can't hide the fact that to only have him as a recognised striker in the squad is extremely poor.

Berhaino would have been a good option and even someone like Vardy wouldn't be the worst ever buy for 12m, just so we have some more options as and when its needed. Even based on last year we needed Soldado and Ade to start and come on in various games and despite how bad they were sometimes having a recognised body is better than no one at all.

I agree let's not get back onto the argument about Levy's spending but my point is to illustrate that small clubs with v little backing can now afford to outlay that much due to the massive TV deals and those that are in the pipeline. Making money on transfers each year since 09 doesn't quite add up when if you look at Arsenal, their period of thrift came after the stadium has been built and they actually had taken out a loan! I predict that the real period of hardship will be 2018-2028 rather than now. Also with the new TV deal, the importance of the extra 25 ,000 seats could well be minimised. For me a 25m purchase of Berahino would have done little to affect our ability to pay back loans, esp when he is an asset that will probably not decrease in value and we have other assets we could sell in addition to this. My gut feeling is that the stadium is a tool to simply sell the club for as much profit as possible, rather than any vision of making us competitive.

What about Vardy for £12m? He could be decent Kane back-up
And you think they'd sell for less than £25m. I know it sounds laughable but @Jordinho is right. As long as a team want to keep a player in the PL it will take £30m bids toeven be taken seriously. And all a player has to do is perform for half a season.

Let's be honest we'd want well in excess of £50m for Kane at least if you had to give a figure

And you think they'd sell for less than £25m. I know it sounds laughable but @Jordinho is right. As long as a team want to keep a player in the PL it will take £30m bids toeven be taken seriously. And all a player has to do is perform for half a season.

Let's be honest we'd want well in excess of £50m for Kane at least if you had to give a figure

Vardy is 28 cf to 21 YO Berahino

I'd never really noticed him till I saw him on MOTD last night. I just thought he had a Kane-like drive to him.

Mind you - Naysmith looked a world beater too.

and you used to be first to criticize Redknapp for his MOTD scouting and buying ;)

I think Berahino will get back in the Brom team and continue his increasingly good form from last season, and by Jan or next summer one of the big 4 teams will snap him up

I agree with this. He will go for £25m or thereabouts in January, but sadly not to us.We need a plan B ready now.

Back