• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Berahino in January for £25m?

Berahino in January for £25m?

• Yes

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 63.8%

• Total voters
It doesnt matter Levy will go back and offer £18m on January the first.
I mean WBA wanted £25m a month ago but Levy decided to fudge them around with offers that were never gonna succeed.

I half believe he made the offer on the last day knowing full well it wouldn't be accepted so it would look as if he was doing something.

My only problem with the guy is the way he buys players. I think Baldini did a decent job getting deals done when it was his responsibility.

I think we all could have closed the Lamela deal for 26mill.Baldini did a terrible job imo.He managed to waste the majority of the Bale money.Anybody can buy rubbish at a premium.

It doesnt matter Levy will go back and offer £18m on January the first.
I mean WBA wanted £25m a month ago but Levy decided to fudge them around with offers that were never gonna succeed.

I half believe he made the offer on the last day knowing full well it wouldn't be accepted so it would look as if he was doing something.

My only problem with the guy is the way he buys players. I think Baldini did a decent job getting deals done when it was his responsibility.

It is irrelevant what WBA value him at. We need to work out what we think he is worth to us, if WBA's valuation is higher we should walk away if they are not prepared to do a deal.

I think we should support the manager if that's what he wants.
Alternatively we could buy someone he doesn't want, and with the money we save we'll have enough to pay off Poch's contract.

taxi-driver.jpg

£25m is enough to buy 95% of players in the premier league let alone the rest of the world. I'm sure there is somebody with greater ability and potential out there.

Would people still want Berahino to come in the next window or should we look elsewhere?
I thought the point is Poch didn't want to look elsewhere? If that is the case we should bring him in. There is every chance though that the fee will be in the region of 25 million again, as it will be January and WBA will know we still have only one striker.

Yes, he is a very good, young player who has proven that he can score goals in the PL. his contract situation means that it may not take that much however, unless Berahino signs a new contract there that is.

Doesn't detract from the fact that we should've got it done this summer however.
I think we would need to stump up 25 million in January whether he signs a contract ( the reported buy out clause) or not. The new contract only makes a difference to his price next summer.

I thought the point is Poch didn't want to look elsewhere? If that is the case we should bring him in. There is every chance though that the fee will be in the region of 25 million again, as it will be January and WBA will know we still have only one striker.

How do you know where Poch did or did not want to look?

How do you know where Poch did or did not want to look?
Isn't that what the statement said and the repeated bids suggested or are we back arguing about speculation? Great thread by the way I am consoling myself that we will get a striker in January.

So are you telling us you know for sure that Poch never looked at any other strikers during the window?

So are you telling us you know for sure that Poch never looked at any other strikers during the window?
I can't tell you anything for sure - that was established in another thread. But I can safely speculate that he really really wanted Berahino.

Or other players the Poch wanted were not available

Back