• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Benjamin Stambouli - Sold to PSG

All I will say on this is that he doesn't look like a signing that Poch wanted. If he was, he would have started more gsmes..... Poch looks as though he sees him as his last choice midfielder right now:

All I will say on this is that he doesn't look like a signing that Poch wanted. If he was, he would have started more gsmes..... Poch looks as though he sees him as his last choice midfielder right now:

I think that it is probably that we will see more of him in the second half of the season and I would expect Dembele, Paulinho and Capoue to be closer to the exit door than him.

If we'd known Mason and Bentaleb would be earning their place in the first team, I doubt Stambouli would have been signed. As it was he was a replacement and cost saving on Sandro. Still I'm glad he's with us, he has a great attitude and considerable skill. He should develop under Poch if he can get enough (cup) games.

i thought that as with AVB, all purchases under Poch is made by committee ? maybe Poch was outvoted, but he signed up for the DOF system, and it management failure (specifically decision making process) that should come under scrutiny. E.g. should the coach have final veto rights

If we'd known Mason and Bentaleb would be earning their place in the first team, I doubt Stambouli would have been signed. As it was he was a replacement and cost saving on Sandro. Still I'm glad he's with us, he has a great attitude and considerable skill. He should develop under Poch if he can get enough (cup) games.

There's the point. Why didnt we know that Mason ans Bentelab would come in to the team and impress.... Surely someone must identify who we have coming through and say lets blood them in and not clog up the squad with 'filler'.

Everyone talks about how good sotons academy is but the main difference is that they give their young players a chance.

There's the point. Why didnt we know that Mason ans Bentelab would come in to the team and impress.... Surely someone must identify who we have coming through and say lets blood them in and not clog up the squad with 'filler'.

Everyone talks about how good sotons academy is but the main difference is that they give their young players a chance.

Presumably because they both came into the season carrying injuries and we did not want to put too much pressure on them.

I don't think that it is fair criticise us for not giving young players a chance. There cannot be many Premier League clubs with more academy players in their first team squad than us.

Stambouli seemed like a panic buy to me and which we went ahead with either because we didnt ewxpect to sell Sandro late on and wanted a replacement or because another signing fell through late on.

Either way, based on what he's shown so far he doesnt look up to standard

Stambouli seemed like a panic buy to me and which we went ahead with either because we didnt ewxpect to sell Sandro late on and wanted a replacement or because another signing fell through late on.

Either way, based on what he's shown so far he doesnt look up to standard

I think that Sandro was always likely to be moved on given his injury record and unsuitability to playing the passing game that Poch favours. I think that we signed Stambouli because we could not get Schneiderlin. He was cheap so it hardly looks like we will lose anything if we move him on after a season and he could still come good yet.

Am I right that he is similar to Sandro in that he breaks the play up in a holding role and distributes to the midfield or is he a player who can join in the attack too?

Am I right that he is similar to Sandro in that he breaks the play up in a holding role and distributes to the midfield or is he a player who can join in the attack too?

I think you're right. But his passing can be crisp. He's also got quick feet in possession. But he needs to develop and that will be hard when not playing regularly.

I think that he is a significantly better passer than Sandro but weaker defensively

Agreed. Much better in possession than Sandro.

Not that Sandro was quick but stambouli is painfully slow. I struggle to see a future for him at Spurs however there a CMs to be shipped out before him (Paulinho, Capoue) so he probably has 6 - 18 months to prove himself. As someone else said, we didnt pay much for him (and I cant imagine his wages are sky high) so we should be able to sell him without too many problems I would hope

Quite good today after he came on.

Deserves a start against Saudi Sportswashing Machine imo, particularly as I think we need to rotate a bit.

Not too shabby a cameo for someone with only 21 minutes of PL experience under his belt...

@WindyCOYS: Stambouli came on and completed all 10 of his passes and made 2 key passes. 4 interceptions in 21 minutes too. Time to integrate him.

@MC_of_A: Benjamin Stambouli with 4 interceptions and 1 tackle (won) in just 20 min. He was a bawse out there. Via @StatsZone

B41ekJ5CQAA-3gh.png

stambouli looks really good with the quick transitions. has an eye for a pass and very energetic all the time.

i'd like to see him and mason together in the centre. i think it would look like a traditional 1st division all-action midfield center - no dithering and multiple passes, just get-and-go!

One thing that he seems to have that we are lacking, is leadership qualities, always see him organising and trying to fire people up.

Thought he was quite good tonight. Would like to see him get a run in the team to see what he can really do.

This guy still hasn't fully won me over. I like him and he has some good moments but even this evening there were a few times where he was a bit slipshod in his defensive positioning and tracking back. I've seen the same thing from him before in a few of his other outings. I also I don't think he's fast enough for the PL, but good reading of the game can compensate for that sometimes. It will be interesting to see how he progresses this season.

Back