• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Benjamin Stambouli - Sold to PSG

Stambouli has to start ahead of mason. He hasn't been given loads of opporutnities, but think he's done well pretty much every time. Hard to tell do side ring the opposition, but the midfield looks infinitely better tonight. Same for Saturday please.

Instead of Mason?

It's a tough one. I like Mason and think he's been a revelation this season. But sometimes I wonder if we'd be a bit more stable with a proper DM in the side, as none of Mason, Bentaleb or Eriksen fit that criteria. On current form, Mason is the one of those three that would need to come out. Unless we move Eriksen out wide, but he's less effective there and we need to get the best out of our best player.

This guy still hasn't fully won me over. I like him and he has some good moments but even this evening there were a few times where he was a bit slipshod in his defensive positioning and tracking back. I've seen the same thing from him before in a few of his other outings. I also I don't think he's fast enough for the PL, but good reading of the game can compensate for that sometimes. It will be interesting to see how he progresses this season.

This is pretty much were I'm at too at the moment.
He needs to get used to the tempo of the league and start knocking it around first time like mason and bentaleb.

Stambouli has to start ahead of mason. He hasn't been given loads of opporutnities, but think he's done well pretty much every time. Hard to tell do side ring the opposition, but the midfield looks infinitely better tonight. Same for Saturday please.

wasn't a stern test. anyways options are good but i agree that stambouli should start, and its a matter of either mason or bentaleb for the right opposition.

Thought this was his best game for us to date but again not truly tested at all and didn't really do anything great. Jury still out on him for me we will never really know what he can truly offer until he plays against a good side

This guy still hasn't fully won me over.

Me neither, but nor would he have. Hasn't started many PL games yet. Hoping he does, otherwise next season might 'effectively' be his first and he will have only started 'x' number of PL games ;)

Last edited:
For me he's at least made himself first backup behind Mason and Bentaleb right now. Should be used quite frequently with our fixture list in other words, rotating like today.

It's a tough one. I like Mason and think he's been a revelation this season. But sometimes I wonder if we'd be a bit more stable with a proper DM in the side, as none of Mason, Bentaleb or Eriksen fit that criteria. On current form, Mason is the one of those three that would need to come out. Unless we move Eriksen out wide, but he's less effective there and we need to get the best out of our best player.

I'm happy with any two from those three at the moment (though Bentaleb is the first in on current form).

Good options - all 3 hardworking, good in the tackle and progressive ballplayers

Stambouli hasn't convinced me to be first choice, but certainly could see him getting a couple of starts through this month to ease the workload on Mason/Bentaleb.

bentaleb leaves in jan so now is a good time as any to get stambouli in the team

Very good point, Algeria will probably go far in the tournament too.
Then again if we do get Rabiot in, then we may see him getting games alongside Mason/Stambouli.

Stambouli needs a few more games under his belt but up to this point he is looking the better option in that position as long as he gets more starts.

I thought that Benyamin had an decent game today, nothing spectacular but nothing too bad either. With Bentaleb off to the African cup of nations he's going get a run of a few games and hopefully show us why we bought him.

Much better in the second half, alot more switched on and disciplined. Could be because he was on a yellow, could be because of something Poch said to him at half time. But a lot more games like his second half today and he will be fine.

Much better in the second half, alot more switched on and disciplined. Could be because he was on a yellow, could be because of something Poch said to him at half time. But a lot more games like his second half today and he will be fine.

I know that you are a big fan of this guy, I think he has a lot more in his locker than we have seen so far, I don't know why I think that, but hopefully he'll continue to improve as he he gets used to the Prem and the players around him

He did better in the 2nd half. I wonder if him, Mason and Bentaleb would all be better off in a 3. Essentialy, you'd drop Lamela to have a midfield 3, then a front 3 of Chadli, Eriksen and Kane. (Replace Chadli with an absolute rocket-speed class player and Stambouli with Schiederlin and it'd be a handy team).

Against a midfield that includes Carrick/Rooney/Mata in his what, 3rd start in PL?

don't think he's special, but at least can hold his own.

He isn't a DMC Imo . Struggled today positionally but willing to give him a chance as he looks decent on the ball when he isn't doing ridiculous things. Solid player but I don't see where he will fit into our first team in the medium/long term

First half he was dreadful todal, second half improved. Still cant see him having a future at Spurs - too slow and too limited on the ball. However there's probably no point selling him til he's had 18 months to adapt and enough games to prove or disprove himself, kind of like Capoue has had. Certainly would play Mason and Bentaleb ahead of him and probably Carroll too. The rest of our CMs can bug ger off!

Back