• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Benjamin Stambouli - Sold to PSG

I think he is ok but offers nothing out of the ordinary. Maybe that's all we need from him but he is very 'vanilla'.

I think he is ok but offers nothing out of the ordinary. Maybe that's all we need from him but he is very 'vanilla'.

he passes forward, puts a foot in, has fight. so basically offers more then every other central midfielder we have bar Mason.

he passes forward, puts a foot in, has fight. so basically offers more then every other central midfielder we have bar Mason.

I agree he has the vision to look and think 'forward' but I don't see him as a game changer. As I say maybe that's all we need him to do - sit in midfield and play as an anchor. Supply the eriksens and Lamelas who are/potentially are game changers.

I read somewhere that the journalist greg stobart said something like 'keep signing 6/10 players then you will end up with a 6/10 average squad' - I think this is pretty fitting here.

I agree he has the vision to look and think 'forward' but I don't see him as a game changer. As I say maybe that's all we need him to do - sit in midfield and play as an anchor. Supply the eriksens and Lamelas who are/potentially are game changers.

i think thats what we miss alongside Mason, someone who can also quickly spread play and distribute to those who can cause danger. Maybe him and Mason would work well in a three alongside Eriksen.

You'd like to think he would do a better defensive job than capoue. Right now that will do

He might have scored a goal today but as our most defensive player in the first half he was shocking. He failed to hold, and running back it was as if he was running in treacle, he was nearly as fast as Huddlestone

The thing I like about him is hes very vocal on the pitch. He could turn out to be brainless shouting bad advice or he could be a potential leader in the middle.
That's if he has the ability to get in the first team.

He might have scored a goal today but as our most defensive player in the first half he was shocking. He failed to hold, and running back it was as if he was running in treacle, he was nearly as fast as Huddlestone

I agree with this. Looks good on the ball but needs to work harder tracking back. Probably down to match fitness.

i think thats what we miss alongside Mason, someone who can also quickly spread play and distribute to those who can cause danger. Maybe him and Mason would work well in a three alongside Eriksen.

Maybe but I don't think Mason is playing to his strengths by sitting deeper and we wouldn't have 2 pushed forward. I'd like to see it in the PL though maybe at home otherwise we'll never know.

I agree with this. Looks good on the ball but needs to work harder tracking back. Probably down to match fitness.

Is he just back from injury or something??? About 20 minutes into the 1st half he was trying to chase back and litetally looked like he was about to collapse (which happened a few times after that).

Other than that, a decent performance on the ball.

He looked confident on the ball, he made some good interceptions and tackles. He grew as the game went on after we had all immediately written him off when it looked like he was running in treacle. He didn't get himself as exposed in the rest of the game but I do wonder if that is a lack of match fitness, the possibility of a slight injury? if it is something he can work on, then I'd get straight out there and put the time in. He otherwise looked quite assured, passed well and sensibly and did look quite dynamic around the box.

He's very good on the ball, lovely technique and ball skills. In all other games Ive seen he's gotten around the pitch well and displayed good energy levels, no idea why he looked to be struggling with the defensive side of things but Im not concerned about that area....

He's very good on the ball, lovely technique and ball skills. In all other games Ive seen he's gotten around the pitch well and displayed good energy levels, no idea why he looked to be struggling with the defensive side of things but Im not concerned about that area....

Apologies if you were being sarcastic, but really?? You're not concerned about us defensively?

Apologies if you were being sarcastic, but really?? You're not concerned about us defensively?

As a defensive unit we have concerns, I was referring to Stambouli. From what Ive seen of him he gets around the pitch and puts his foot in, last night his defensive side wasnt good but that could well be down to his injury/fitness. Ive seen enough not to be concerned about his defensive duties previous to last nights game.....

That Partizan player was very quick though. Not a ton of defensive midfielders that manage to keep up with quick wingers over a distance like that.

Yeah - we don't need him as a game changer. His job is to win the ball through interceptions or tackles and to move it quickly to either the primary ballplayer next to him (Mason), or one of the 3 AMs in front of him. That's it - protect the back 4 and move the ball on quickly.

I think that's harsh. Paulinho and Dembele either side of him were terrible - he was carrying them both. It was noticeable how much better he was once Bentaleb came on. I'd really like to see him paired with Mason now.

You also don't need pace in that role - it's all about reading the game and positioning. It's about shielding, rather than having to sprint back and make last ditch tackles.

As a defensive unit we have concerns, I was referring to Stambouli. From what Ive seen of him he gets around the pitch and puts his foot in, last night his defensive side wasnt good but that could well be down to his injury/fitness. Ive seen enough not to be concerned about his defensive duties previous to last nights game.....

Ah fair enough!

That Partizan player was very quick though. Not a ton of defensive midfielders that manage to keep up with quick wingers over a distance like that.

He didn't look like he was struggling to keep up though, he looked like he was struggling to put one foot past the other because he was so tired!

What I noticed about him on at least 3 occasions he was shouting at the other players to pick up there game... As in 'fu ckin come on' thought that was a very good sign and he impressed me the mist last night.. Although I was in the east stand with some what restricted view, and I thought soldado played poo but everybody else on here seems to think he had a good game, so maybe my view of the game was impieded to the extent of not knowing who played well..

Ps. Not being sarcy

Back