• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Benjamin Stambouli - Sold to PSG

I don't think he can be good enough to ever be a top 4 player. In my opinion. But a good squad player. If he is happy with that.

whats a "top 4 player" ?
Somebody who will improve us. We have players that can take us to a top 6 finish. But we need some real talent to propel us. I don't think Benjamin is one of those from what I have seen of him. Early days though and I am happy to be proven wrong by him.

Somebody who will improve us. We have players that can take us to a top 6 finish. But we need some real talent to propel us. I don't think Benjamin is one of those from what I have seen of him. Early days though and I am happy to be proven wrong by him.

So was Crouch a top 4 player when at was at spurs?

He's one of those players I just don't "get". Not really sure what he is or what he's supposed to be bringing to the team, I don't like the idea of bringing players to this club unless we think they're going to be a big part of our future(short, medium or long term), otherwise all they serve to do is block our kids from coming through. I'm pretty confident Veljkovic could do what Stambouli has done so far but it's still early days.

So was Crouch a top 4 player when at was at spurs?
Maybe the term top 4 player wasn't right. I suppose what I was trying to say was that he is not an improvement on what we have and isn't what we need to propel us back in to top 4 as far as our best 11 is concerned.

Maybe the term top 4 player wasn't right. I suppose what I was trying to say was that he is not an improvement on what we have and isn't what we need to propel us back in to top 4 as far as our best 11 is concerned.

image.jpg

Met him today and had a drunken conversation

He is loving it at spurs

Incredibly humble by normal players standards

Really enjoyed the second half today but felt in the first half we couldmt get a foothold in the game

Eriksen and Lamella were either with sisters or have very young girlfriends

Lamellas warm down was more intense than most players warm up

He was absolutely awful in the first half and really should have been hooked at half time. He was a lot better in the 2nd half but nothing special either, just better than the first half. I just think he's going to struggle with his lack of mobility in this league. Hopefully he proves me wrong and adapts but I'm not sure Spurs can give him the time and platform he will need to do this.

Poor first half with no support from the other midfielders

Very good second half when we got to strips with United system and our superior fitness shine through

He needs game and time and let see how he settles

poor ledley king

I guess King is an exception as he came up through the academy and loved the club. However let's not pretend that nearly every player we have had in the last few years that has been of top four quality has left. Keane and Berba both ditched us, Modric, Carrick and ofc Bale also went to title chasing teams. We could go further back and talk about Sheringham and Judas.

Players that we have taken off us as opposed to ones we keep for years or sell.

By that definition, how many "top 4 players" have we had in our squads the years we've actually finished in the top 4?

-------------------------

Important to remember with Stambouli that yesterday was only his second league start. Thought he did well in the second half after a rather poor first half. Still adapting I think and our team was far from settled. Looks decent and will probably improve.

I tihnk he's underrated on the ball, he shows good touch and flashes of skill for me. Got a feeling there's more to come from this guy...

I tihnk he's underrated on the ball, he shows good touch and flashes of skill for me. Got a feeling there's more to come from this guy...

I really hope so, we have to find a player who will give cover to our CB's and he looks like he could be the man.

i like stambouli and thought him and mason were the best cb pairing we have. mind you this is one of his rare starts and against a very good man u midfield-attack. maybe there wasn't a youtube moment for him , but i thought man U looked unable to get things going in the midfield, opting to slide it out wide.

btw that high tackle on carrick - do you think it deserved a red ?

Stambouli's lack of pace still concerns me, and I don't think I'll be reconciled to the bargain-bin nature of his signing for quite a while. However, I will happily admit that he seems like a great bloke, and that even though he's slow and does make defensive errors at times, he's probably still better than all our current CDM options for the role on the pitch he occupies, barring perhaps the Bentaleb-Mason duo.

View attachment 2232

Met him today and had a drunken conversation

He is loving it at spurs

Incredibly humble by normal players standards

Really enjoyed the second half today but felt in the first half we couldmt get a foothold in the game

Eriksen and Lamella were either with sisters or have very young girlfriends

Lamellas warm down was more intense than most players warm up

Nice one. Stambouli has always come across well in interviews that I have seen/read.

Nice one. Stambouli has always come across well in interviews that I have seen/read.

He came across as a really nice guy.

Spoke good English although he was texting in French

Security were trying to get us to move on but he was happy to pose for photos

We also met Mark Van Bommel before hand. His son is a spurs fan

Back