• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Benjamin Stambouli - Sold to PSG

He was excellent today. Aggressive, got around the pitch a bit better than he has and used the ball really well.

I like Stambouli. He is technically very good and has a cool head when in possession (is very good at mis-direction, if u know what i mean).

That Europa league game did alarm me. He really did look like a lame racehorse when chasing back when we were countered. i don't know if it was a lack of fitness or whether he just is slow over longish sprints.

He does appear pretty sharp over the shorter distance as he showed today when getting in amongst them. Poch will like that kind of effort, and hopefully that 1 negative gets well outweighed by the good stuff.

Got the odd dodgy pass in him, but he was excellent. Him and dembele is the strongest pairing we have I feel. Controlled the game!

He has had a few good performances against sides inferior to us. Would like to see him perform in a big game. But he has proved to me that he has a place in the squad and can start in games against teams who sit back against us.

He has had a few good performances against sides inferior to us. Would like to see him perform in a big game. But he has proved to me that he has a place in the squad and can start in games against teams who sit back against us.

he was brilliant second half against Utd.

The thing is that it's the games against the inferior sides that have caused us the most trouble this season. Of course we would all like our players to dominate against a top side, like Bentaleb arguably did against Chel53a. But if he can play like yesterday and perhaps even improve a bit on that performance against smaller teams that will probably earn us more points over a season than a small number of huge performances against the big teams.

Still early days, but I still like the look of him. Wonder how he would look next to Mason.

The thing is that it's the games against the inferior sides that have caused us the most trouble this season. Of course we would all like our players to dominate against a top side, like Bentaleb arguably did against Chel53a. But if he can play like yesterday and perhaps even improve a bit on that performance against smaller teams that will probably earn us more points over a season than a small number of huge performances against the big teams.

Still early days, but I still like the look of him. Wonder how he would look next to Mason.

Im still more confident with a Masona nd Bentaleb combo... but Dembele against the stronger sides - he keeps the ball much better and just so strong with some presence. Stambouli is ok but definitely fourth/fifth choice if you want to think of it as pecking orders.

- - - Updated - - -

Im still more confident with a Masona nd Bentaleb combo... but Dembele against the stronger sides - he keeps the ball much better and just so strong with some presence. Stambouli is ok but definitely fourth/fifth choice if you want to think of it as pecking orders.

Oh, I agree DHSF he's still behind Bentaleb in the pecking order for the more holding role of the two deep midfielders.

If Mason is still ahead of Dembele for the more box to box role (I think so) I think Mason - Stambouli could be a partnership we could see if Mason returns before Bentaleb. Of course Dembele could also be an option for the more holding role, but if he's ahead of Stambouli for that role or not I'm not so sure.

So what we now have is two pretty strong central midfield pairings, Mason + Bentaleb and Stambouli + Dembele. In truth I thought Mason was starting to go off the boil just before his injury, lots of stray passes and stuff, and Bentaleb also had one or two poor games in between some very impressive performances. So it'll be very interesting to see who eventually wins out when Mason is fully recovered from injury and Bentaleb returns from the ACoN.

Whatever the outcome, Spurs win!

I'd start Stambouli and Dembele as our main pairing. Though bentaleb is maybe a safer, more consistent bet than stambouli, but feel stam offers more in defence and attack.

I'd start Stambouli and Dembele as our main pairing. Though bentaleb is maybe a safer, more consistent bet than stambouli, but feel stam offers more in defence and attack.

I still prefer Bentaleb and Mason, but the upturn in Stambouli and Dembele's performances means that we have some options now and don't need to run players into the ground which is good.

I would agree with you but ONLY against the a top 6 team.

Dembele offers NOTHING against teams like Sunderland who park the bus. He slows down play when rapid transitions of play are required - there is an obvious reason why Arsenal constantly steamroller these teams because the opposition are unable to organise themselves in time to counter their speed of transition.

However his ability to retain the ball and shield it is essential against the top teams and allows us to keep possession and utilise the more open spaces to our advantage - as we saw against Chel53a.

In our system the CM partnership is just as important as a CB partnership ( or a striker partnership used to be)

So it will nice if we are developing two genuine partnerships.
If we stay in all competitions we will have ALOT of games this season, so an interchangeable set of two would be very very useful

Back