• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

He's been ok but Rose is still our best left back imo.Seems many have already forgotten hes been one of our best players this season.
The fact is plenty of people have already made up their minds about him (Rose) and nothing he ever does will change their minds, the tiniest mistake and he will be crucified.

AlarmingScholarlyBluemorphobutterfly.gif

or

1zdbxg9.jpg

I stood up in the pub and applauded after that tackle. It was one of those 'worth a goal' type tackles. And not a tap in. It was a 25 yard pile dr.iver tackle.

Vertonghen gave up after the pass went by him. Disappointing.

That King tackle gets better every time I see it.

The King tackle is the epitome of King; an excellent tackle that he had no right to get back to even save, that he won the tackle is because he is King, and was the defensive King. Still snnoys me when I talk with others, telling them that King was the best defender in the Premier League, and that they disagree. Especially when they then rate the likes of Carragher, and Ferdinand, as having been better!!!

That tackle today, by Davies, was excellent. It's a pleasure to watch replays, the same feeling as watching a good goal having been scored. To admire the skill that was applied as Davies successfully won the challenge.

What stood out for me was the desire, Vertonghen had already consigned himself but Davies kept going and made a great tackle.

Davies has done very well since coming in, although not as attack minded as Rose I do feel he adds a bit more to our defensive cohesion, two leftbacks in form can only be good for us.

He's settled down now, but didn't do very well for the goal today. I like him, and I think we could use Rose at left-mid in some games, with Davies at left back.

Fantastic tackle he did today too.

He's settled down now, but didn't do very well for the goal today. I like him, and I think we could use Rose at left-mid in some games, with Davies at left back.

Fantastic tackle he did today too.

I'd like to see that option tried

Are people allowing themselves to be blinded by that brilliant tackle? He allowed Routledge the freedom to absolutely murder us down the flank second half.

Let's have some balance here.

Glad to have Rose and Davies both right now. I think Rose has a greater impact on games (sometimes negative), but on this trajectory I'd have Davies as the starting LB before the end of this season.

Are people allowing themselves to be blinded by that brilliant tackle? He allowed Routledge the freedom to absolutely murder us down the flank second half.

You're talking for the goal? If so I agree. If you're talking about in general in the second half I disagree. Davies did well apart from the goal situation.

Overall he did well.

Brilliant tackle, fantastic pass to Eriksen for the winner but sold himself far too easily for their goal.

Both Rose and Davies have their merits, not a clear winner here right now

My thoughts are that this was to try to tuck in and ensure we didn't have as much space between our centre halves as we did in the first half where Bony was running riot. It's probably for a different thread (and I'll try to give some thoughts on this perhaps in the match thread) but, again, I thought yesterday showed how many more chances a team can create by playing with width.

Davies had another great gsme. Light years ahead of rose and so pleased he's finally got the place.

Another Great Game??? that is way overstating what he has done since he came in for Rose. He has been steady at best. He offers virtually nothing going forward and when you play with two sitting midfielders like we do then that is not a good thing. He Did not track Routledge for their goal and he let lots of crosses come in from the right Hand side. That last ditch tackle aside he was poor. I cant wait to have Rose back myself. More tenacious and better at occupying oppositions wingers.

Another Great Game??? that is way overstating what he has done since he came in for Rose. He has been steady at best. He offers virtually nothing going forward and when you play with two sitting midfielders like we do then that is not a good thing. He Did not track Routledge for their goal and he let lots of crosses come in from the right Hand side. That last ditch tackle aside he was poor. I cant wait to have Rose back myself. More tenacious and better at occupying oppositions wingers.

I think youre being overly harsh on him regarding his defensive play.

Going forward I tend to agree and think will be better to have Rose against opposition that tends to sit back and be defensive against us and have Rose and Walker bombing down the wings. But at the same time Davies is probably the better option against teams where we know will be defending for long periods.

Both good options to have in my book....

eriksen's goal came from davies' pass.

Back